1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think there may have been an update to Oculus's ASW but I'm not sure.
    I've just spent the day in full online servers with ASW locked on (45fps) and graphics settings:

PPD 1.7
    Anistropic @16,
    AA @4,
    shadows on ultra,
    Default PP on ultra,
    smoke normal,
    Mirror res normal,
    HQ mirror,
    reflection high,
    reflection rendering frequency medium

There is a slight shimmering on letters/numbers and some shadows in the distance but it's butter smooth. Perhaps a bit of blurryness when moving your head quickly (if you're looking for it) but otherwise it's very playable. I think I'll stick with these settings for now as ASW seems to be doing a better job than before, either that or I'm just not noticing the blurryness anymore.

cerebralvortex, Mascot and katikomer like this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

This is what I have been using:

Anistropic @16,
    AA @4,
    shadows on ultra,
    PP overall medium,
    other PP stuff on ultra,
    smoke off,
    Mirror res high,
    HQ mirror,
    reflection low,
    reflection rendering frequency static

I might try reflections on instead of static today and see how smooth the gameplay is.

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I went silly this afternoon since my last post and moved every graphics slider to maximum.
    Still getting a solid 45fps and no blurryness. I'd argue that it's clearer than minimal graphics and 90fps. It certainly looks 100% better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mascot and katikomer like this.
  4. katikomer

katikomer Gamer

Glad to hear I am not the only one. Was never able to turn PP on due a stuttering ASW kicking in but now it’s smooth. I am worried though that now I have cranked everything to a moderate level my poor PC will die pushing itself to the max

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

VR improved my times around Silverstone National by a lot. Here are the times before and after VR:
    Rx7: 1:10.131 became 1:07.305
    Lotus Elise SC: 1:08.274 improved to 1:07.962
    500 AC: 1:09.585 now 1:07.165

The times are nothing to brag about, it's the time gain which is awesome when compared to 2D pancake driving.

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

What was your setup before VR? Triple with correct FOV?

7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

A single 27" screen and 54 deg FOV. I have the spec in my Spoiler sig.

8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Vive Pro - headset only - £800.

F#*k that.

Typer, ChickenPie and mms like this.
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Seems way too much, you can’t use it on its own, need the rest of the sensors and controllers. I’m still hoping for an Oculus refresh, same as current just with higher res, anything else is a bonus

Typer and mms like this.
  10. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

So you would also need two sensors on top what makes 1180€ in total. Are the controllers a must? Yes or no... the price is just crazy!
    What a shame that a Rift 2 won‘t come until 2019..

11. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

I have a question to those of you who are currently running VR with a 1080ti:
    Do you think you have enough performance left to run the extra resolution of the Vive Pro without reducing graphics quality in AC ?

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yes, with a slight reduction in supersampling which wouldn’t be needed as much anyway due to the increased resolution. If you are considering buying a card now I’d hold off as new gen cards should be a month or two away and powerful cards like 1080ti have a fairly long service life so waiting a few months to gain a good bit more performance that you will use for a fair few years is worth it

paul_wev and Cote Dazur like this.
  13. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

Thanks !
    I hope your right with the month or two:)
    Last rumour i heard was late fall till christmas.
    i can't wait that long if the vive pro will arrive in april as promised :D

14. rycil

rycil Simracer

I've just bought a rift. I have a 1080ti. Is there any link that explains how to setup the Rift and Assetto to get the best out of it.
    I remind to read that openvr was a big boost.

Thank you for your help.

Libor Sabrik likes this.
  15. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

@rycil, there's quite a few benchmarks around here on the forum using rift + 1080Ti, including various graphics settings /CPU configs. Do the search. I might have time to point you to it later, but unfortunately not tonight.

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

rycil likes this.
  17. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

So.. in order to run AC with a HTC Vive you simply need the HMD and at least one base for tracking, right? No need for two bases or the controllers right?

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes

CKraegel likes this.
  19. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

One of my bases shut down while driving but I didn't notice since the tracking stayed ok. In the pits I noticed that the car wobbled a bit like a muscle car (it was a GT3 car so no wobble IRL).
    Once or twice I got a grey screen due to looking away from the remaining laser base. It was the one behind me which kept working. Fortunately I could get them up and running again so no mechanical failure yet.

20. rycil

rycil Simracer