1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hard to say I'm sorry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by aotto1977, Jun 28, 2017.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It's really nicely done and customizable just like the pit app.
    For example I have server messages set to red, all players to white and myself to green. You could make all messages in the same color as well.

Here's a thread about the ks app if anyone is interested:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/new-chat-app-how-to-customize-it.32908/

Oh yeah and I'm guilty of texting and driving. I do it quite often actually, especially in Q, but not with other cars around of course.

Schnipp likes this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I once got banned when I was leading the race, admins are also humans :D (some are weird)

By the way, people who can chat while racing and doesn't loose concentration are really gifted. I see no way doing that, even while driving in grandma mode.

La Gonorrata, bgil66 and Schnipp like this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yeah.
    Last week with Street Fight CB at Donington somebody pointed out there was a vote to kick me.
    Yes, I've looked, it was started by the guy I passed in the last chicane in the last lap and took his win.

Maybe it looked like I divebombed him, but he was just very early braking, while I was at my usual braking point and I held my line.

OK, joking in the chat about 'looking who started the vote and ban him ;)' wasn't a role-model reaction by me either. :D

mantasisg 2 and LeiF like this.
  4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Kick votes for minor / normal race indicents are as annoying as those for a race restart.

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

True.

I've once also kicked a driver who spammed kick votes, probably about the driver he had a crash with.
    I told him to stop spaming votes, but he didn't listen so he had to go.
    Start one (or two) vote(s) is ok, but if it doesn't pass then move on.
    It's distracting to have that popup multiple times while driving.

6. I admit to posting three or four successive kick votes for a driver on an ABCDN server last night. He was driving a Nissan GT-R Nismo, and had already been criticised by others in the previous couple of races. Anyway, it was the "reverse grid" race, and I ended up in pole position in my BMW 1M (yes, the grid on this server is anything but balanced; BMW Z4 S1 at one end to the McLaren MP4 12C at the other!). Just before the lights turned green, this idiot (he started the race in P4 in his Nissan) jump started, and deliberately targeted my car. He smashed into me just as I was trying to accelerate away from the start line, which resulted in me spinning into the wall, and then back onto the track. I was then hit by a succession of other cars, and smacked around like a pinball. By the time I came to rest, the race was history. In other words, first to last (in a 20 car grid) before I had even made it halfway to T1! :mad: You can perhaps appreciate how upset I was :(

For the record, I actually had some good results in that BMW, and most of these were from the back of the grid. However, that says more about the quality of the server clientele than it does about my driving :D

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Schnipp likes this.
  7. aotto1977

On another note, I would totally agree if connecting the server admin(s) to their Steam profile at least would become mandatory. There are so many public servers out there operated by someone you just cannot contact on any channel. Also, stracker plugins are running like everywhere but you have to do some reverse engineering magic plus port scanning and trial and error to find the web interface.

8. The lack of admins on servers is a real problem. Trying to kick idiots on the server I mentioned above is a hopeless task, and so the insanity just keeps on rolling.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    esox71 likes this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I've suggested it before and I still think admin (anyone who logged in with admin password) should appear in a different colour on the server screen player list and also inside the server... if such a thing is possible.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Or allowing to list the admins in the server config or additional info file that can always be read while on the server.
    I know there is the info screen, but that's gone after your first click and you can't read it again without rejoining.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Ideally at the server list screen so people can make a more informed decision which servers to join (not that many would bother :p) and also see the admin clearly in the server so they know who to speak to if an admin is needed.

Schnipp and Christopher Low like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, it's the better way.
    Though it would only work if the admin is actually logged in.
    Thanks to CM I'm automaticly logged in, but I guess not every admin does this or only logs in if there's a reason.

Andy-R likes this.
  13. aotto1977

But still someone is running the server. I honestly do not know if there are any other possibilities, but I had to download my AC server (on a linux platform btw) with my steam account.
    This very steam ID should be hardwired to the server(s) you run so users have a chance to see who is in charge for that installation.

Of course running an AC server is an offer to the community in the first place, but still there are certain responsibilities.

Schnipp likes this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That wouldn't work with hosted servers, like rackservice.
    Also on the SF server by now we have 15-20 guys that were granted the admin password, so if it would list the host it wouldn't help that much.

15. aotto1977

I've almost thought of that but still had some hope. ;-)

Schnipp likes this.
  16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

17. I guess I should apologise to the guy I retaliated against in a GT86 @ Magione race this afternoon :oops: To be fair, he was blocking me for a couple of laps, and then when I pulled alongside him on the approach to T2, he simply turned right across the front of my car. I crashed into him because of this, but then I deliberately hit him again at the corner exit because I was so annoyed. However, retaliation of any kind is unacceptable, whatever the situation. If you are reading this, I know how to make clean overtakes (and any number of forum members here will be able to confirm that), but it is hard to overtake cleanly when the driver in front refuses to be overtaken full stop!

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

A move known as the Vettel?

aotto1977 likes this.
  20. aotto1977

I understand how it came to this, however Minorating keeps me from doing this, so I bite my fist instead. ;)