1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. PakoausMS

PakoausMS Rookie

Hey guys, I have a question. Im driving the new EVO Ferrari in races over 2 Hours.
    How can I use the different ECU maps? what is my advantage not using the Map 1?
    Why should I consider to use a „slower“ mapping?
    Maybe some of u already experienced with different Mappings in a race ...
    Every info would be nice to me, because I am a complete newbie with ECU Mappings. thanks in advance !

2. xefke

xefke Gamer

Well, for one, often there are mappings for rain. These are less aggressive and therefore more useful for wet driving.

Or if you have a damp but drying track and you want to already go for slicks, you might not want to have the most aggressive map either. Once the track dries up completely and your tires are heated up, you can go on the aggressive map again.

There might also be a need for a less aggressive map in case of double or triple stinting your tires, as the tires give way, you might benefit from a less aggressive map.

Lastly there is fuel saving. If you can use a map that uses less fuel but does not let you lose much lap time, you might be able to finish a race with less pitstops and thus have a better finishing position than your opponent.

These example are most of the time only valid in endurance racing, but this is what the cars are made for, so therefore they have the possibility.

for 1-2 hour races I would suggest leaving it at the fastest map.

3. Bastien Puget

Bastien Puget Rookie

Hello.
    Are you the Alpine ECU settings ?

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

There's only 1 ECU map setting for the Alpine.

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  5. Bastien Puget

Bastien Puget Rookie

*OK Thank you :) it's more simply

6. MDN8_Spec_GT

MDN8_Spec_GT Rookie

Thanks to all for posting these ECU maps - making my life a lot easier.

7. Bignod00

Bignod00 Rookie

Another thanks from this callsign, I had zero idea there was this much difference in the ECU maps.

8. ColonelAgile

ColonelAgile Rookie

Hello,

has anyone worked out what the maps are for the new M4 GT3 ? Since it has 9 maps instead of 8 for ye olde M6, I guess they are not the same !
    Thank you !

9. marcytechnica

marcytechnica Rookie

I found this here:
    ECU Maps - ACC Wiki (Unofficial) (acc-wiki.info)
    https://www.acc-wiki.info/wiki/ECU_Maps#BMW_M4_GT3_.282022.29
    BMW M4 GT3 (2022)
    Level Description
    Dry Maps

1 Highest power output, with very high fuel consumption. Very aggressive throttle map.
    2 Normal fuel consumption and power. Linear throttle map.
    3 Normal fuel consumption and power. Progressive throttle map.
    Special Maps
    4 Reserve engineers' map. Very low power. Should not be used in race situations and is included for accuracy only.
    Economy Map
    5 Low power and fuel consumption. Intended for pace car situations.
    Wet Maps
    6 High power output and high fuel consumption. Gradual wet throttle map.
    7 Normal fuel consumption and power. Progressive wet throttle map.
    8 Normal fuel consumption and power. Progressive wet throttle map.
    Extra Map
    9 Not known at this time. Appears similar to map 8.

ColonelAgile, BenZ_67 and Mitja Bonca like this.
  10. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

To attempt to quantify the above descriptions, here are some tests I ran (in ACC Results Companion)

upload_2021-11-27_9-26-4.png

Take Rel. Power with a pinch of salt. I don't know how maps affect powers curves etc, so the relative power is just a blend of peak sustained acceleration and max speed (on Paul Ricard). It is dependent on me driving consistently, so there will be statistical errors

As a side note, I see there is a minor bug with the HUD in ACC - the map only goes to 8... (so you will see "MAP : 9/8" if selecting map 9)

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

There are only 8 positions available:
    upload_2021-12-3_11-24-42.png

ColonelAgile likes this.
  12. Kiardon

Kiardon Rookie

ColonelAgile and Mitja Bonca like this.
  13. Kronk77

Kronk77 Rookie

Hey guys, I'm having a weird bug with engine maps. I'm not sure how many tracks or cars are affected, but my attempts to fuel save in the Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo at Spa don't work, because none of the engine maps do anything to the fuel per lap. Not even Map 8, the formation lap map. Has anyone else had this issue?

14. Doug Duthie

I ran some ECU tests a while ago. The caveat here is it was on an older version of ACC and on Paul Ricard

upload_2021-12-21_7-10-16.png
    What fuel consumption are you seeing and is there a difference between top speeds at the end of the Kemmel Straight?

Attached Files:

15. Kronk77

Kronk77 Rookie

I was using about 4.18L per lap regardless of which map I was on, and the top speed was around 162mph on every map I tried.

16. John g

John g Simracer

Hi all, i have made a 1-pager quick reference guide for ECU maps.

I used the info on first post in this thread, and converted very literally / logically to symbols instead of words, hopefully it makes sense.

Figured may as well share in case anyone else finds it useful.

If anyone finds any mistakes with the sheet or my interpretation please let me know, i haven't tested or verified anything

Attached Files:

ColonelAgile and Dewald Nel like this.
  17. Doug Duthie

This does sound like an issue - I'm away from my rig for a few days so won't be able to see if I get the same

Anyone at Kunos can confirm if this is an issue?

18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I ran a couple of laps on Spa in the Audi EVO GT3 and I'm sorry to say: I'm too inconsistent driving the same laps everytime.

I used ACC Race Companion to capture all laps, then exported it as csv into a spreadsheet:
    upload_2021-12-21_21-35-58.png

There are some differences, but I couldn't say they are significant.
    Interesting though was, that I managed to get the highest top speed with ECU Mode 8 :D

19. Kronk77

Kronk77 Rookie

Yeah there should be a drastic difference in performance with Engine Map 8. I did some testing on Suzuka yesterday and also found the same results. I think the engine maps for fuel saving are just broken on the Audi

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. Doug Duthie

I've just gone back to Paul Ricard where I ran the original tests.

This is what I used to see
    upload_2021-12-26_8-29-47.png

Now map 8 has exactly the same fuel consumption and top speed as map 1, so you are correct....something has changed

After_Midnight likes this.