1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

first pc what's important

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Themenjo, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

Hello, i am Menno and i hope this week i will get my fanatec order (formula v2.5 rim v3 pedals and the csl dd)

No i have to buy i pc and can't spent to much on it (i will upgrade later on) but i want to start sim racing and i am a noob in pc's, so i got a couple of questions:

1. what's more important for ACC cpu or gpu?
    2. what is easer to update cpu or gpu?
    3. are the specs down under good enough to start ACC and which one is better?

specs 1
    i7 3770K
    gtx 1080 8 gb
    16 gb ddr3

specs 2
    i7 4790
    gtx 1070 8gb
    16 gb ddr3

specs 3
    and ryzen 5 3700X
    gtx 1060 8 gb
    16 gb 3200

many thx :) and hope i will see you on track.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues What's important for mp? Jan 5, 2015
    ACC General Discussions What's about all these Spam threads? Feb 13, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's this? Mar 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please tell me this NOT what's coming tomorrow? Feb 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What's with the mirrors? Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's next for ACC? Aug 19, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the Status on ACC and future Projects? very quiet in here. Jan 24, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the deal with CP servers now? Jul 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What's going on? Ghosts lap 1 in SRO? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What's next Nov 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What's with the pit crew animation Sep 10, 2019

3. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

It is the balance between these two, one alone can't work without the other one being decent.
    The GPU is easily upgraded, just take the old one out and put the new one in.
    For a CPU upgrade, in many cases you also need a new mainboard and new RAM.

CPU 1 is from 2012, old and below specified minimum requirement for ACC
    CPU 2 is old and from 2014, okayish, but not upgradeable
    CPU 3 is good if the system is not too expensive. GPU is the weakest of those, but can be easily upgraded

All of them can run ACC, but I'd pick number 3 if those are the only options.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  4. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

Thank you very much, i become a little wiser.
    how good is the rx 580? i found some pc with this card.

1 with I5 8600k
    1 with ryzen 2600X

5. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Themenjo and After_Midnight like this.
  6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Are you buying PC only? What about monitor? What monitor and what resolution are you going to play with? The choice of graphics card may depend on it, the old cards migh be too weak (I was playing in 1080p with GTX 970 and it was fine with mid settings).

And don't forget about ACC requirements - it's both heavy on CPU and GPU, if you want to enjoy it at the fullest in higher resolutions.

Themenjo and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Hi @Themenjo :)

I've to agree to the comments above. At least in terms of the Intel systems 1+2.

Both of them are really old and because of the incompatibility any upgrade (beside the GPU) will lead to a new system, basically.

I owned your system 2 and after a very expensive upgrade just the GPU is still running. I'd Iove to replace it but these days the prices are ridiculous :( which I can't afford.
    The GTX 1070 is ok'ish for playing at 1080p.

I can't say anything about the AMD system in terms of upgradability but the GPU in system 3 I consider as the weakest one of all 3 mentioned systems.

Greets After_Midnight

Themenjo and AndyK70 like this.
  8. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

thx,

Yes i've got a samsung screen 104 cm Full hd and a pc screen 75hz (use it for second screen macbook), will be upgraded in the future.
    yes i want to enjoy higher resolution but now i don't have the money for it so have to settle with less quality, but of coarse i won't the highest possible for the money. i try to look for a pc with recommended specs but there is in this price range always an downgrade on 1 of the specs.

Prices of gpu's are not normal these days so i think i will look for a pc with a decent gpu and the possibility to upgrade the cpu.
    Correct me if i am wrong but a decent gpu is from the 1070 and higher or the rx580 and higher?

many thx,

9. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

Clear, thx :)

So try to look at systems that are not that old, max 3 years?

so the 1060 is not good, the 1070 is playable and the 1080 is good enough (better go to a 20** but also got no money now :))

10. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

new try specs (above budget) maybe i have to wait a moment

1 ( still to old but good gpu??)
    I7 6700k 4ghz oc naar 4,5ghz
    16gb ddr4 ram 2667mhz oc naar 3100mhz
    Nvidia gtx 1080 8gb gddr5

I5-8600 3,1GHz > Turbo 4,3GHz x6!
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming (USB 3.0)!
    MSI GTX1060 6GB-GDDR5 OC Gaming!
    6GB-DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2333MHz (2x8)!

Gpu: aorus gtx 1660ti
    Cpu: ryzen 5 2600x
    Ram: corsair 16gb 3000mhz 16c

I5 8600K cpu
    Radeon RX 580 8GB gpu
    16 GB RAM 2133Mhz

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x (Nieuwprijs 403)
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 (Nieuwprijs 499)
    RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 3200

11. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

Or better save a couple of months and buy something new? Like this?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 3,7 GHz (4,6 GHz Turbo Boost) socket AM4 processor
    € 299,00
    ASUS TUF GAMING A520M-PLUS, socket AM4 moederbord
    € 77,00
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1660S Phoenix OC grafische kaart
    € 539,00
    1" class="ng-binding ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box;">2x Kingston FURY 8 GB DDR4-3200 werkgeheugen
    € 34,90
    Lexar NQ100, 240 GB SSD
    € 27,99
    Aerocool Prime v1 tower-behuizing
    € 39,99
    Sharkoon SHP Bronze 600 W voeding
    € 33,90
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home software
    € 109,00

Totaal
    € 1.195,68

12. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

A 1060 is good enough for a 16:9, 1080p, 75Hz screen and you can always easily reduce some effects to high instead of epic quality, or change the resolution scale.

Buying an entry level card (like 1660S) that was 200€ for years now for an insane price is not worth it.

Themenjo likes this.
  13. Themenjo

Themenjo Rookie

thx, so better start with a starting gaming pc and if buying a new gpu, buy a good one.

14. John g

John g Simracer

My pc was very similar to this - 1660 super and ryzen 5 3500x.
    If you're playing 1080p it will do a fine job. You'll need to turn a few settings down at 1440p but it's still a good experience IMO.

I recently upgraded to 3060ti and the cpu is a bottleneck on frame rate with AI grid

Themenjo likes this.