1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Enjoying a Sim shouldn't be that much work:-(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by smokeybandit27, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Hi Kunis and Team

I purchased AC with the intent of doing off season drifting practice with the belief (true or otherwise) that it is the best driving simulator out there after looking at the reviews of others and the claims of your sim. After about 2 weeks of testing, researching for solutions, I am left frustrated and floundering.

In short, I think I should be spending more time driving than setting things up to feel real. That should be the basic premise and delivery[​IMG] of a sim...realism...out of the box as a default. Having the ability to tweak things from there to individual "tastes" is great but the default or base should be "reality".

I drift in real life and have owned and drive a number of performance cars both as leisure and competitively So I think I have a modicum of experience. My current rig includes a G25/27 and and i7 with 12GB ram and an Nvidia 750 card. I have searched high and low for answers (settings for wheel and driver profiles, etc) and feel I am getting no where fast when I should be going fast somewhere on AC's finest tracks. Please[​IMG] help!!!! :-(

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room The Genius (Casillo) working or enjoying his hard earned money? Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Not enjoying ACC in VR Oct 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Enjoying 1.3 + dp2 very much: quick questions Oct 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I am enjoying the career Oct 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Kudos simulazioni Friday at 12:49 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB from Simagic Alpha Mini Aug 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023

3. vektro

vektro Racer

o_O

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Joao Alves and smokeybandit27 like this.
  4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

you click one button to get full realism...for ex i notice you have stability control at 50%?? dont you think that might be a problem esp if youre focusing on drifiting???

marlo0081 and smokeybandit27 like this.
  5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

wait for 1.0 before complaining.. its beta

6. Horus

Horus Alien

You have a few setting problems there Bandit. I am not a fan of the drifting but I expect the settings to be very much different than that you are using. 100 gain! 60-70 should be enough without diluting the FFB to a continuous rumble. As said above, this is an EARLY ACCESS, so if you do not want, or need, to help make it better for others, then it would be best to wait till v1.0 is released (not rude just being honest).

Good luck getting those tyres a smoking! :)

7. 1. Turn off traction control o_O

2. Turn the ingame ffb gain down

3. How about before complaining about the sim, try the *Kunos* recommended settings for your wheel

4. If all else fails, get a better wheel.....

5. If I can drift, you should DEFINITELY be able to.

Edit:

6. It took me ~6 minutes to get AC set up perfectly.......

8. Reason I did that (50% on traction control) was a YT video released by (I cant remember who exactly) an AC user, who I assume has more experience with sim racing and drifts well in the game. and in it, he recommended to start at 50 -100 % when learning to drift in the game. So you see, I am not assuming I know how to drift in this game and am earnestly trying to find solutions.

9. I know exactly what video you're talking about, and I'm 90% sure he said stability control. Trying to drift with TC will get you no where.

10. Tks...I appreciate the effort in responding. And yes I did try Kunos' recommended settings. It was the first one I tried and also other settings after and then back to Kunos'. I will try your suggestions and report back if it improves my experience.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  11. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I dunno man, I have a g27 and love the drifting in-game.
    It did take me a week of tweaking before I got settings I liked though.

Digital Aura and smokeybandit27 like this.
  12. I'm sorry my error ...yes it is Stability control. let me change that in my sig.

Wrongfire and mclarenf1papa like this.
  13. Yeah, I have a Fanatec CSR with a worn out motor in it, and I can drift too....:)

14. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Drifting is super easy in AC:), you must be doing something wrong

TCLF and smokeybandit27 like this.
  15. NICE!!! Clearly its something I am not doing right then. I hope some of you understand that I am not flaming the game for the sake of it and it is also not for lack of effort in trying to find a solution first before posting this. Perhaps mine is an isolated experience and if so then please help me out. I want AC to work out for me as much as it does for many of you but it isnt. If AC is to be as successful as I wish it will, then it has to be able to address my issues too as I suspect there will be others who might be disappointed and not raise the issue at all.

16. Want to offer a solution instead of the obvious :p

17. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Not only this, but your wheel settings are way messed up. Damping at 100? Gain cranked to 100? That's going to feel terrible.

Check this video out, it should explain everything about force feedback level and clipping. AC's ffb meter is the far left bar in the Pedals app.

You honestly don't need a lot, simply tune it to where your ffb bar never goes red. Set it to 100% in the Logitech profiler by all means, as that's literally the setting of the wheel itself, but in AC you shouldn't need more than 50%. My Thrustmaster T500 is running at 45%.

My settings are as follows -

Gain: 45%
    Filter: 0%
    Damping: 0%

Kerb, Road, Slip effects: all 0%

Gamma: 1.00 (slider all the way down)
    Filter: 0.00
    Speed Sensitivity: 0.00

Absolutely no fakery, no fudging, just pure, actual steering force as you'd have it in a real car.

As a side note, be prepared for differences between how your G27 reacts and how a real wheel does. When countersteering, a real wheel will spin up extremely quickly, this can be seen from any Formula D onboard. The G27 lacks that spin speed, however, so to countersteer at the correct rate you have to "throw" it a bit. You'd only get real spin speed in a T500 or upwards, so if you're serious about legit drift practice then that wheel may be worth a look. I drifted with a Driving Force Pro, a wheel that I had to "throw". When I changed to the T500, which had real spin speed, I pretty much failed hard and had to practice a lot to get back up to speed.

[​IMG]

Phil64 and smokeybandit27 like this.
  18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

My settings - 107%/0/0/0 in profiler
    60% ffb gain in AC

smokeybandit27 likes this.

19. Nope, not trolling. I am using a template for that and haven't edited it to a setting that I am comfortable with that's all. Am still new to all this PC and Sim racing thing so please forgive me

20. EthanDean...thank you so much for the most constructive response thus far. Am really a noob at this. Also I take special note about the T500. If all else fails I will seriously consider upgrading my wheel. Love that spin speed in your vid!!! What about the stuff about spring settings and Logitech profiler global vs game specific settings? Do you have any comments/suggestions about that? Also which driver profile settings should I use?

21. Thanks Kristaps...will give it a shot and report my final settings . thumbs up!