1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT86 - AC vs Real Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by LostSalad, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Suspension geometry plays into the actual wheel rates, of course, but the springs are pretty soft.

Regarding training wheels, I agree, for in-control, fun, normal speed hooning it's off. But on the Ring the speed is so high and the margins are so narrow. I'd rather be held back a bit than end up backwards in an expensive barrier... :p

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Most modern cars ride straight on their bumpstops when even slightly pushed. Springs for normal driving and bumpstops as a raising rate spring for spirited driving. Gives people like me a good headache every time :p

3. Well.... That's kinda crappy :p

Seria17hri11er and Aristotelis like this.
  4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I have bumpstop stiffness characteristics and data for the Eibach springs so that you can get the S1 version of the GT86 right, Aris! ;-)

mistery, Glaurung, xystof and 3 others like this.
  5. Aristotelis

[​IMG]

6. crimespree

crimespree Racer

OK but for S2 we need:
    I can provide dyno graphs, spring rates and I reckon i could get anything but propriety information off MCA suspension!

7. See quote below ;)

8. grat

grat Simracer

I would gladly tell you about the MiTo... if I ever had the chance of taking it off-traffic...

arthur666 likes this.
  9. LostSalad

LostSalad Rookie

Sweet ride you have there man! I've wanted to do the same (modify the data files) to make a supercharged version. Supercharger conversion is VERY popular where I'm from, and for good reason. It doesn't unbalance the car in the same way that a turbo does, but it adds (relatively) serious grunt. A well-driven SC 86 running semislicks on track is not to be trifled with.

Please Kunos, can we get Step versions. Pretty please :D. For such an enthusiast car, it only makes sense ;)

10. Aristotelis

I'd happily make step versions guys, but that is not always easy for many reasons both practical and legal.
    You usually get what is possible :(

LSD, Vel, tkaczorek69 and 8 others like this.
  11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Cool. I like the MiTo. In game it feels like the Fiesta ST I drove for a while, but more civilized.

Haven't tried the Toyota since the update, but reading this thread makes me want to. :)

12. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Nice to read that Kunos have got somewhere pretty close on the GT86 and really nice to read some real life comparisons. One of the cars that I like to drive wen AC gets some time.

Good work all :)

13. Another problem with step versions is that they look the same. Take a possible GT86 step for example:

Coilovers or springs/shocks package, lower stance, more camber, etc
    More aggressive wheel/tyre package, less offset (not too much cause #savewheelbearinglives), wider stance, more "meat", etc
    Maybe a lip and other small cosmetic changes.

Normally this is what we'd see. But then apart from the modeling workload, most likely I'd assume licensing would prevent it correct ?

14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Often the bumpstops ("jounce bumpers") are a progressive rate too... that must be even more helpful. :D

15. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I used to own an E92 M3 (35+ track events in that car) and the AC version is pretty spot on. One of the reasons I don't like driving that car in the sim is because it feels just as heavy and bloated as it does in real life. :p (I track an S2000 now)

mistery, xystof, tabis and 6 others like this.
  16. I was thinking the other day; it sure would be cool to create S variants ourselves. I wondered if you guys could make it so we could do this. Not make the base car data available, but if there was a second data folder that AC would check for these variants. Any values we input into specific data files would override the base value in the base data folder.

But I reckon that isn't possible due to licensing?

crimespree and aphidgod like this.
  17. crimespree

crimespree Racer

I know what you mean, our 86s are very competitive.

We are spoilt here is Brisbane, Australia, we have an excellent local tuner and likely the world's best turbo kit via Coyote Tuning and we also have one of the world's best suspension companies as well, MCA Suspension just around the corner. Local support makes all the difference for this stuff.

Check out the torque curve from their turbo kit, with an air to water intercooler and virtually no intake piping it is incredibly efficient.
    I know it's difficult to compare dynos and power between countries but that is doubling of what a std 86 will make on that dyno on only 10psi.

We are currently running in an 86 Sprint Series this year and are having a great number of these little weapons compete.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

LeDude83 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  18. kosh

kosh Racer

You could ask the guys from MPS Engeneering http://www.mps-engineering.de/
    They fitted a lot of GT86 with turbos from 280HP to +400HP.

They are nice guys and real petrolheads...

19. That would be sick in AC.

20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

So, just to add to my experience, since this thread made me revisit the GT86 at Nordschleife in the game. I wanted to see how close I could get.

So, I set sunny weather, max temp. Got 36C air temp, 51C surface temp, sounds legit and probably not too far off. Street tires to sorta match my normal summer tires (Way better than the eco, but still a good way off semislicks like the Toyo 888 I used before)
    Drove with TC on, and while completely unintrusive in the game you can still see that TCS light REALLY working in almost every corner, just like in real life. At the end of the lap I still wasn't completely satisfied, there was a little something missing from what I felt. As described, near the end of the lap the tires felt greasy, and you could feel the car move on the rear suspension throughout the lap. I though about the cars condition (real life) at that point, and realized my tires were getting worn at that point. Several thousand kilometers of normal driving, quite a bit of parkinglot shenanigans and some roundabout fun and games. So, I drove a lap where I drifted as much as I could, got the tires really overheated and just generally abusing the tires while still getting some heat and wear into the fronts. After the lap my rears were about 3 times as worn as the fronts, and I let all four tires cool off to near ambient before setting off on another lap. And after a few corners the hairs on my arms literally stood up! Now the car was definetly more lively, and the nose felt a lot more pointy while the rear was lagging slightly behind and letting me steer with throttle and play with weight ditribution and diff alot more naturally, just like the real thing! It was truly uncanny, and it was my closest mach to real life to date by a good margin. I drove the lap the way I do it in real life, with margin for error and lift off in the spots where the track is just plain scary in real life. Not trying to match speeds at all, just lifting where I know I would have on the real tracks. These points are: the crest near flugplatz. From my logs I entered the uphill at 165 and had an apex speed of about 128-130 around the righthander. The next spot I just don't dare go as fast as I know the car can do is fuchsrohe. I stay at the limiter in 5th down there, keeping the speed just under 200 as I enter the compression. This spot really flattens you to the seat and it is incredibly fun, but you re riding the bumpstops and turning while preparing for braking while turning, so I just want to leave a little room for myself in that spot. Last place I know I hold back a little is Hatzenbach 2. Over that crest the car gets so light and I know that a slight arror sends me to the barrier, that second lost is just not worth it. In the real car in these conditions I did a 9:17 with a passenger. Considering I had no weight penalty in the game (I'm not light, and my passengere was downright heavy) and the heat's effect on engine performance, and of course the fear factor and mechanical sympathy I think the 9:10 I did in the game counts as spot on. :)

It was a great thing, and if anything makes me want Hardcore mode back soooo baaaad... Kunos, please bring back hardcore mode... We wants in, Precious.. We NEEDS it..... ;)