1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

That's how I have it.
    With Content Manager you could go up to 8x (but it's very demanding)

rycil likes this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

3. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

My rift has arrived today, installed software, calibrated and started AC....well, absolute stunning experience for about 3 minutes then i've experienced what is motion sickness, it took at least one hour lying in bed to come back to normal. Need to go very carefull with that joy....i think i'll need to alternate rift and triples for a while
    anyway i think is worth all the money

mms likes this.
  4. rycil

rycil Simracer

Your medicine: RHM

paul_wev likes this.
  5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i will try tomorrow...also lock camera to horizon, i need to find the best settings too...will pas the next days setting up the pc and updating the cockpit

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would strongly suggest just taking it easy at first, not driving anything stupid fast or for too long. Let yourself acclimatise a bit instead of instantly looking for the magic insta fix, it will be worth it.

Also disable the artificial g forces in the options so your head motion side to side and forward back is just your own

Ernie and luxxx797 like this.
  7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

And always look where you are going. If the car is sideways turn your head into the direction it is heading (velocity vector). Reduces nausea a lot IMO

Tundra, Ernie, St3fan and 3 others like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

for all new readers: use joy2key and bind ctrl+space to a button on your wheel. This is something i know far to many have missed so i just put it out there. Press it as soon as you've left the setup screen.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  9. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

Good advice but a simpler answer for my G25 that by default has buttons set for Look Left and Look Right is to press both together, that too resets the VR view.

Full_Ninja and victor86 like this.
  10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

It only resets if you are in drive mode though. Sitting in pits it has no effect. I always start my sessions being above the roof of the car since the VR HMD is lying on the seat when I start VR. I then have to look down through the roof to see the small yellow dot move around the mini screen in front of the driver model while I try to click the wheel symbol with my BT remote keyboard. Works ok but awkward.

paul_wev likes this.
  11. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

A slow car around Magione is a good combo to start with, not too much speed so the scenery isn't zipping by and it's flat as a billiard table so you won't get the woozies in your stomach over hills.

luxxx797 likes this.
  12. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Me too , lol, wonder how many others are doing the same, I just put hmd on when I click srart. Like putting your lid on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chksix likes this.
  13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

14. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Yes this. People have a bad habit of looking straight ahead because of monitors subconsciously taught them that. Physically turn your head to look into the apex and stuff like that.

kofotsjanne and paul_wev like this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If you used Ctrl Space, it will place you in the seat even if your still in pit mode.

paul_wev likes this.
  16. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'll double check that next time I drive. Cheers!

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats 2 buttons though. If you use joy2key its only one.

sherpa25 likes this.
  18. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

I heard some can cure it with a beer. ;) try that :p

luxxx797 and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Worked for me ;)

Mike Kadlcak likes this.
  20. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Drink before or after a session?