1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Go faster. Basic driving techniques at Game&Track YT channel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good to see you gained on your racecraft with a simple driving technique vid!
    Thumbs up.
    Imagine what will happen if Aris finally takes on describing race etiquette.
    :)

Vel, mms, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The rest of the car setup seem to be on default, I suppose it's not intentional. I checked various other downloaded replay video & they all show exactly what tyre the player is using.

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I checked my own replay and it also says medium tyres. That lap was done on the previously mentioned SF server with fixed setup and hard tyres.
    Besides that I don't know why William (or anyone else) would want to lie about the tyres he used. That would be completely pointless and silly.

4. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

You can check your other replay. It really show what tyre you're using. It's either a bug or everyone actually ran medium slick without being aware in the SF server. With drafting other cars you can also easily gain a second. Also the track temp is 1C higher which help a lot for the overall grip on hard compound.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Whatever you say, I rather trust in Schnipp knowing his server setup...;)

liakjim, mantasisg 2 and Schnipp like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

MrDeap, just look at every time set by drivers in the stracker link I posted earlier. They are on H tyres and only those were allowed, both by not allowing M tyres and by a fixed setup incl. tyres.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

haha just look at what Aris started

Sleeper Service likes this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I remember on what tyres I did my lap, but thanks for the suggestion. :)
    I have to admit though, you are really creative with your ways of finding "exploits" in everyone's time faster than yours.

demetri likes this.
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

http://managerdc5.rackservice.org:50071/lapdetails?lapid=112268#

It's written unknown. It doesn't really matter since sub 1:11 whatever the track condition & setup is a good time.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Oops, that should have said 'every driver using ptracker'. stracker can't get the info otherwise, thus listing unknown for drivers not using ptracker.

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Mistake happen, there's no reason to be on the defensive. It's basic way to see possibility to go faster.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Replays likely show tyre 1 as the replay same as if you save a setup on a fixed setup server which may have 2 compounds. If you save a setup in a server that has only 1 available tyre then the next time you load that setup with more tyre options it will give you tyre 1 so in this example it would be the medium even if the setup was saved and used hard tyres.

MrDeap likes this.
  13. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

It was always going to end up like this, despite Aris's plea for sanity in the opening post. I don't know what it is about "sim racers" :rolleyes:

14. On the medium tyre I would have been faster than William, so no :) Also, I assume an alien is about 1 second faster on a short lap or a bit less compared to me, which is the case.

I really don't understand why you have to turn this thread into validating a lap time or assuming people cheat. You should also be able to see where he actually gains that time when watching the replay compared to your laps..

15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I'm not comparing him to me, I hardly played Assetto Corsa.

You can even look up at my profile(2.4 hrs last two weeks)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrdeap/games/?tab=recent

You have to also take account that I recorded his run & the time I messed with the setup. The track time is actually very low on my end. I'm not in a situation that I judge the car or track best lap performance.:p

I simply looked up very quick the setup debug which I found the medium slick, but Marty cleared up the tire data on the replay. Sadly his lap is far from perfect, so if it's done on default, technically it can be done faster. There's a very obvious loss of time at the last chicane just after the long straight.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So last night on the streetfight server at Spa I tried to apply the analysis while driving. I think I'm not a "natural driver", nor a "point-to-point" driver that needs to have fixed reference points to be reasonably quick. I seem to be in between.

I usually get reasonably fast times when just "playing by ear" but when I try to concentrate on going faster it gets very hard and consistency also suffers. So Aris' tutorial is a good reminder for the basics.

Back to yesterday at Spa: I simply noticed that even though my driving felt good and fast, when I checked my distance to the apex or the enter/exit curbs I found that there's room for improvement.
    Additionaly, there's some sweepers (like right-left-right after Kemmel straight) where I enter at a good line for the turn 2 exit. But then I don't get a good and wide entry to the 3rd turn leading to the straight part. I think I should compromise turn 1 or 2 in order to get number 3 right.

I have to admit that my braking points swing back and forth from lap to lap and I should really fix them, spot-on. All the rest of the turn I can't really think about turn-in points, apex, straightening and power application point - it must come, naturally. In order for this to work, the braking point must be spot-on.

Finally, I struggle with where to look when coming out of tricky corners, like bus stop onto main S/F straight yesterday I found that when I aim for the DRS sign to the right I will enter the straight with more stability and good speed.

This video and thread really made me enjoy hotlapping/grinding more.

Fat Rich and Schnipp like this.
  17. That's true. Was struggling with the lack of front end on default setup :)

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

@LeDude, here's a great instructional video of Spa

Epistolarius and LeDude83 like this.