1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Fake fast drivers on Spa. [Exploiting track limits]

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Dafunk, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Dafunk

Dafunk Rookie

Hello community! first sorry for my english, it isn't my first language :p
    Btw..i was racing online today and i faced i really really fast driver...he was lapping Spa in 2.17-2.16 on a Lambo gt3.
    This evening i faced the same guy, and i was curious to see how he was driving so i could learn something to improve, but when i was watching him driving there was no way he could do those times becouse he was driving terribly...in the end this is what i learned from him...

Btw maybe it's not his fault or it's Kunos fault (and i hope for a nice fix in the next update), and sadly driving like this guy, starts to become a bit popular ç_ç

As you can see if you run just a bit wide you will get the sanction...but if you go very wide yoi can exploit like a boss.

In the end, please Kunos review the sanctions and the track limits especially in Spa!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fake Rain in replay/broadcast Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars can we get a basic fake shadow texture under the car for low settings? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars DX12 possible [FAKE NEWS] May 17, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars need DX12 official support [FAKE NEWS] Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Fake Races in My Rating Profile (CP) Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards fake races on Competiton Server Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Request for deleting a fake lap time Mar 24, 2019
    Chit Chat Room AC Night (fake ;) ) is it possible? Oct 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Interesting Article - Fake Engine Noise Jun 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Save a prayer for the police Lambo (closed: fake news, italian journalists strike again) Jan 25, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Fake shadows unaffected by weather Apr 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Fake ferrari? Feb 23, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Linux: Fake Client May 20, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Still Looks Fake (Not a Rant/ Bash on AC) Jan 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Fake or Real tracks ?? Nov 28, 2013

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I completely agree with track limit issues at Spa-Francorchamps. Those of us that drive correctly cannot compete with those that exploit such oversights in the penalty system.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. People like him deserve to play only this game for the rest of their lives:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

I hate AI stewards, but I dislike cheats more. They seem to have skill, yet they use exploits, that racer should be banned till they learn to race fair.

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Couldn't agree more. I keep practicing on SPA and always wondered how this people can manage those lap times...
    Now I know. Thanks OP.. you really lifted a burden from me. You're the MVP

paul_wev likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Same kind of issue are in monza ( first and second chiccane) or in imola..(the Last chicanne before downhill)

In imola it's quite bad...they go full straight and not even the grass or gravel brake them...

Track limits and penalties have to been improved a lot!

That is one more reason why i don't touch the online lobbies..

BTW! Why they took in 1.09 the track limits and penalties out of the Career Mode??

paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, stupid is not Kunos fault. Its him that decide to cheat. I could take a piss on my neighbours house each day without him noticing it, but I dont. The guy in the clip could cheat in a video game and he did.

paul_wev, ppbucko and Horus like this.
  9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If Kunos maked the track limits like it should, the guy shouldn't be able to do it and win time lap after lap...

In eau rouge exit if yo ho just on the white line with your right tyre you get a 5 seconds penalty... If you go more left like the guy of the video... Nothing happens..
    Same for other bends....same on other tracks like monza or imola...

And guys like the video there are a lot doing it...on spa,monza or imola...

That is what i call a game breaker and bad implantation of track limits... So,fault of the development team.

I'm asking fixes for track limits since September.. And now I'm happy that more people report it...now even with video!

One more reason why lots of people don't want to play in the public online lobbies.

I'm also fan of the game...but here Kunos didn't a good polished job..what's wrong is wrong.. And has to be fixed.

paul_wev likes this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

In total agreement, cheats cheat, liars lie, asshats cut corners.

paul_wev likes this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

It does not matter what you do to try to stop cheats, they will find a way to cheat. Why worry so much, just race and forget about them. They are but the dust in the light shard that breaks through my window, they are nothing more than an apparition, here today gone tomorrow. If cutting track and winning races via cheating is all you have come to AC for then good luck, the folly of their actions predict they will not be around long.

