1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Friday Update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by neddyie116, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashcrow

Flashcrow Hardcore Simmer

Okay guys, here is the latest update.... all you have to do is assemble it :)

HuayraPieces01.jpg HuayraPieces02.jpg

2. shiftA

shiftA Racer

This ! :)

3. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Umm, I think you skipped step 3...
    ~Bailey

5. Flashcrow

Flashcrow Hardcore Simmer

Well done!!! I couldn't find the parts for the Harrier... were they 256b - 270d?

6. Great comment m8te !!!:):):):)

Jason Madigan likes this.
  7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you want it dependent on player input, you could also make it a minigame - stop the car, and it pops up a view of the pit, you jack the car up (either by outside jack or built-in would depend on the car), click-drag the pneumatic wrench over to a tire, better you line it up the faster the bolt comes off, then set that aside and put the new tire in place, bolt it back on and clear everything out of the pit. Better placing in the pit box would let you do things more quickly because the tires and wrench would be right where you need them. Then you could vary it by series/car in how fast it unbolts, how many tires you have to do (endurance only lets 2 guys over the wall? then you have to do 2 of the tires. big crew? just 1).

8. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

One could argue that this is a *driving* simulator, and not a pit stop simulator...

9. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

While I like the idea in a way and it could be fun it wouldn't fit in a simulator. For me the simulator is simulating the driving not what my crew does as well. Therefore I agree with having to come in at the right angle and stop exactly in the right spot as that is the drivers job. Changing the tires isn't his job (not in any race series i know of). Having said that it is a fantastic idea for games like GRID :)

10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Agreed. As i wrote there "maybe i missed some detail". That detail was of course in the pit strategy tab we can choose what lap to come in. Its only a drop down with numbers in it for pete's sake! :D

11. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Could you imagine if the Kunos 3d models were actually this accurate?

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't make it necessary. But it's part of racing, so some people are going to want to simulate it. Lots of series will red flag heavy rain, but people want to simulate that too.

Could also make it part of their endurance team update; ability to switch drivers etc. and have a guy watching the telemetry who can run your pit stop.

13. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Yeah I agree. I think this would be great to see added and hopefully it shouldn't be to complicated to add (although I could be quite wrong). You would have to program it for the AI to, maybe they could have pre determined strategies. Like the fuel is calculated based on the litres per lap and the tyre selection is selected in a similar way. Then they are all programmed to come in on say the 25th to 28th lap for fuel and tyres (so they don't all come in the same time!).

A bit of work but maybe the community could help fine tune the race strategies??

14. alex72

alex72 Alien

Spot on. Also, hopefully Kunos find the time to add tyre texture that change over time from nice to rough - until you pit in and change or restart.

Then we have it all! :)

shiftA likes this.
  15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Actually in rally drivers change tires if they go bust while at stage. But I know it's kimda different sports than circuit racing. :)

16. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

This article http://www.gamemag.it/news/assetto-...ayer-forse-anche-su-xbox-one-e-ps4_51407.html states that Marco Massarutto during an interview said that V1.0 with multy will be released in April!

Translated with google translator cause I don't have time right now for a better one:
    "At the awards ceremony at the Golden Dragon Award organized dall'Aesvi, the trade association of the gaming industry in Italy, Assetto Corsa has received the award for best technical achievement.To withdraw was obviously Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulations, with whom we have had occasion to speak, gathering important information.
    Marco has revealed that the 1.0 version, including multiplayer, in Assetto Corsa will become available during the month of April. He said the group is making good progress with the netcode and multiplayer Assetto Corsa will be strictly based on dedicated servers, as also that of netKar Pro, the previous production Kunos.

In addition, Mark has not excluded that in the future Assetto Corsa can get on the next-gen consoles, indeed revealed to us in that preview Kunos is exploring the possibility of making aport on PS4 and Xbox One of his acclaimed racing simulation. Not before finalizing the best PC version, of course.

Kunos Simulations is an independent team in all respects, made up of professionals driven by the same passion about everything related to the world of automobiles. For this Kunos has no external financing, while all licenses (including extremely famous brands such as Ferrari, BMW, Lotus, Pagani, McLaren and circuits such as Nurburgring Nordschleife, Spa-Francorchamps, Imola, Monza) are acquired with autonomous financing.

"We make racing games just for the pleasure of doing good driving games," he said Massarutto the awards ceremony of the Golden Dragon. "Even if there was a big producer interested in acquiring the brand Assetto Corsa, we would be proud of what we have done to make Assetto Corsa so good."

Recently Kunos has secured the license for the Corvette , thanks to which you will add two new vehicles to the line-up already made official, C7 Corvette Stingray 2014 Corvette C7.r (the latter later in a DLC for a fee). He did so after realizing that his driving simulation has a large international following, transcending the boundaries now in a clear national or European."

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  17. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

Can't wait for 1.0 and mp :D

18. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Wow, well I don't believe it will come in April but I do hope I am proved wrong. Late May still sounds the earliest to me.

speedyyellow likes this.
  19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

one thing that would be welcomed over here, is that the axis of trackIR get fixed.

20. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Given that the translation provided by Big Engine is relatively solid (thanks 4 the translation), I too am slightly surprized by the v1.0 date.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain to me what they mean by dedicated servers (KUNOS style vs others vs non-dedicated)?
    ~Bailey