1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How far have you managed to get?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by leon_90, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Best track for drif is still Drift Track.

Less straights is better to make drift combos.

2. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Agree, but I never noticed to get more points with combos.

3. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

You need combos to make your drifts longer. As long you stay drifting you can drifting forever and the clock will not down to zero.

MrDeap likes this.
  4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I didn't know these Achievements existed. To be honest, I didn't do much of the Career Mode, but I think I'm going to start doing it this week. Same with the Special Events. I figure they took the time to make them for us, the least I could do is try them.

Tibor Sólyom and leon_90 like this.
  5. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Is it still possible to do the "Way better than him" with F458 at Imola?

Lower than 1:54 is a very good lap.

Any tip to do this?

6. 13/669 (2%)

The special events have totally crushed my dreams of being a super sim race car driver....I don't even want to think about (or admit) how many times it took to achieve my two Bronze medals:oops:

7. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Has anyone managed to score gold in the latest Laguna Seca hotlap achievements? "God of Wind" seems like is very very hard but doable, while "Drying the Lake" looks straight up impossible. So far I did silver in the former and bronze in the latter.

Also, the race one with the Alfieri seems also basically impossible over silver (and even silver is a hard fight)

8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I did God of Wind, you can see here:

The other is very difficult, I did some tries ande get the bronze.

9. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Exactly, "Drying the Lake" seems impossible.. @6S.Manu you sure balancing is right on this one?

Cheers for the "God of Wind" one! I am .4 off the gold :D

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Think “Dryin the lake” should be fine, have just given it a quick run and went 1:27.938 on a VERY dirty lap and nowhere near fast in some corners. Only did 7 laps, so seems like difficulty is right

11. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

ive got 5% lol with 525 hours of gameplay.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Drying the lake is fine, just ran 1:26.993 on a fairly dirty lap, bit too much sideways and put a tire in the sand on the exit of one corner which cost a bit of speed as well. I like this level of difficulty in a challenge as you really get to learn and push the car to that point where you can properly appreciate it

13. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

But you said that you didn't push it, that you ran a dirty lap. I take it that it was extremely easy then, no need to learn how the car behaves.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Quiet the opposite, did push it and overdrive a little on 2 corners which cost about .2 of a second, so more time on it. Hence saying the challenge is very much doable

leon_90 likes this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

had a 1:29,9 at dry lake - think it could be one second faster atm.
    at weekly hotlap i am usually 2-xs behinds the aliens on "normal" tracks with "normal" cars - so this challenge is doable.
    everytime i thought the huracan is at the limit the car showed me a way to do it faster.... really crazy. :)

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'd say that both Huayra and Huracan challenges have similar difficulty. Both are doable on default setups with slicks (trofeos).

Edit:
    Actually all hot lap challenges from the bonus pack are doable on default setups (with slicks on hypercars).
    If you want them to be challenging don't use slicks for Performante and Giulia Nordschleife challenges, these two are way too easy on slicks.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    sissydriver likes this.
  17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

adjusted tire pressure and did a 1:28,5 - aliens should have no problem to get gold ;) (track and car are such a blast - familiy is a little angry.....^^)

18. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

60/709 :) I'm on a roll!
    An amazing 8% with 1024 hours on record.

I'm either a car nerd for specific cars, over and over and over, or just racing online.

On the road to never getting "You were flying over the kerbs out there!" achievement!

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

374/709 - many events are much easier after 1.16 update - i am greedy....:p

now i must learn to drift :confused:

and the drag strip thing:oops:...omg...never won a single race....:rolleyes:

Schnipp and Pretend racer like this.
  20. evil_overlord

evil_overlord Simracer

I'm absolutely sure that both "Drying the Lake" and "God of Wind" are very much achievable. I'm 0.4s and 0.9s off gold respectively and I know I can shave that off as well.
    So, props to @6S.Manu for the balancing of these events, I think those two are just right.