1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Casting Call - JP Pack Film MP Sessions - Drivers, Drifters and Semi Drifters needed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seria17hri11er, Aug 5, 2016.

1. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

try to not pass doors of car infront with your fender*"corner"*! and always left foot on brake! :) hope it helps! hope u understand! my eng. sucks most of time! :p

Edit: PM me if u need replays if they can help!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

For all your drift requirements I'm going to have to nominate my main man @Hooniganz99 :D

Seria17hri11er and Hooniganz99 like this.
  3. Hooniganz99

Hooniganz99 Gamer

I see i have been summoned here by my friend LTD. What's the deal? I'm always down to help.

Seria17hri11er and LetsTestDrive like this.
  4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I basically dick at drifting on demand. I'll try my best, but expect a lot of takes. I'll be all right on the driving parts though. :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Can't join the server, it claims I have unavailable content. I've downloaded and installed the mods in the list on Reddit...

Edit: Never mind, i'm an idiot.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I've had my fill of trying to create an account at Reddit now. I can't get past the Captcha, it just keeps freezing up and then 5 mins later asks me if I want to try again. The "Submit problem" button does nothing as does the button to select an audio challenge or the help button. You guys have fun... I won't be taking part.

Ciao

7. Sorry you had all that trouble man.

8. Nihon-jin desuka?

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

im happy with the Sileighty Nao (or pretty much anything really.) you got there first, thanks though.

10. Nao

Nao Alien

Masaka... baka-gaijin desumono. Just some idiot who watched too much anime (and studied japanese for 2-3 years)

+some thought's from the test session: less grippy track would be great*, disable penalties, maybe increase grip on modena's grass. It's really easy - just increase the grip value on line 3 of surfaces.ini from 0.1 to 0.95 or something. (server has to do it too)

* i'd go hard on that, like 86% is still grip city in AE86 haha.

11. Hahahahah. Copy that. Oku-san wa nihon-jin desu. Nihon-go skoshi hanasemas. Honto skoshi.

Spent 5 years in Japan. I only just recently started watching anime. You want some real good stuff to watch?

AKIRA KUROSAWA / TOSHIRO MIFUNE

Absolutely. Tag @NightEye, your it! That grass really tripped me out. "It's like feckin ice!"

NightEye, we'll use Old track for Modena sessions.

Nao likes this.
  12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I'm at the point where I can sometimes drift a corner and make it look good in the stock Supra. Connecting corners is still way beyond me even if I get lucky occasionally. Drifting the stock cars is pretty hard, it seems. I'll keep at it, though. I'll make it up in the other segments.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I was attempting to practice drifting today. I guess a few of the attempts came out okay...but a terrible side effect - once I got fed up and wanted to go back to hotlapping I found myself doing the Scandinavian Flick, sort of, around so many corners. I was getting so mad at myself...It's like my arms were possessed. :confused:

14. Nao

Nao Alien

@Atle Dreier Stock supra does pretty well on Modena, i find it pretty easy to drift... try something like this:
    Alignment tab, everything max left except for rear toe which goes max right - the idea for max rear toe-out is that the car starts transitions earlier givng more time to react calmly, also allows entering drifts up to high angle without throttle (just calmly trailbrake it in).
    Tyres tab: Streets 32psi front (stock) 22psi rear - drop the rear more when you start doing longer drifting, the idea is to have as high pressure possible without ever allowing it to exceed 40psi!)

Also try drifting in steps, first countersteer then throttle, never together, think 250F! Floor it only when the car fully stabilities. No throttle during transitions if the boost is up (jab the pedal if you want to speed it up but don't let the boost buildup on you before car is settled with cangle you want) and never rush it to high angles, try making it flow just like with the Maseratis.

edit: ps: also start with tyre blankets and give the car a lap of mild sliding to heat up the rears more then attack.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  15. I'm doing the exact opposite with the street cars. Rear toe all the way in. I don't need any help to start the drift. I need the rear to not "walk past the line". Almost all of them, once you go past a certain Yaw angle, there is not enough lock to prevent it from spinning. With Rear toe at standard or low values (near center), I find them very willing to snap right over the max Yaw angle and spin. This way, you really have to make use of handbrake or Scandinavian flick to start and plenty of throttle to maintain.

Then front toe all the way out as there isn't enough lock, this gives just a bit more authority at max lock.

Cambers I take up on both, standard camber or lower is too slippery. Front up a few clicks less so it has more grip than rear.

16. I'm about to go run the Supra and Supra Drift to find out what is easier. I will also adjust the setup. I will have a setup file for you soon enough.

Hahahah. That happens. :D Sorry :)

17. Nao

Nao Alien

"I'm doing the exact opposite with the street cars. Rear toe all the way in." Yep thats exactly why i recommended trying toe-out as it goes against the intuition. Toe does not do that much to general balance but it heavily influences the how the driver uses the car. So it's not really a car setup but "driver setup" - a looser car will require more attention to it's yaw and in a way force the driver to control it more actively... Gripwise the difference is minuscule, especially on a car that can overpower both wheels when sliding - heck with a short test with supra it felt like toe-out even had a tiny bit more grip just before slipping away at full throttle*.

*-probably because it puts less strain on the outside and more on the inside wheel, which smooths out the slip-away moment (one wheel first then the other, while max toe-in will have both go away at the same time) - so not more grip but more controllable.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  18. Inteerrresting. I have definitely tried neutral toe and toe out in the past (with E30, 180 etc) and had a terrible time with it. But I did not spend a whole lot of time trying to tune the car in general either.

I just spent an hour and half--that's a very long time for me, because I usually can't get that kind of time due to kids etc.--with the Supra D. at Modena. I completely changed it.

Streets
    Fuel down a few liters

Front Toe max out
    Rear Toe max in

R ARB moved from 1 to 0

F Camber + approximately 4-5 clicks
    R Camber + approximately 5-6 clicks

R Bump moved from 0 to 8
    R Rebound moved from 6 to 1

Diff power default at 52
    Diff coast moved from 52 to 90

Video uploading.

I am confident with a few more tweaks I can get it a little better. The load transfer from rear to front is a bit too abrupt.

Attached Files:

19. Check Reddit friend.

20. So this simmered in my head for a bit. I didn't change Rear toe to gain more grip, or because there wasn't enough grip on the rear. I brought rear camber up to gain more grip. Rear toe is all about the grip vector.

Max Toe Out= Assisting the momentum of the rear end. Grip vector is outboard of car center.

Neutral= Neither assisting or resisting. Grip vector is inline with chassis.

Max Toe In= Resisting the momentum of the rear end. Grip vector is towards car center.

So I like the car having the tendency to resist the rear end momentum when off throttle. Obviously when on max throttle, grip is greatly reduced, so the rear grip vector barely does anything.

Nao likes this.