1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can't reach Oculus runtime service...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pretend racer, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

ARG!!!!

Help I have no idea whats going on. I have an important race today and I need my VR!

I used my computer last night - it was fine. This morning oculus doesn't work, I haven't changed anything so whats going on?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues (oculus) cant reach menu with pointer at session start Aug 3, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions multiplayer players out of reach? Jul 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer An Outreach From the Communities, re: DOS/DDOS Attacks Jun 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay No Blue Flags After Clock Reaches 00:00 Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats and ratings when ACC will reach EOL Dec 2, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.6.1] CTD, game doesn't reach main menu (Fixed with steam validation) Nov 21, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Error when trying to create a LAN server: Lobby could not be reached Aug 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Total players vs players out of reach (multiplayer) Jun 28, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Players out of reach? Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Changed Logitech G27 Accelerator position to only reaching 89% Throttle Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos What to do to reach and keep SA rating at 100 May 16, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Have I reached max number of mods? Apr 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Has the ai reached it's final potential ? May 20, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ai continue to race after they reach number of laps Feb 28, 2015

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

4. Pretend racer

Thanks for the link! Wow I gotta say I'm more than a little disappointed with oculus right now. How long is it gonna take for them to fix this issue? I wonder if it will take a couple of hours or a couple of days to fix this.

Good to know my computer is fine and the problem is with oculus. I'm not gonna risk messing with my computer clock though...

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Nothing dangerous in setting your PC clock back a few days, the only thing I have seen incorrect time break is you can't normally RDP into a PC that has a time difference of more than 5 mins to the client computer.
    But yeah that is a laughable error by Oculus :D

6. Pretend racer

I'm screwed for the srs race today :mad:
    I just tried to do a bit of practice on my single screen and it did not go well. The perspective is all wrong and its like driving with blinders on. My situational awareness is garbage. I hope to hell they get it sorted out quickly!

It was a great reminder of how great driving is in vr though!

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Reddit disagrees (doesn't mean they're right but they sound smarter than me so I'm going to err on the side of caution and not mess with my clock).

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/82nuzi/cant_reach_oculus_runtime_service/dvbkc25/

LeiF likes this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Oculus certificate expired, prety n00b of them really. I would expect it resolved very quickly

9. magzire

magzire Alien

I did cmd, time, 03:00. Restarted the service and worked perfectly. I don't think it's the first time had happened also.

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Looks like Oculus will need to release a patch that users download and install themselves as the expired certificate is preventing them from patching it themselves...

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Nothing like buying a quite expensive piece of hardware just to have it shut down because of a remote connection...

12. And OF course this happened right before a league race in Bathurst :mad::confused::eek:

13. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I got bitten by this yesterday lunchtime.
    Wasted nearly 3 hours firstly repairing the oculus software, then when that failed, tried uninstalling and re-installing.
    Both time had to download the 4.6GB "drivers" for the rift.
    That obviously failed and so started trying system restore, but obviously thhat failed too.
    Eventually found out about the expired certificate, should have posted something on here at the time but was too busy looking for statement from oculus.

I got up this morning expecting to be able to download a fix from oculus, but they are still looking into it according to their twitter/support forum.
    I dont understand the delay.
    Get new certificate, either tell people to set clock back to before the cert expired so they can push through oculcus home, (then set clock back).
    Or put the cert in an installer and let the poor mugs you have hobbled (through, lets face it ineptitude) download and fix the certificate.

Its simply staggering how this has been allowed to happen. There is no backup or standyby.
    One certificate, that no one is obviously managing within oculus. One way for them to distribute updates and now it it broken, awesome resilient platform there guys. Try employing someone who can use a calendar and knows how to set a reminder.

I also like the wording they used. "They are aware of a problem affecting some users", woah there nelly....."some users", its every single rift user on the face of the planet. its not isolated.
    #OculusSchoolBoyError

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  14. TaZ2k

TaZ2k Gamer

15. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

ninja'd

I've set my clock back to automatic update and am trying the patch.....

edit:
    55MB download after selecting repair.
    Oculus home then opened OK and after a PC reboot Oculus Home updated itself...
    Looks like we are back in business... just need to download all my oculus games which got deleted in the panic yesterday.
    Was half expecting to see a notification message apologising for the faux-pas but I guess I should be grateful that it worked... ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  16. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

While I loike the hardware, the software and their incredibly penetrant aggressiveness by which its software starts itself and wnats to be on all the time speaks against Oculus/Facebook. If I ever buy a VR headset again in some years, it won't be Oculus. The headset by today's standard is good, but the company I already hate right now.

Needless to say, I have not bought a single title via their store.

pavano likes this.
  18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

That's not really true. It's very easy to disable the automatic startup, mine never starts on its own and the only time it's ever on is if I'm playing an Oculus title.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...t-home-from-starting-when-playing-steam-games

Quite the opposite for me, I can't ever see myself straying from Oculus for VR gaming. Other than this certificate cockup I'm very happy with the company and their product.

Shame, you're missing out on some of the best parts of VR.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

A bit harsh to condemn a whole company for the mistake of what is likely one person.

Can’t see myself going away from Oculus either, they have spent a heap of time and money researching VR and all the aspects of it and it shows in how well the current Rift works

colombianomd, Pretend racer and mms like this.
  20. Pretend racer

Well I got an email this morning that informed me of the patch and that they will be giving me $15 credit in the oculus store account. I think that is a good gesture to show that they are accepting responsibility and want to make it right. I made sure to file a support ticket yesterday, so Im not sure if I get the $15 because of that or if they will send it to everyone...

Either way, $15 doesn't replace my unearned points in the championship yesterday.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  21. mms

mms Alien

I didn't get any email from them, so the 15$ thing is probably for people who complained....lol I started to write this post in the morning but decided it's worthless so didn't push the post button, but I just got the email with the 15$ store credit, that's a nice gesture from them :)