1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

He blocked my launch!! really??

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Alejandro Colon, Sep 28, 2016.

1. So I had to wait 20 mins for a qualifying and when finally the race started the guy in front of me block my way and when I was trying to pass him 3 players just rammed into my car, Kunos this must be something that you have to work on because players like this are going to give bad reputation to the game and seriously Im thinking to put this game aside since there is no control over this kinds of players.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Aclauncher.exe dissapears ! (solved: antivirus blocked it) Jan 27, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever i try to get into a race [Blocked by Windows Defender] Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Crash after British DLC release [.pak file validation blocked] Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Track blocked - Virtual Safety Car? Jan 13, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Championship blocked at Paul Ricard Nov 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TMX blocked on 0° xbox Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spawn glitch causing repeated damage and blocked controls in pit lane. May 30, 2020
    ACC Gameplay virtual mirror blocked Apr 30, 2020
    ACC Physics car setups - Blocked Wheels (not breaking) Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career blocked due to a bug on departure Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CP Blocked Jun 18, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer speed blocked in the thrown exit Jun 6, 2019
    ACC User Interface Menu pop up blocked or pause controls not responding Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting MP Spa. Start engine game blocked May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pause in hotstints shouldn't be blocked? Dec 11, 2018

3. magzire

magzire Alien

No kick feature on consoles? Other than that nothing know can do. All racing titles suffer from this on public servers.

4. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunately that's normal in public mp, can't do anything about it.
    On PC there's Minorating or SRS to sort these bad apples out but on most public servers you'll find idiots who won't or cannot race fair.
    Sad story.

5. CSHinUK

CSHinUK Rookie

I've wasted enough time qualifying to get knocked out on the first lap so now I just look for races where there is only a few minutes of qualifying left. So I start at the back, take my time through the first few corners then see how far I can cut through the pack.

Fat-Alfie, EMW SMILER, AvGas and 2 others like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

It's a sim so no ghosting, also people do strange things just before a race. Fall asleep, go for another medicated drink, smoke heavily herbalised cigars or clear out their noses with special south american smelling salts. As for those ramming you from behind, meh! who has not had to go through a race start incident, a T1 exercise in futility, weavers and rammer. The best advise is to not bother qualifying, then you meet some rather excitable types as you work yourway through the field (literally sometimes). Or you qualify and get ready for a bruiser for the first few corners. It is annoying to get punted off, wreaked by someones inability to join the track safely, rammed from behind because the other driver has forgotten to put the car in gear at race start. But there are far more evil things in this world that a few bad races/drivers.

Good luck getting past the cycle of 'WHY ME!', it happens and you have to be able to suck it up, sadly.

P.S. I feel your pain, start avoiding the qualifying and learn some very useful skills overtaking some of the less than reputable (using the term lightly) drivers at the back. As starting from the back will get you in some tough battles with Gandalf the Greys 'You will not PASS!', the 'I'll brake later than you' types that end up wiping you out or scuttling off into the kitty little to then rage quit, my favourite is overtaking the mess that is sometimes created by those that must get to the front by T1. Many a time I have gone from 24 to 6 in 3 or 4 corners.

7. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Heheh, so well described.

8. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Pretty much started taking T1 at Spa with my Eyes closed. I hug the inside wall and await the plethora of cars that will come barreling deep into the braking zone and await the subsequent melee.

This happens on the PC version just as much as it does on the PS4 Version. The only thing we miss on the PS4 version..Is Minto Rating. Servers running this app are much better. But... Racing is racing and you will always have accidents, especially in Sim's where developers can't simulate fear for the drivers.

9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to sim public lobbies. Enjoy your stay and prescription pills.

Alejandro Colon and AvGas like this.

10. Hey I was the last, 3 guys on the front turned around while the other blocked my way out and when I was almost about to pass him BOOM they hit me all at thr same time. So seriously that was bull****, too bad I didnt have them on my side because I was really almost about to kill someone.

11. John Gordon

Road rage! Chill, its not real :)

Jebus and Horus like this.
  12. Accidents yes but that was on purpose and is not racing wise.

13. 30 mins of my night lost for nothing.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

We have all had our dummy out moments, but you will not get anywhere getting angry. Well that is not entirely true, you will get angrier. No point getting so twisted and uptight. It has and always will be part of racing, watch the Spa T1 this year, or Singapore etc etc. These are guys that get paid a good salary and sometimes the dog eggs hits wind machines. I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but those that learn to keep calm are usually the racers, or at least get something from their time on track. Those that get angry usually end up as wreckers/rammers and Ne'er–do–wells.

P.S. I start from the back in most races, I have made up many places to get taken out by someone being overly aggressive to get back on track. I have then ended back at the rear of the grid to fight past all the other racers/drivers to get back to the person who took me out and find them very angry drivers. No concern or respect for others, even those they took out and have had many laps to vanish to higher places in the race, and yet do not show a bit of contrition to those they have taken out in a race. I have personally pulled over for a lapped driver because I tapped him as I was overtaking. It cost me the win, but gained me a friend online. My best advise is forget about the winning/overtaking and enjoy the race, you get far more from the experience.

15. Again I know what is racing all about and that is not racing, blocking my way out on racing start after lights go out and 3 guys turning around(U TURN) just to hit you. I mean this is a racing simulator not *Twisted Metal* or something like that.

PEOPLE PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, I DONT NEED PEOPLE TRYING TO GIVE ME LESSONS ON WHATS RACING ALL ABOUT, THANK YOU.

16. John Gordon

Thats not what you said in your first post though, so perhaps try to explain things a little clearer? The two stories sound completely different.

Never in my life experienced what you have, you're describing 4 people with the sole intention of collaborating to sabotage you. If you have the recording still you should report it?

Horus and Alejandro Colon like this.
  17. And not only that, that same guy that crossed his car on the starting line went on reverse to the Nords straight line and spotted himself in a corner where you cannot see him and he just waited and I saw him again like moving towards my line slowly and I ended up crashing since I was doing 180mph and even with reaction I couldnt avoid the crash.

18. Yeah, I was so mad that I resumed everything without the details. Haha

19. Next time I will record their names and a video to report them or who ever do this stunts.

20. At least your idiots only ruined the start of your race; here is a clip of an idiot that almost gave me a heart attack:

Alejandro Colon and Horus like this.
  21. CSHinUK

CSHinUK Rookie

Private lobbies no good for me as I have no friends! I've watched my two sons play video games for years so I decided to get myself a PS4 as I enjoy online racing. I'm middle aged and I have no online friends. (Queue violins!) lol