1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Different 'physics' on different tracks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Boris Lozac, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Fahim

Fahim Racer

On a program like x-sim you can see the real in game values of the cars change as your driving. And developer is right. No hand of god here. The values of the car change the same proportional way whether on Silverstone or any other track. No magic glue, potion or anything.

@totalo. If you did some modding on track you'd realize how consistent the process is. One physic engine. Same track building engine but different shapes and sizes. Combine the car with the track and that's it.

Have zero fear. This is THE simulator.

2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think that too, although I've never played GT so can't compare to it. Other than Silverstone and Imola (not so much), the tracks seem quite lifeless through ffb.
    I've just updated my card driver and it's made a slight difference but will have to test more to be sure.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Boris Lozac likes this.
  3. Tracks have different grip, thats all.

shrapnel1977 likes this.
  4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The "swinging" sequence of turns at Vallelunga invites to drive faster than is recommendable. And not all cars can take the same turns at same gear. So I think it is about driving style.

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

In racing sims there are two driving physics models usually, one for low speeds and one for over that speed. In AC they have still not implemented the low speed physics model. That is why the cars have no body movement (body roll) when you stop, that is why the cars respond so strange if you slowly start driving from stopped. Once they add that model in then AC will feel more fluent and more realistic.

6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

As for why that's necessary... Well, you can see ingame if you pop open the slip angle/slip ratio readouts that when you're stopped, they jump around randomly.

In both cases, you're comparing the vector of vehicle motion to the direction the tire's contact patch is going. So slip ratio = tirespeed/carspeed, eg. if wheel's turning at 110km/h and car's moving at 100km/h it's 1.1.

As speeds go to 0, this is numerically a problem. 0/0 is undefined - 1/0 is worse, it's +infinite. And it's not hard to have the tires going over 1km/h while the car's pretty near stopped in real life. Take burnouts for example... So you have to use a different method to determine the amount of force each tire is applying (and the direction). At a few km/h car speed, you can safely switch over.

So why are slip angle + slip ratio used if they have numeric problems near 0 speed? Well, cause they do a good job of explaining how tires develop grip IRL. No matter what (non-zero) speed you're going it seems to work correctly for determining the amount of grip. It's just got this low-speed hole.

o0thx11380o and WallyM like this.
  7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Exactly, this can be quite a game-breaker for me.. I honestly hope it's some placebo effect, or that the track surfaces on those tracks will get more 'rough'.

8. Fahim

Fahim Racer