1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cycle Turbo bug. Can't use 100% boost.

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Vigliano, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

Basically, for whatever reason, it's impossible to use full power, 100% boost, on cars that have variable boost. Dunno which cars exactly have this but of the two cars I've used that have it, you cannot cycle the turbo to 100%.

The cars I've used with it so far are the RUF Yellowbird and the Lotus 98T F1 car.

When you cycle through the boost it gets to 90% and the goes straight back to 10%, and repeat. So it's impossible to get 100% boost and full power with the cars.

This desperately needs fixing. Needless to say that not being able to get full power from a car is a big problem.

Are you guys aware of this problem? Really needs fixing please.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Has the cycle turbo bug been fixed yet? Jan 11, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Cycle turbo only goes to 90%? Aug 27, 2016
    Suggestions Cycle through Turbo settings Jul 17, 2016
    ACC User Interface cycle-wiper-button triggers cycle-HUD Nov 8, 2020
    ACC Physics Does ACC simulate Heat Cycles? Oct 27, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.3.7] Cycle HUD Up/Down Mar 8, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.3] Cycle MFD (Next & Previous) (**Added 1.3.10**) Feb 9, 2020
    ACC User Interface Camera cycle views Dec 2, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please change cycle cam Nov 18, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari Secondary Display cycle button does nothing? Oct 30, 2019
    ACC User Interface Cycle MFD Button getting captured at Electronics Page" Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Cycle HUD MFD not working [1.0.7 beta] Aug 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Cycle HUD MFD not working since v1.0.6 Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Engine cut out when cycle HUD is used. Jul 12, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren's screen doesn't load unless you cycle trough the different views Jun 8, 2019

3. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm not able to reproduce it. Mine goes from 0 to 100% and there it stops. :confused:

4. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

Hmmmm. So it doesn't continue past 100% back to 10%? For me it cycles from 10% to 90% then back to 10%. All I'm doing is pressing L1 to cycle it so it shouldn't be hard to reproduce. Doesn't matter what game mode I'm in. I'll post a quick video if you want.

5. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry, my fault... wrong forum.

Quite surely the next update on console is going to fix that, cause on PC it's already working correctly.

6. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

Oh, OK then, fair enough. Cheers. Glad it's not just me. Had me worried there.

Stevie777 likes this.
  7. MGR

MGR Rookie

Same for me as well.

Also, in my opinion the first press should display the current boost setting. Subsequent presses (within a certain time limit) should then proceed to alter the boost setting.

8. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

The latest update hasn't fixed it... :eek::(

9. I drive the Yellowbird on 100% boost all the time. You have to be careful when turning the boost up because if you go past 100 to 0, then you can only get back to 90%.

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

TX Executioner likes this.
  11. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

Yeah I've noticed that. The trouble is though that you can never hit 100% with the Lotus 98T or Sauber C9.

12. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Maybe I have not progressed far enough, but none if the cars I have driven have let me adjust boost with L1. Is it only certain cars? And, if so, when can you adjust it? Only in the pits, it as you drive?

13. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

You can only do it on certain cars. The Mercedes-Benz C9 Lotus 98T and RUF Yellowbird as far as I remember are currently the only ones.

The Supra IV Time Attack in the Japanese Pack strikes me as a car you can do it with but I am just guessing on that.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lambo Gallardo SL Step 3 version has also adjustable turbo. It's tuned with 1000+ hp IIRC.. (and braking distance of few kilometers). And yeah Supra IV Time Attack.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

and bmw 1m s3

16. Vigliano

Vigliano Rookie

Thanks, but I'll give that a miss tbh. The usual generic publisher response from 505 games saying they're sorry I'm experiencing problems with the game and that they'll pass it on to the team will be completely worthless, considering the devs know about this problem and one of has already posted in this topic...

But yeah, sooner this problem is fixed the better. I won't be buying the dlc until it is, I don't really want to pay for dlc and still have this issue on the Supra dlc car.

L2D Godzilla likes this.