1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 content a little light

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by StephenJHayes83, Dec 31, 2016.

1. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

Sim here, sim there, sim everywhere! The best simulator of all still is Goat Simulator! Try that with a motion rig. It´s INSANE!!!

[​IMG]

By the way. This is the most civilized nonsensical derailed discussion thread I have yet to witness on these forums. Well done lads, well done! :D:confused:

MBK72, Dookie, Horus and 6 others like this.
  2. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Word is, this man tried a full-motion, 6-axis Goat Simulator prototype. Let this serve as a warning to us all: be careful what you wish for.

[​IMG]

3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I find the jokes above amusing and just want to say @River Ruckus is dead right; it's hard to believe such nonsense could have gone so far as this. This was a huge detour from what the real purpose of a forum like this is: helping each other instead of wasting each other's time. As to myself, I'm truly ashamed for having contributed to a pointless discussion and want to apologise. :(

paul_wev, River Ruckus and ppbucko like this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Console and pc players in a topical debate about is it a sim or not. Not 1 argument has broken out its been quite entertaining. Lol

MBK72, paul_wev, nate and 2 others like this.
  5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Scientists simulate all kinds of things on computer, tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, space etc, many of which with no visual aspect. If their earthquake they simulated doesn't have buildings collapsing and people dieing and being left homeless, or their tsunami simulation doesn't simulate sewage deposits and disease does that mean its not a sim?

liakjim, Snowman38, JIJDAN and 5 others like this.
  6. and thank you good sir! At last, some sign of intelligent life on the internet!

7. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I'm reading rather good book at the moment called "Surface Detail" by Iain M Banks.

Set in the distant future computers have got to such power that there is no way to tell if a simulation is a simulation.

One of the uses of these "real" simulations is to create virtual Hells that civilisations can use to keep their subjects in good order while they are alive. If you don't meet the rules when you die your "self" is captured and then injected into one of the simulations for everlasting damnation.

It is a good read and highly recommended but it does lead to the question that if you can not tell if you are in a simulation does it mean that it is not a simulation buy rather reality?

MBK72 and paul_wev like this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

I raise, Alan Watts 'The Nature of Man'. :)

Astral_Magi and paul_wev like this.
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm just thinking if someone new looks on forum, op content a little light, then goes to last pages. There going to think wtf lol

10. content light? Kunos just confirmed tornados, earthquakes and tsunamis, Yahoo!!!

pippo10 and bradleyland like this.
  11. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I'm thinking that a Goat Simulator / Assetto Corsa collaboration must be on the horizon.

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Wow, no one before has acknowledged that i have life in me let alone intelligent life lol.

13. UnBEARable

UnBEARable Rookie

But good sire, you might as well have spared yourself the trouble of coming to this bubbling cauldron of invertebrate amoebae just to come up with a commonplace assumption. You've risked contagion for no big deal and, besides, also risked coming across as an arrogant; which I hope you aren't.

By the way, thanks for AC. This is a great SIM, even on consoles! An entirely new experience.

14. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

You just described "The Matrix" :cool:
    Come to think of it. It is kind of the ultimate all senses simulation. Including mods.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You must be new here...
    Stefano's inputs to the community are somewhat special, I take that over any other, false, replay. This is a specialty with AC. And I love it.

Horus, UntrainedN00B01 and Jebus like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It's even better, quantum physicists recently discovered something that strangely resembles computer code... :);)

Astral_Magi likes this.
  17. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Let's hope Microsoft didn't write it or we are all doomed.

Astral_Magi, Horus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, gravity works, so no Jobs/Gates involvement here.:D
    And as a matter of fact, these are all simulated avatars.
    A simulation trying to simulate the whole simulation... Fascinating...
    :D;):)

19. Horus

Horus Alien

And as a 'MATTER' of fact? Keep your Bosons out of here, you hear me!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

I have played all Gran Turismo games and i have always had Playstation from 1 to 4 and Gran Turismo was the only racing simulator game for Playstation for so many years and i always enjoyed Gran Turismo, but with first Project Cars and now Assetto Corsa on Playstation, it was a eye opner to say at least and my interests for the GT games will never be the same again, so i'm happy Assetto Corsa isn't Gran Turismo, i don't need 1200-1500 cars, half of them is Nissan's or Mazda's in different forms and fantasy cars (Vision GT) many of the cars is from GT4 or earlier and have no interior and cars with newer graphics and interior is called premium, in Assetto Corsa all cars is premium and the sound and the physics is top notch, i choose quality over quantity :).

But i hope Kunos will expand the career mode in Assetto Corsa at some point since i'm a singleplayer, but it will help with the upcoming custom championship.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    pippo10, Horus and Ace Pumpkin like this.