1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Check out this thread it might help you out, I tried it and it worked for me.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pp-filter-brake-light-glow-editing.46494/

2. What PP settings do you have to have enabled for this brake light mod to work? Just switched on and everything minimum? I'm not bothered about eye candy, I want clear VR, 90fps and brake lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Actually not in a basement, leave it in the room/man-cave w/ all the other gear, and it's the same temp (now around 30C / 76% Humidity!). Actually, no immediate fog, but after several minutes on track, sometimes I notice it, so I'd have to remove the HMD and wipe with a microfiber. Just thought those defoggers might work. Not the 'spit' defoggers:D

Cool! Not sure though if it's caused by air from my nostrils, but I'm guessing it's more of the sweat building on my face inside the HMD. You can imagine 70+% humidity, though I have a fan facing me, the HMD blocks the inside of the face :D

4. detoit

detoit Racer

Just curious, what reflections settings are you using?

Also I've found the type of car the AI is driving can have a massive difference in fps. The BMW 235R cars seem to be incredibly demanding. The tartuus, Xbow, most the lotuses (loti?!) on the other hand don't affect my fps in the same way.

Also turn smoke down to very low. The initial start of the race can be pretty gpu intensive with 20 cars spinning their tires with smoke.

Nathan

sherpa25 likes this.
  5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Hey, reflection quality and resolution was set to low, with the HQ box unchecked. I was testing with the Z4 GT3 and 23 AI. Smoke was also very low.

Are you perhaps getting better results with a similarly spec'd machine?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Static at the lowest resolution, reflection in VR does not make much difference in appearance and the lowest possible setting save a ton of performance.

7. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the pp filter proposed in this thread, and performance did not improve. The issue is not about getting the brake lights visible ( have this with the previous filter and min pp settings), but rather the massive performance hit when enabling pp even with the 'lite' pp filters. Wish there was a way to get the brake lights visible without enabling pp.

sherpa25 likes this.
  8. cc570

cc570 Racer

OMG. Why did I wait so long.

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am glad to read that, you are here now, that is all that counts.:)

10. detoit

detoit Racer

My machine is a bit more robust. I am also now exclusively using openVR. Once they implemented that I no longer use my old pp filter. I use the original default and bump up the lit lights in the game again. Just so I can see the brake lights in the distance as people go into turns.. Sorry I can't help.. I will say back when I was using a oculus the brake light pp filer kept me at 90 fps and simply switching back to the default I would get stutters with AI..

nathan

jaxx_za likes this.
  11. Does openVR run better than Oculus VR in AC?

12. detoit

detoit Racer

I stopped using a oculus awhile ago - I'm on a vive now, so sadly I can't tell ya

NathanW

WillyMcFlapper likes this.
  13. Do you think the Vive is better? Why did you change?

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Detoit has a review of both few posts/pages back.

detoit likes this.
  15. detoit

detoit Racer

St3fan likes this.
  16. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I run PP at the lowest quality setting with x2 AA, and maintain 90 fps just fine, and still have a little headroom on the GPU. To me, the difference between low PP and high PP was negligible.

17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Can you confirm whats your PPD, and the CPU/GPU you are running pls?

18. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Pixel density is 1.4, with high/med detail settings. The CPU and GPU are in my sig.

I've run density as high as 2.3 with med PP and AA, but it triggers ATW and runs at 45 fps. It also puts some serious stress on the GPU, leaving absolutely no performance overhead in the Oculus debug tool. I didn't like that.

jaxx_za likes this.
  19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Yesterday I tried out a Fanatec Xbox One bundle at a friend's place on his curved triple monitor setup with PCars and AC. I always wanted to upgrade my G27 to a Fanatec setup, but eventually my savings went for the Oculus Rift. After I tried out his wheel and pedals, I really think the Rift is of better value for me. Maybe the FFB of his wheel has not been optimized, but I really don't feel that there is any tremendous improvement over my G27. The gear knocking sound on the G27 is bad, the shift paddles on the Fanatec feel high quality, but the general FFB feels good enough for me on the G27. In addition to that, my G27 has the GTEye brake spring on it, the stock brake spring in the clutch, and the stock clutch spring in the throttle. I really don't feel that the Fanatec pedals are miles ahead in terms of feeling. The G27 clutch and gas feel more natural to me, and although I have much better consistency using the Fanatec brake pedal, I don't see myself willing to invest that much money upgrading my G27 pedals. The H shifter feels like a much much more solid build than the G27 toy shifter, but its travel, its clicking sound, and its resistance force do not feel a lot closer to my real car than the G27.

Anyway I really think that Oculus Rift is a better simracing investment at the moment than a better set of wheels. I think my savings toward my next simracing upgrade would be either motion platform or butt kickers. BTW the butt kickers setup seems to be much more expensive than I thought! How much do you guys spent on your butt kickers setup? Any resources/tutorials I should look into? Thanks in advance.

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

$ 169.00, how much did you think it was?
    That is all it costed me, as I use it just connected to sound and it does well as far as I am concerned.
    You can always add simvibe later on, if you have the cash or think it is money well spent.
    https://www.buttkickergear.com/ButtKicker_Gamer2_p/bk-gr.htm

[​IMG]
    I have a Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and I am very happy with it and also happy with the CSR elite pedals, with load cell brake, but I agree, I would rather use my lesser DFGT wheel, that I still own with VR than my Fanatec gears with a monitor. The immersion and sensation while driving in VR is much more than any wheel, even DD, can compensate for. The suggestion in VR is so strong, that you get convinced that you are holding the wheel you see in the game. A F1 wheel feels like a F1 wheel and same for a Vintage, no need to switch the wheel on the wheel base.:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    St3fan, mms, DaveS78 and 2 others like this.