1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"factory" setting for stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mikuru beam, Feb 27, 2015.

1. mikuru beam

mikuru beam Racer

after driving some of the modern larger more wobbly cars on ac it struck me that these cars really benefit from stability control.

irl i rarely turn off porsche stability manegement at a racetrack and it works for me well i dont see why it should be different in ac

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Factory setting Sep 16, 2016
    Suggestions Tire warmers factory setting Dec 11, 2015
    Suggestions Factory setting for auto clutch Aug 12, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Why no factory setting for esc (stability control)? Apr 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Question about cars factory settings in ac Apr 10, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Corvette c7r no traction control or abs on factory setting? Mar 18, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Esc "factory" setting Dec 2, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Factory settings for esp/abs... Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Turning off factory ABS Oct 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Forced factory options in public multiplayer Feb 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, ABS off with factory Jan 29, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Make factory ABS / factory TC re-setable ingame Oct 29, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions where is the real stability control (factory) ?!! Sep 12, 2016
    Console Lounge Nürburgring factory Lap Times Sep 10, 2016
    Suggestions Share Factory Theme Sep 6, 2016

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But these modern (super)cars have different modes, for example race, sports, street etc.. so factory settings should be considered for what mode? I think Kunos tries to gives us the race mode car status, for example the upcoming mclaren p1 will be in constant race mode, even though the wing animation stays closed within the first 10km/h speed.
    Is traction control usually part of race mode state for street/race cars?

4. some1pl

some1pl Alien

The stability control we have in game is not something like there exist in real life. It changes the physics laws to make cars easier to drive.

Qwaribo likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But still tries to simulate the behavior of real life SC, but just like auto shifting, they made both as general assists to be used in any car old or new. So yes, currently there's no car specific stability control or auto gears, but the simulation of these assists should still be valid.

6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is the stability control in AC basically a "fake" effect to keep the car stable or is it simulating some kind of generic individual wheel braking/power control?

7. mikuru beam

mikuru beam Racer

i mean they allow you to change TC setting ingame why not stability management

i think modern stability controls vary widly iirc, some use just brakes some use tourque vectoring too

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It'd be interesting to know. Some of the cars seem to have ESP active while some don't. Maybe it's reflecting the fact that some cars can turn it off and some not.

I'd also like to know how well AC can model these onboard systems and how much detail the manufacturers provide on the functioning of what is probably proprietary software.

9. some1pl

some1pl Alien

This.

Traction Control is a more or less a generic power control. Not sure if it affect brakes. Stability Control is a fake effect.

10. This and lack of active suspension system are the most disappointing weaknesses of otherwise a wonderful car simulation software. In my opinion of course.

Sent from my LG-D802 with Tapatalk 4

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is this confirmed? Also if its the case, question is whether this fake effect tries to replicate results anything close to what RL stability control system provides.

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Confirmed? Not really, but if you have a look at the detail work kunos invested into ABS, TC, EDL and compare to the almost invisible SC you get the point.. For example, the driving aids app would show when some ESP triggers in.
    Then SC calmes every car in the same manner, while ABS & TC are very different across the cars, and feel very realistic (e.g. GT cars have a really rubbish TC due to regulations, while a E92 one is really great).

13. This is a known issue, Kunos haven't said a word about it in the physics thread that we made back in 2013. I think it's one of those "nice to have" things which they've decided not to do because of complexity.

It is rather annoying to drive some of the modern road cars without the proper stability management systems, especially cars like the La Ferrari. In AC there are different levels of traction control but no stability control associated with them, and that makes cars like the La Ferrari handle quite dislike the real thing.

14. You "can" drive LaFerrari like the real thing. Just as it is always set in race mode with all assists off. What you can't experience is LaFerrari as it's meant to be driven... I mean Ferrari didn't spend millions of dollars and tens of man-year in designing all that plethora of systems only to have customers to switch the off to really enjoy the thing... The best way to enjoy the car is going to the limiit with all systems on, in that way it does what every other car simply can't do.
    It is the main one thing I've never understood of simracers. They tend to think that there's only one way to really "feel" a car, and that way is shutting down every system no matter how advanced or complex are. I think that each car has its soul : those which have no on board systems should stay "pure", but technologically advanced ones should fully benefit from that technology otherwise all that hi-tech stuff would be just meaningless.

Sent from my LG-D802 with Tapatalk 4

15. You're right. However in the La Ferrari even race mode has some interventions from the computers.

Driving it with everything off simply isn't the fastest way to go, and you're completely right about these new cars, they are designed to have the system help the driver put down insane amount of power.

arthur666 likes this.
  16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Also simracers don't have the fear factor of crashing and dying therefore its easy to talk about driving "pure" and how good they are at it after hundreds or thousands of virtual driving hours most likely involving many fatal virtual crashes.

arthur666 likes this.
  17. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

TC in AC just doesn't allow you to wheel spin and it does it for example if you mash throttle AC's TC will just keep the throttle at 70% depending on the car and what you are doing with it.

Fear factor does not mean you will use TC or ABS, it just means you will drive a lot slower. :D

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

What do you mean it doesn't allow wheel spin? Many cars have different settings TC which will allow to do nice slides without letting you spin easily. Which car limits throttle to 70%? I have seen that only happening when using keyboard.

19. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Well it is not specific number, but it seems to be way before any wheel spin happens, at least when I forget to switch it off. :D

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is why I prefer to drive motors from the 1960s in my sims :D

kofotsjanne likes this.
  21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Stability works well at 10 or 20%, it then prevents the sometimes insane wobbles of the tail in some car, especially those cars with a massive tendency to oversteer, while not ruining any desires to drift and experiences a more lively car. I do not go back to 100% setting - but I also do not wish to drive with anything higher than 20%. It filters just the worst "spikes" of car misbehaviour out. It also makes the unreliabilities of hardware (pedals maybe not one super-spring-equipped gear for 2000 dollars...), slightly more "understandable" and a bit more forgiving in case of adding one millimeter of pedal pressure to much or too less.

This is what often seems to get ignored by many people: that these assists, if used wisely, can help to work around hardware imperfections of the gaming hardware that most people use.

For the same reason I mostly prefer ABS on, if factory settings allow it, and TC on as well - but at settings in the lower third of the available settings. That is especially true for supersportcars that are represented by their public street version sin the game - and as that are meant to be driven with these assists on. Driving the MP412C streetcar with TC off, seems to be no fun in real life. Why making your gameplay experience more complicated than reality?

For multiplayers, there can be only one advise: chose your settings that way - and be allowed by the server owner to do so!!! - so that you can control the car best - >>>and pose the smallest risk to other cars on track. <<<

Quffy likes this.