1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is smooth fast ? - Pro drivers give there opinion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GamerMuscle, Aug 30, 2016.

1. One of my favorite gt-drivers because of his aggression, and for me an example that your drivingstyle does not have to be smooth to be fast.

Btw notice his throttle application on 3:30

esox71 and er540 like this.
  2. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

This definitely looks aggressive but quite smooth to me. Maybe more wheel inputs than you would get in the game but AC can't be 100% realistic and most wheels can't provide as much feedback as he's getting with a real GT3.

The 3.30 throttle application definitely looks weird. Isn't it possible that something was wrong with the car (or his foot) for like 2 tenths or something? It just cannot be the fastest way to take this corner to be on and off like that here, unless he has some secret driving technique. He never does it anywhere else by the way.

Anyway, I drove maybe 5 laps at Nordschleife yesterday and after watching your video, it's absolutely amazing how close the game is to the real thing. Every single bump, every little detail of the track is there. Kunos should be proud for bringing this to your home! I'll probably be ready for a pilgrimage to Norschleife in a couple of months!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Johnnypenso, Ace Pumpkin and matz_AUT like this.
  3. He was clearly just fighting understeer by trying to unsettle the car. Not many slow corners at the Ring, and this particular one is always quite bad grip-wise. So not surprised he didn't really do it elsewhere.

Dessu and miky like this.
  4. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Come on he's repeatedly seesawing the wheel on entry at various points, if that is smooth than there's no such thing as aggressive driving.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  5. Especially for cars from something like the gt3 class.

6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I was thinking the very same thing while watching...its amazing time and again, how close to the real thing AC is. And I can enjoy this after work, 9pm, in my pyjamas...call me a happy camper:D
    sorry for OT...

7. Alanra

Alanra Gamer

Obviously a much misunderstood concept, smooth does not mean without corrections. It's almost smooth is being confused with perfect and as we all know there is no such thing, only in the mind.

If we look at video @SmokingMoon3698 posted, look at the lines not the wheel in the hand, that is being influenced by so many factors, yet the lines are smooth.

I have been told I look smooth, robotic and on rails around Nords by some observing me drive (onboard) yet I am by no means feeling that. I am making adjustments constantly as do many better drivers than me. It's still about corner exit speed and making the transition between braking for the corner and exiting as fast as possible and that tends to be more consistent by being smoother, as when you drive the only thing that really matters are the tyres ultimately and contact on the road.

While many may feel driving style does not influence and there must be a magic...again perfect ... way, this simply isn't true, we all process info and output actions slightly different from each other (and also with emotions we can drive very differently), the common thing I perceive often is ego over learning in many situations when others challenge a time set they have not got near by another. Sometimes and actually me I have to learn the car by experimenting, which mean I make lots of mistakes, but I know what I want to achieve, can I get the car too, if not how can I change my style to allow car to drive the track better. This takes a lot of feel rather than exact science.

A challenge to some that may be interested is take a McLaren Mp4-12C and take it round any track, give it a good 10+ laps of proper practice trying to find ways of getting a PB for that car/track/conditions combo, the try driving it as smooth as you can nice wide and sweeping lines as possible, if you can try to also be in a slightly higher gear than you normally would (2nd ear corner in 3rd) just let it flow. Use throttle to steer too, by regulating input rather than just wheel (or what ever method for steering), so if car is understeering ease of gas, but next time on same cormer try to brake a little earlier to maximize a smooth and fast exit. What have you got to lose? you may find by challenging your habits (and lets be honest we all form them and some are not productive but we convince ourselves otherwise) you get quicker and then the snowball happens and you get quicker every where. Either way your learning and gaining experience.

Smooth = Just better experience of how to do.