1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah yeah...calculator, been there done that, multiple FOV's, even replays....dude, the corners turn the same way but to me their totally different.
    Did they both use the same grade of scan?
    edit: Will have ago soon, but I'm sure what I see in the onboard videos will be what I see when I try it. Can only wait n see.

2. Yeah, should be. IMO tho, and that's the case for other tracks as well, iRacing's suspension model is superior which makes the track feel better. It feels more "on edge" (probably the tyre model too).

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

The healthy competition is only a win win for the sim racer....good times!:)

4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

FOVs in the videos are obviously different, more in AC, less in iRacing. I've tested both, tested different FOVs...they are the same track, only difference is scope of laserscan and type of track detail.

"Did they use the same grade of scan?" I'm too busy modding, racing, and helping teams get their liveries ported to care.

5. esox71

esox71 Alien

FOV must effect the static tv cams too, And your answer to the question obviously translates into...You don't know!

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  6. @esox71, completely unrelated, but your avatar keeps reminding my of this guy for some reasons:
    [​IMG]

HeadBeng0r, F430_458_F12 and esox71 like this.
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Maybe showing my age, It's the screaming hand from Santa Cruz Skateboards(old skool skater)

8. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Somewhere around this time :cool:

[​IMG]
    And Vision streetwear :D

I'm (we are) getting old indeed :rolleyes:

9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ahh.....Now we're talking!;)

GTHQ_koop likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

I don't know but maybe some care more about to simulate the races taking place there then just the track (?).

In that case RFactor2 is the clear winner I think.
    Grids up to 60 or 80 cars.
    Multiclass support.
    Pitstops.
    Dynamic track surface.
    Rain.
    Night.
    And other things.

For me personally all those sims are a letdown thinking of a 24/VLN-race cause they are unable or unwilling to create something you could describe as atmosphere anyway. Like some matchbox-cars thrown into a artificial landscape. I feel constantly reminded of playing just a game (with bad graphics in most cases). But for others that seems to be a sign of quality for a sim. But I was never that into racing in MP, maybt that is why I care.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

the big complaint i saw on iracing earlier (aside from the grafitti ppl) was the carousel hany mentioned. i dont get why this is smooth in AC & iR, it seems it wasnt scanned or was too bumpy (??). saw a vid on YT of sabine going around it in the porsche gt3rs & she was literally holding her tits bc it shakes so much.

12. LOL

nate likes this.
  13. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

That's the best thing I've read all day. (Granted it's only 3am.)

nate and yusupov like this.
  14. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

So last night I had my first long look at the iR version. After about 5 minutes it didn't feel much different to the AC Version, it just felt like the Nurburgring I've been driving ever since GT4 came out. All the corners turn in the right direction and areas that require my attention are there (Flugplatz, Fuchsrohre, jump at entry to pflanzgarten etc). One thing that seemed to be slightly different was it's tighter at wippermann and more open towards the end at pflanzgarten, this section seemed to 'flow' different. I've always loved this part of the track and put myself in many, many winning positions by being faster at these corners than some people but it caught me off guard last night a couple of times. Both games offer a tourist mode which is great, perhaps iRacing edges it with the layout configuration count (12 seperate layouts), but this is something Kunos could implement in a short time.

If we are comparing these 2 versions than ultimately it comes down to this; They are both very well made and as realistic as we can hope for at this time but I will drive and attack them differently. I could see last night that I was being more cautions in some areas of the iR version because if I crashed, I totalled my car. In a race that would be bad, I'd lose a ton of SR as well as important championship points. Whereas on the AC version it would only damage my car slightly in most cases and I would be able to keep going in all likelihood. I had everything to lose in iRacing so was being more cautious but not much to lose in AC so I could be more brave.

This dynamic means even though the versions are of equal quality and very very similar in feel, the way I drive and attack the corners and carry speed through the turns will depend on which version I'm on, and that makes them 2 different beasts to enjoy.

15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

the mesh of karrusel in the ac version (so probably iracing too) is completely different to the rest of the track. the rest of the track is all random triangles but that section looks like it was made in 3d modelling software (i.e. no randomness). my guess is the data was either unusable or their algorithms for reducing the raw data to the mesh for the game couldnt cope with the bizarre nature of that section. mini karrusel is fine.

yusupov likes this.
  16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i also noticed that about wipperman (think ive got the right corner).. weird that its not just me.

i havent been driving the iR nord any more cautiously (probably the opposite) but so far find i need to, at least w/ baseline setups, bc there seems to be a higher chance of the car becoming unsettled at certain places. other than wipperman another place i note is that drop before pflanzgarten, galopnikof -- not really a factor in AC; in pCARS it will crash you out if you take it flat which i assumed was just wrong; in iR it did it to me early (i think in the 2015 F1 car though) & i tiptoe around it since.

17. yusupov

yusupov Alien

thx, figured it was something like that. iracing seeming did the same for the sopraelevata which is smooth as glass compared to the rest of monza, i hope kunos does something more creative.

ears1991 likes this.
  18. norbs

norbs Alien

Ha, I got it sent to me today.

Looks hellishly bumpy.

yusupov likes this.
  19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

For first visual impression and comparison I throw these of the upcoming third contender into the ring (source: RaceDepartment):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    St3fan, V8_KB, yusupov and 2 others like this.
  20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

@Skybird hmm considering Spa, Zandvoort and Nurburgring, that just might be the best looking one .. if they don`t messed up something

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015