1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

It simply had to go....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gandlers, Dec 1, 2016.

1. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Windows 10... you've cooked your goose.
    After its refusal to boot last night saying it has found a problem and was fixing it, then rebooting ad infinitum; I formatted the sh*t out of it... the preverbial bullet to the back of the head!
    So now my Games PC is a large paper weight, I need to go through the misery of installing Windows7 again and years worth of updates, but at least it worked, USB worked reliably, it was an OS designed for a PC not a tablet/phone OS ported to a PC.

Vel, JusTiCe8, vegaguy 5555 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay The AI is simply killing me when exiting the pits in imola. Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game simply quit during racing, without any error message Jun 10, 2019
    Console Lounge Patch 1.15 deleted simply everything Sep 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Patch 1.15 deleted simply everything Sep 12, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SSR] SimplySimRacing.com Ginetta GT4 SuperCup League Mar 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Simply want to say thank you Kunos! Sep 24, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Acservermanager.exe simply won't open. Aug 25, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Simply not loud enough? Feb 18, 2014

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sorry to hear. Using W10 on my simrig for year and a half with no issues.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Dont you just install the latest 'updated' updates when you reinstall a OS? :p Have you tried Windows 8.1 with classic shell? That was fine imo. I never use my PC to other things than gaming and spaming this forum so how the OS looks is not that big of a deal. With that said Im happy with Windows 10. Do you have a fresh benchmark of AC? Would be nice to see if theres any difference performance wise with 10 and 7.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Updated a few PCs/Laptops to WinX, but I did not like the GUI, Cortana, remote telemetry more clicks added to the usual places blah blah blah. I did like the touchscreen interface but the rest was not what I wanted or needed. I reinstalled Win7 after using WinX for less than a day on my own PC. Most people seem to like it after getting used to it, but was not for me.

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

It never even came. :D

7. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Strange, lots of complaining about W10 lately.
    I've been on W10 3 days after the release, not a single crash, stutter, bug or BSOD since then.
    And yes, the computer is being used heavily (work, gaming, streaming with plex) so it's basically in use 10 hours a day.

8. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I didn't even upgrade during the free period, don't trust the bastards anymore. :)
    W7 works perfectly fine with everything out there, and there's no auto update misery or big brother recommending me stuff neither.

Vel, F2kSel, JusTiCe8 and 2 others like this.
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

On my PC - only used for sim-racing, W10Pro is working now, finally.

But with the anniversary update, almost EVERYTHING was messed up and it took me several days to get everything working again.
    Just a few examples:
    - 5.1 surround was gone
    - only the central screen of my triple setup worked
    - DSD button box was not recognized
    - Joy2Key did not work
    - Fanatec property page did not work
    - Fanatec CSS SQ only worked in SQ mode
    - Fanaleds did not work
    - AC - RR - AMS refused to start, pCars was the only thing that worked
    There is a lot more on this list, this are only the sim related issues I had.

I now disabled the auto updater for Win...
    I just love Microsoft.... :mad:

10. Buggi

Buggi Racer

win 7...win

11. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I'm on Win 10 Pro, and don't have any significant issues.

12. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

If it ain't broke, don't fix upgrade it.

JusTiCe8, katikomer, Horus and 7 others like this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@kofotsjanne - i took advantage of the free upgrade incase im forced to use it later on. For now i dual boot and leave win 10 to collect dust.. in regards to performance i saw no icrease or decrease compared to win 7 and i ran the same drivers & config...

14. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I just reinstalled Win 7 because of lack of support for my mobo in Win 10 (had memory issues). Will install Win 10 on new build.

I had a lot of problems reinstalling Win 7 though.
    A few tips for you:
    - Download service pack 1 and install it first thing after installing mobo chipset drivers.
    - Update the Windows Update agent: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
    - Install necessary .Net Framework versions
    - Install VC Redist packages. (I had to start Windows in Safe Mode to be able to install one of them though)

gandlers likes this.
  15. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

When for first time I saw that Win10 was firing an auto-download, then auto-install update that I couldn't delay, it definitely confirmed my first visual appearence thoughts (you know : this screen that wants my fingers on it to get it dirty (!))

Hell on me, let's get rid of this fuc#### sh## !!!

Jadonyx likes this.
  16. Alberto Llinares

Alberto Llinares Hardcore Simmer

Weird, never had any issue with W10, and i have been using it since day 1

17. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

18. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Had to do the same with my current PC, wouldn't boot at all after some update (on 2 different occasion)... I suspect something was wrong with the mobo drivers or something like that, so I had to go back to 7. Will definitely try 10 again with my new build, cause you know, who doesnt like a good fresh new hassle. AC seemed to run better on win10 too...

19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Win7 was great... best version I've ever used, and that goes all the way back to 3.1 after finally deciding DOS was obsolete.

Until 10. 10 has been perfection on my machine. Sorry you guys are having issues with it, from my perspective I wouldn't go back to 7 now if you paid me.

8/8.1 can DIAF.

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's interesting, unlike quite a few other people everything worked for me just fine in terms of hardware with Win 10 ever since the first insider previews, which couldn't be said for my experience with 7 through the years (though mainly to do with 3rd party support), and that's one of the main draws and reasons for me to stay with 10. My issues with it are in general the still at times incredibly buggy OS itself, which is in turn something you wouldn't have to deal with in 7. If you experience hardware issues as well then I can only recommend to go back to 7 as long as its still supported. Sooner or later you'll have to deal with it though, as long as you still need a Windows machine.