1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Good Headphones for AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AlfaGunner, Feb 26, 2017.

1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Any recommendations for good mid range headphones for AC, nice and loud and bassey

Now that AC has vr positional audio I need to update my ancient cans )

thinking cans better than earbuds as i need bass...or any good bassey earbuds?

Fat-Alfie likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.1.1 CTD when headphones plugged in Oct 26, 2019
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in USB headphones Oct 25, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in oculus Rift cv1 headphones Sep 11, 2017
    Console Lounge headphones + cockpit view = stuttering engine? Oct 14, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Vehcile sound only in right side of headphones Nov 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New headphones - wow! Sep 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Headphones upgrade from sennheiser pc320 Aug 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Advice for headphones/microphone for voice chat? Dec 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Listen with headphones Nov 10, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Cockpit audio and headphones Oct 19, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Switching to/from headphones cause crash Oct 18, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Looking to invest in headphones Mar 8, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Headphones only left audio working Jan 4, 2014

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Any made by Denon.

edit: I've been looking at buying a new pair as mine were abused by my youngest and these stand out to me.

Sennheiser HD 25 Supraaural

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    djtopa likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im using audio technica ath-m5x. Im not sure if they are specially good for AC but they are better than the latest headphones (headset) I used: qpad qh90.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

6. MAUZERIS[LT]

MAUZERIS[LT] Racer

Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger ;)

Jadonyx likes this.
  7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

just don`t get gaming headsets ... pretty much worst sound you can get .. if you wanna go chaep Samsons RS850 are greatly underpriced for what they offer https://www.amazon.com/Samson-SR850-Professional-Reference-Headphones/dp/B002LBSEQS .. on level with 4-6x more expensive headphones ... great sound, sits good on head .. much much better than Marschall Major II, lower tier Sehnheisers and few others I`ve tried ...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Horus and PhenOm like this.
  8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Best headsets are 10€ with microphone. Usually found at computer store.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

You get what you pay for, but I have to say I bought a couple of these SONY MDRZX310 for my children, as they received some tablets for Christmas, and they are remarkably good. No match for some real audiophile headphones, but for the price I was pleasantly surprised. I'm with @ouvert on avoiding all gaming headphones, I have had a few in the past and they do not last long and usually do not have very good sound quality.

AlfaGunner likes this.
  10. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Just go for Head-Fi.org forum and post a thread - guys will surely help you out. Just write precisely what you want and expect and what budget you've got.
    You should consider choosing much more quality headphones than logitech, bits or something like that... it is possible... for the same price as most 'headphoes for gamers' are just much overpriced crap.

11. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

its actually quite a hard thing to buy...needs to be a bluetooth headset as less wires to deal with in vr, will just visit local store get mid range.

some of those gaming headsets look sooo crap lol and massive

cheers all

colombianomd likes this.
  12. Few weeks back I bought nice set of earbuds for my portable music needs and these buds were so amazingly brilliant that I need to start looking for a nice set of headphones too. :)

So following closely what you guys suggest. Neutral sound is what I'm looking for.

13. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

With headphones the only chance u have is to test them. They are too different to say which is the best for you. I have spent month to find the one that fits my needs. I have bought one year ago an AKG K550. Very neutral with less bass then other, but perfect for creating sounds.

Important is the impendance Ohm for the volume ability. The highe this level is, the lower is the volume they can play but the better the sound is.

Studio headphones have very high impendance for best sound.
    My AKG headphones have 32Ohm and they are not that loud if i use them on my iPhone. On PC its loud enough.

Best is if u go to to your local dealer, and test them with some videos of AC.

AlfaGunner likes this.
  14. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

mms likes this.
  15. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

16. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

17. Superlux HD681 - realy great for its price

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am thinking to invest in my first set of proper 7.1 headset. Are there any recommendations & considerations especially for hot climates? I would like to keep this under $100 USD.

19. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I've got the "Plantronics RIG 500E" and very pleased with them. Open and closed speakers included.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@chksix -Thank you. They look good. I like how you can remove the mic :)

Has anyone had experience with wireless headsets?

21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wireless, 5.1, 7.1, x.n, all this is just utter junk if you are even remotely after decent SQ.
    Get good stereo wired set from reputable manufacturer.

PhenOm, Nahkamarakatti and Coanda like this.