1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am enjoying the career

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

i am finding it to be well designed, well executed and it does not feel over-restrictive. Above all, I would not have driven many of these cars if I hadn't started a career. Some of the "entry level" cars are great; somewhat to my surprise I am enjoying the BMWs at Nurburgring. I do not like the modern 3-Series at all but the M1 (or is it 1M?) is a blast, it's so throwable and can be made to get pretty sideways to good effect. A very revvy car. I did not realise that these characteristics could be found in BMW small sedans and I wouldn't have found out were it not for Career.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room The Genius (Casillo) working or enjoying his hard earned money? Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Not enjoying ACC in VR Oct 10, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Enjoying 1.3 + dp2 very much: quick questions Oct 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Enjoying a Sim shouldn't be that much work:-( Mar 23, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No points in career mode Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze when click continue after the first career race Mar 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yep, as all cars and tracks are already unlocked, the career is there to enjoy different experiences than you'd normally do. Looking forward final career release the way Aris described in a previous post. It will also open even more possibilities for modders.

4. ^ As am I. (looking forward to and enjoying atm.)
    What I dont understand is the race lap limit set to 10 on the career mods.
    Is that just something mod makers have decided on and can be increased if one wants to, or is the max laps set to 10 by Kunos for some odd reason?

5. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

I think ai races are maxed at 10 laps because the AI pit stops are not implemented yet.

6. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The M3 was able to be thrown around a lot more before the RC. Not sure why they made it so tame. It wasn't as crazy as the 1M, but you can barely throw it around at all now. Same goes for the street Z4.

10 laps is the limit in offline quick races if you have fuel consumption on. If you turn it off you can do up to 30 laps. This is basically due to no pit stops and the fact that a lot of people wouldn't want to do more than 10 laps at a time.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Have the tyres changed?

8. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

Are you sure you disabled TC ? ;) Cuz your reaction looks like mine when i tried the 458 in the 1.0 RC. I was like "why the hell can't I throw this sideways???" and then I saw that FACTORY setup comes with TC on... Took it off and big grin came on my face :p

9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Why is it that people dismiss cars in this game because they are not HP and downforce monsters? OP is not the first person to mention they would not have driven certain cars was it not for career mode. Basically people are missing out on a ton of fun jut because GT3 and open wheelers. What a shame.

Also have not driven E92 since RC but the Z4 can throw a tail around like there is no tomorrow. Not sure what you expect from a street car, it is supposed to understeer on factory settings so rich people with no driving skill have less a chance to kill themselves. Thats why Kunos was nice enough to include a drift oriented tune for it.

10. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I'm enjoying it too as strummer says it's giving the chance to drive cars you would normally(lotus) also race combos. .
    I just got the fanatec shifter and it's also helping me learn stick shift in a sim for the first time :)

11. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

To each their own.

For example - I will never touch a drift mission. Zero interest.

People like different things. :)

But yes, good campaign and some nice car/track choices I wouldn't have picked myself (loved the E30 on dusty Mag).
    Look forward to more, and many curious community mod choices. ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Sguby likes this.
  12. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

GT3's are generally cancer in my book for that exact reason. People just stick to them because they seem to be easiest to drive, it's pretty hard finding someone to race with these days if you're not into GT3's.

13. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

Indeed. It's very disheartening, particularly if like me, the Lotus 49 is your favorite car.

Auranapse, The Moose and Mogster like this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

I like the streetcars and some slower racingcars, but slow cars on wide circuits are kinda boring, even the GT's feel kinda unexciting on a track like silverstone (Nords is a complete different animal). After 5 minutes on Silverstone with a car like the E92 I quit and prefer to play GT's on Spa or even better get my Mountainbike and drive down a hill.
    But I really dig them on tracks like Joux Plane and Trento, so Rallye-, Hillclimb and civil road-tracks. I seem to be not the only one, I assume. :confused:

Part of the problem are the chosen cars. Some company for the E30 Group A/DTM like the Merc Evo 2, WTCC, classic TC and GT's, generally mixed fields would probably change it. I and many other it seems, prefer mixed fields or even complete real championships.

Edit: Maybe Kunos should make liverys for the street cars and present them in the career as a race-series.

I love to make races with the 458 S3, while I downloaded many custom skins for it.
    Totally different thing. :)

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Www.simracing.org.uk run a random weekly race on a wednesday, we raced the l49 a month or two back. Yesterday was z4 and elise sc.

Might be worth having a look as they really mix it up from week to week.

16. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

BMW M3 E30 is a real blast on spa if you get a full lobby, best street car on AC for me...

bondyboy likes this.
  17. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Well, I enjoy driving very fast racing two-seaters that go exactly where you point them but even these high-downforce cars have a limit and the little RWD street cars like the 1M that can really teach you how to handle a car on, or close to, the limit, as there is no other way to log a really competitive lap around Nurburgring but to throw it into corners and get it a little sideways.

I tried the M3 with TC off, ABS on and found it to be a bit of a brick.

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Do you HAVE to disable TC to be able to drift or is it possible with TC on too, but more difficult?
    And how is it done in real life (with or without TC).

19. Good also for me the career, difficult as you can expect.

20. DMoMaximus

DMoMaximus Gamer

I particularly like the Lotus 49 and the GT3's, but not for the reasons posted. It doesn't have to do with grip per se as it does have to do with the unobtainable. I have been in and driven some of the street cars in AC, that being said, I can only dream of being a pro/am driver in a GT3 class let alone drive a Lotus 49 ever. AC lets me be in an immersive environment with the sounds and sights of racing cars and race weekends. Not all of us are looking for an "easy" car to drive, but I completely understand the objection if you are a street car enthusiast.

I too am very much enjoying the Career Mode and it is opening my eyes to having to change your driving style for cars that weren't particularly built for a professional race.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  21. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

I am not in a position to reply how it is done in real life as I don't know that at all.

For me it is harder to drift with TC ON and it seems logical because if I understand correctly TC's purpose is to well... prevent the car from drifting. But I just tried in the 458, and I like without TC so much more.

To me TC feels like something that tames the car if you know what I mean. Like its not so savage anymore. Go with Factory, start driving, and then press alt+t until it says TC off, u also have different TC's presets on some car. Zonda R has 10 ! experiment it by yourself and tell me what you think ;)

But I think TC's can provide faster laptime, at least when you don't master the car. Because I think if you really master it you can take more advantage of it and be closer to its real limits when its OFF :)