P.S. I HATE AI STEWARDS! This proves the point more than most. A clean racer avoiding an accident will be penalised, yet someone knowing the loopholes does not. Do away with AI stewards and then people will get on with what they will. If you treat people like mature adults they behave like adults, yeah some will cheat but I have never seen an AI steward yet that knows the difference between avoidance and cutting. AI stewards are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

P.S.S. If you want total lock down then make it a penalty to have more than one wheel over the white line. The curb is off track, the track is defined by the two parallel white lines running around the track. So in real terms even one wheel over the white line is taking an advantage. Oh! But wait then you have all the racers complaining they cannot use the curbs. Meh! to all of it. Race and forget the idiots, they will not be thinking of you.

paul_wev and bradleyland like this.
  12. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Like I said one time, I will never understand that kind of behaviour. Let's suppose he wins the race. Than what? He not earned the position, just took an advantage of a glitch. And for what? For a win he don´t deserve it. And it´s not like he will gain a prize for that or something. It´s just to say "I won". But not for his merit. I simply don´t get it. In my head, things like that "doesn´t fit". If I did make something like that, propably, in my head, I would be thinking "Man, I´m such a loser...I suck".

13. I see i still would have beat him ;)

paul_wev and Horus like this.
  14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If the track limits were good impleted there would be no way to cheat.

That what you mentioned is implemented(badly) :

"P.S.S. If you want total lock down then make it a penalty to have more than one wheel over the white line. The curb is off track, the track is defined by the two parallel white lines running around the track. So in real terms even one wheel over the white line is taking an advantage. "

The problem is when you go more exaggerated on left or right side depending you don't receive any time penalty.

About AI stewards... If you miss a braking point a good implantation would be that the game don't penalise you if you lift your feet from the throttle or brake..so the game could understand that you don't want to cut or try to have advantage..

Playing with guys cheating like that every single race,together with rage quitters or just guys that try to srew up the race of other people and don't even receive a penalty or a ban that don't allow that person to play online during some hours or a day depending the infraction,sucks.

So i don't have fun in the public online lobbies.. And don't gonna be online till they implent the private personalised lobbies an can play in online leagues and races with people who really races clean and legal.

And track limits and penalties need much more than an improvement

15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Here's the thing I don't understand about track limits on A/C. Hot lap mode single player the track limits are quite good and fair. Now then go on multiplayer and there useless, but there not switched off because a few of the corners on spar are working but the majority are not. Every tracks the same. Why is this if there coded in hot lap why isn't online the same.
    I think the multiplayer on assetto needs a major overhaul to bring it up to the standard that's expected on console, the frane rate on Barcelona gp track online is terrible compared to some of the others.

paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

While you make a very valid point, how about the f1 last season every race they was clamping down a bit on track limits, these blokes aren't cheats they just try to get away with as much as possible. That's why you need track limits it's not to stop the cheaters it's to stop people getting away with as much as possible and therefore making a circuit a level playing field.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its possible that I dont see the issue here because I dont care if someone cut the track and do faster laptimes and finish better than me. If someone finish 1st by cutting the track it doesnt matter to me even if that gives me 2nd place, he didnt win fair. I would have thought he did since I wouldnt have watched the replay and if I did watch it and saw that he didnt win fair i would just see me as 1st. In the end, in my eyes he wouldnt have destroyed the race for me or the 22 other drivers.

I agree that they need to fix the track limits though but (in my eyes) because it is drivers that want to be as correct as possible and not because some jerk is cutting where ever he can :) Others want it fixed for other reasons (one being shown in the clip) and I understand that.

paul_wev, Horus and bradleyland like this.
  18. Davemester

Davemester Racer

I agree it totally lame.

#OFF I've never seen the console in game UI. The pedals app looks much more better then PC version #OFF

paul_wev likes this.
  19. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I agree with Donnced here. It doesn't matter if it's the cheater or not, this is just poorly marked track limits. And it's absolutely a good reason for clean drivers to be upset at the devs..

How is it that, the very instance my inside wheels touch grass, I'm penalized.. But THIS is allowed to happen?! This video makes it clear that more effort has been put into penalizing drivers who are trying to drive fair, than has been put into trying to penalize full on cheaters and exploiters. In my opinion it should be the other way around.. they should be penalizing the big stuff first, and we should be instead then, asking them to tighten up the little stuff. This poor track marking would absolutely make online racing with strangers, a disaster.

Now I know why I got lapped so quickly at Spa online last week... :mad:

paul_wev likes this.
  20. Dafunk

Dafunk Rookie

Another thing that i just want to say that happens often at Spa, and could be took in consideration, is that those players that have the box stop near the box exit they just go to the pit and drive as soon as the race starts.
    This is an "nice" way to pass the first corner without taking damage :p and to get some nice advantage :D
    Btw i don't know if the lap will be counted anyway to be honest, so if i just said a stupid thing please excuse me! and i'll delete the post.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    paul_wev likes this.
  21. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

Why should you even want to cheat Eau Rouge? One of the best corners in the world!