1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Calypsia6978

Calypsia6978 Rookie

I was just testing a comparison between Assetto Corsa and iRacing, both in VR, did a couple of laps around the Nurburgring 24h track in the BMW Z4 GT3 (got comparable times in both). This was the first time I noticed the mirrors in AC are rendered from the wrong point of view, and now it's really bugging me. I got on iRacing and was looking at the mirrors and saw the reflections moving properly and it was awesome. I know it's possible to render mirrors with a proper reflection from the driver's viewpoint, so I'm just wondering why Assetto Corsa doesn't have the capability apparently.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

3. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I feel the same way after driving IRL or when playing AC after LFS. This is one of those little things which would make AC in VR almost perfect. As far as I know Kunos felt that there are more important things to do before making mirrors better for VR users and while I would really like 3D mirrors, I kind of have to agree.

4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

As far as I understand this is one of the issues caused by the fact that the AC graphics engine was developed before VR kicked in and the mirrors are not rendered as reflections from the driver's POV but as displays of (virtual) cameras. Changing this would require major surgeries to the graphics engine.
    Anyway, I totally agree with you as there are more important things than this. And btw let's celebrate the fact that this way the mirrors are always adjusted right, independent from your seating position. ;-)

paul_wev and mms like this.
  5. MJ911

MJ911 Racer

DaveS78 likes this.
  6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think in terms of visual settings it's mostly down personal preferences and how beefy your system is. I for example have not found the need to use Oculus Tray Tool, and personally prefer the Oculus mode to the OpenVR mode, although I do have a bit performance gain using the latter. I also prefer having shadows. In addition, I don't agree with this guide's approach to fix in-car camera (I don't like most cars' auto-pos camera positions). I still prefer doing it manually by matching my shoulder with the in-game driver's (although if the length of your arms is significantly different from the ing-game driver's, you might need to adjust a bit more).

Since that guide there has been a new GBW suite weather/pp set, and I have been using that. I think it is pretty good.

EDIT: Didn't see you just got your rift. Well most of that guide still applies, but I would recommend that you just try it without going crazy in the details of settings. Your 1080 should handle AC with no problems.

MJ911 and ElPueblo like this.
  7. Hi folks having an issue in vr(occulus). When in cockpit if i move forwards or backwards the whole car mves not just my view , only recently happened have i unclicked something by mistake? thanks:)

8. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

That happens when sensors are not seeing/tracking the hmd

mms and richard thompson like this.
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yep, oculus sensor not being detected properly. Is it plugged in to a USB2 port? I use to run mine in USB2 but after some updates that stopped working so ended up getting a USB3 card

richard thompson likes this.
  10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The only thing while tuning the graphics settings to your system I would also run Oculus in debug mode so that you can see the visual graph on the screen. Use the exe in the debug folder or install oculus tray tool to enable it. C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
    I adjusted my settings till the "system headroom" is in the positive (not red). Once you enable the graph you will see if you're pushing your system too much and loosing frames.
    I don't know why but AWS for me is a bit funny on the eyes, to me AWS feels less smooth.
    If I have the choice I would rather run at 90 frames.
    My graphics card is completely out dated so I am forced to literally run everything on low :(
    Hurry up and release the new graphics cards Nvidia!!!

11. Thanks folks to my stupid amazement i had forgot to plug the sensor back in aftyer installing a new hd lol:oops:

paul_wev likes this.
  12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Scott Mansell spoke highly of VR+AC+Motion (I assume 2 DOF?) recently on Driver61.

mms, Tim Meuris and paul_wev like this.
  13. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Yep, 2dof with scn actuators

14. Hope the triples army dont get too upset :D Glad he never wore gloves , can deal with the racing shoes but all his credibility with me would be gone if the gloves where on:eek:

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What do you have agains gloves? Considering getting some as the current wheel is plastic and gets a bit slippery in longer sessions when driving hard and it would keep suede wheels in good condition

Ernie, Tim Meuris, Blamer and 3 others like this.
  16. I suppose you have a point and just incase your rig blows up and you are dowsed in flames you are protected . That reminds me i must see how much a fire extinguisher is:D

Ricky Reject likes this.
  17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haha, yeah, you certainly don’t need fire proof FIA certified gloves that’s for sure. I’ve been putting in about 12hours a week in to a F2004 for a league season though and I’m getting blisters and stuff on my hands, hence looking at gloves.

Tim Meuris, mms and richard thompson like this.
  18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

After 50,000 miles my car's suede wheel is horrible. Nothing I did to clean it really fixed it and anyway only lasted a few days so I replaced it with a leather one. Yes, you look a dick wearing gloves in a road car or playing a sim but it’s essential for a suede wheel.

paul_wev likes this.
  19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I always wear gloves when I race. The texture of the rim can irritate my skin after awhile or if I get sweaty then my hands start sticking to the wheel. Plus gloves save wear on my rims that have alcantara.

Ernie and Tim Meuris like this.
  20. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I have tried to play ac with my vive. But this time, when I put vive on my head, it still shows the loading screen in my HMD , but it’s showing my head moving in the car on my monitor? After retrying a few times it works ok. I thought that maybe it was the car? But it was the same after changing cars. So tried changing tracks, the same thing. Some cars it works after a few attempts and some cars won’t load in my HMD at all? It was all working fine last time I played it, and was hoping that somebody can let me know what the problem is and how I can resolve this. Thanks for reading. Hopefully it’s not above my head how to fix this. Paul

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.