1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Free track traffic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skybird, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

AC is a sim I pretty much drive for essentially just the pure joy and experience to drive. I do not need achievements and competition nece3ssaily, just logging lap after lap and trying to get it right is where the fun for me already starts.

Obviously, I would welcome it if in practice mode there would be randomly generated traffic by other cars, say 2-7 cars on track at any time, of just any car class and livery. Private visitors like me visiting the track, doing so like me: logging some laps, and then leaving again, and somebody else arrives (or not). Just some life all around the track, not one flock of cars that stays together and pits together.

Even more polished it would be if one could, on a separate option screen, in a simple cross-referencing table, tick which car classes should be allowed on which track, and how many cars should be allowed minimum and maximum on each track.

But at the core of things, I am about making practice sessions a bit more filled with everyday life.

Obviously one would not want to have traffic in hotlap mode.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai car freezeson track, then cant control car. Multi player own car freezing on track. Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze for several seconds in race. Subsequent crash (in the track) Apr 28, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Freetrack (/TrackIR) support available? Aug 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Why can not we select any car and any track freely in practice mode? Mar 9, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI stuck on track due to empty tank in free practice Feb 19, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Total freezing after loading car and track Sep 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting F7 Free Camera borked when using TrackIR Oct 28, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Track Ir and Free Cam Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting fps drop to freeze on some part of track in carreer or vs ia Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI freezes/stops on track/gets confused & drives in circles when player pits during qualifying Nov 6, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds acs.exe freezes/crashes soon after loading the car/track Jun 14, 2018
    Suggestions Can we have reverse track on free practice? Feb 11, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Trackhat freezes Assetto Corsa on loading a race Aug 8, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Game hard freezes when exiting from track back to UI front end Jul 8, 2017

3. Sgt Frede

Sgt Frede Racer

I've been thinking about this too. I feel that it's so empty when I drive around alone. I want to see some other cars!

4. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

AI Track Day! GREAT idea!
    Much of my problem with the AI stems from the utter chaos in the first lap, and the fact there's a certain point or distance to drive to. Having a number of cars going in and out of pits in intervals would make the track have a decent spread of cars...

Especially when the Ring arrives it would be very sweet to be able to have a quick go-to session of different car types on track already.

There's not always an option to go online for several reasons, so having this as AI would be a unique solition of any sim, ever made as far as I know!

5. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

This is a very good idea, few cars on the track is better than a deserted runway, obviously making this a additional option.

6. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Wouldn't this be possible by just adding difficulty of AI separately on practise mode? Shouldn't be too hard to make into the game... I like the idea

7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Yes.
    ~Bailey

8. MadCat360

MadCat360 Rookie

I support this! We need a track day mode.

9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Brilliant. I did not thought of this additional benefit.

The more I think about it, the more I like your reasoning there.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

As a matter of fact, several racing sims have this idea included, it hardly is originally by me.

11. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

Gents, I've been doing "track days" a whole lot in AC which works well for the race cars (quicker cars in general). What I do is choose 5-6 evenly matched cars and then add 3-4 slower cars that aren't matched to one another - 10 lap race. First lap is hell, so I immediately go to pits and wait to hear the pack coming around. I exit the pits and join the pack from the rear (but ahead of the slow cars). The next few laps are amazing because the group hasn't formed that single file line yet. JUST when they are about to become full slot-car robocars we staret to lap the slower cars - one by one the quicker cars find ways around and the slight chaos has lead to some really enjoyable racing. Just respect the AI as if they were track day privateers in thier own cars, exhibit caution as in real life.

The AI is far from ideal, but most complainers have NEVER raced a car or know what it's like to risk an expensive private vehicle on the track. I see a lot of gents hotlapping through AI traffic and then complaining when the AI rams them. Are you clipping apexes off pace with traffic behind you? IRL 80% driving feels DANGEROUS by yourself, let alone next to someones absolute pride and joy. Mix in that it might be their first track session alone. I mix these thoughts into the sim to help my own experiences flourish. Hopefully this type of perspective helps some unhappy fringe players find that they also have to actively/defensively avoid AI as in IRL on a track.

All that said, MP will have me on house arrest for weeks! I can't wait to look back at this post and giggle!!

Martyn and Enzo Martin like this.
  12. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Oh?
    Do enlighten me, as I've yet to find that in any sim I've tried? Or I simply missed the option...

13. plaid

plaid Alien

Like it. There was a mode in PGR, where you have to pass several slower cars. A "kind" of a slalom could be possible too.

As another special event that could have potential rather then just a fixed single race.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

GTR-2 for sure, although there were only 2-5 other cars in free practice.

Free traffic in GSC 2013 as well.

In both these sims it can be switched on and off. The option is called "private practice allowed", or something like that

Then GTR Evolution, and Race 07.

I think I saw it on a friend's installation with GT Legends as well, but I am not sure on that anymore, its long time ago.

And in netKar.... - wait, no. Obviously not in netKartPro. :p

15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah I think this is a must in free practice. Like others said this is already in some other sims. But maybe instead like it is in GSC/rfactor/Simbin titles, where you have cars from the same class you're driving, in AC you could freely choose what cars drives with you.

16. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I would like to say that in some of those games you can chose any car, just like AC.
    ~Bailey

17. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Hmmm, I don't think so. At least not in free practice and not through the UI. It just puts cars from the same class/series your car is from. I could be wrong tho and can't fire up my simrig atm to check it out.

18. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

A new track day mode would be great. Would definitely give more life to the solitude of making a setup or just wanting throw down some laps. Definitely need different class cars to get the whole track day feel that many of these cars are about, no lap count no places just a bunch of drivers enjoying their cars. Might even be a fun mp mode drive what you like, just hang out and drive with some friends or make some too.

MadMatt likes this.
  19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Like rFactor's AI in practice mode.

20. Bailey

Bailey Alien

When you chose your mod select 'All Vehicles' or something to that effect. Then you will be able to mark the boxes of which cars and classes you want on the field.
    ~Bailey

21. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I've just reinstalled Win to my simrig and have only GSC2013 and AC installed atm so can't check, but I'm sure you're right. :)