1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I upgraded to a 1070.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Nice upgrade ...Not sure you'll see a major improvement , think cpu plays a major part. Am running a 2700k @ 4.2ghz and can see am really pushing it and not much diff compared to my gtx 780.
    Need to upgrade motherboard and ram to go to 4th or 5th gen cpu.

Regardless i'll pushing my pc like a slave driver.

Sim racing and VR makes sense.

Tim Meuris and Cote Dazur like this.
  3. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

To my surprise I saw a significant improvement when upgrading from a 970 to a 1070. For CPU I'm using a 2500k @ 3.9

I used to have frequent short stutters, about 2 or 3 per lap. This was completely gone with the 1070.

So I'm still on the old 2500k. That thing just won't give up.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What settings are you able to use with a 1070?

5. Turk

Turk Alien

That sounds pretty similar to my setup except I have the 2600K. The motherboard has an easy overclock option in the bios but I think the last time I tried it the overclock wouldn't take. I didn't really know what I was doing and for the most part CPU has never been an issue so I left it.

I'm certainly seeing some stuttering and CPU warnings. So I'll have to go back and try and overclock this CPU at some point soon.

6. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Not home at the moment but I can look it up later.

But my settings don't work for many people. I have most things pretty high or maxed, and pixel per display at 1.5 I think. Everything runs at 45 fps and that is perfect for me. I know there are people who cant play below 90 fps, but since the timewarp-thingy (or what was it?) got improved I have no issues at all at 45 FPS. Only at race start with full grid of AI I run into trouble, but I rarely do that.

Also I've never seen tearing in my 25+ years of gaming, so, well, according to some people I must be blind. Just so you know where I'm coming from ;).

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I thought u used settings so u could have 90fps. :) I think id be good with 45fps too but im using a dk2 and that only gives me 37.5 fps with asw so trying to stay at 75 all the time.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am using a dk2 and that only gives me 37.5 fps with asw and pixel per display at 1.5.
    I am perfectly happy with it because it allows me to use PP, which gives me brake lights and overall better graphics.

9. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

My current settings for GTX970 (just grabbed from sig), i use these all the time and dont notice any issues with large grids:
    GFX Settings (VR - ASW): http://pastebin.com/RDQjhXbu (PPD 1.4)
    G-force: Lat: 0.4, Vert: 0.1, Long: 0.4 ,Camera Shake: 0.2. RHM: 10 min angle for pitch and 90% filter for pitch and roll

If i had a 1070 id probably increase AA to 4x and shadows, and then hope they implement SMP so that the load would be reduced enough that maybe could ditch ASW and get 90fps.

Tim Meuris and Dean Ogurek like this.
  10. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

I've got:

-PP on
    -Pixel per display in oculus.ini = 1.5
    and then everything maxed except the following :
    -AA samples 2x
    -High Quality mirror reflection is turned off
    -Reflection quality low
    -Reflection rendering frequency low

Since I notice the low reflection rendering quality, I turned it to medium just now. No thought has gone into these settings, it works for me.

11. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Damn you OP! After reading mixed reports about VR, I decided to go the cheaper option and got a nice triple screen 75hz freesync setup about 6 months ago. It's really great and smooth, but now you have me wanting to get a Oculus and my wife's gonna kill me if I do!

Chris likes this.
  12. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I just got mine up and running yesterday, spent a lot of the time experiencing VR with various demos/titles and seeing family member reactions. The WOW is, indeed really good, very enjoyable and it's surprising how little it weighs. No comfort issues for me and only very mild motion sickness but going to see how I continue to come to terms with the image quality. Thanks to people here and over at RD forums.

GTX 1070 / i7 6700 @4.6GHz

[​IMG]

Not ready yet to give my proper opinions with plenty of time in Assetto Corsa as its too early.
    I have tried some recommend settings and increasing the quality of effects.
    Surely much of this is down to also the number of cars you are racing alongside or possibly some tracks or parts of tracks being more demanding? Oh well, those of you with more experience will be aware of these factors and can maybe shed more info?

I have installed and use the tray tool, varying between 1.5 and 2.0
    What I do find racing with only 5 other opponents thus far is that settings can be set high both in-game with some PP and using the tray tool to fix at 45FPS.

I personally need to do more comparisons with PP off and options lowered with more opponent cars, to compare with 90fps to see what feels better or is more enjoyable yet visually acceptable/pleasing.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Have fun with your new toy and welcome in the VR world. For me it was a gamechanger although I already had 3D vision surround (triple monitors). I need constant 90 FPS to NOT get motion-sickness, but everyone is different. A lot of people can enjoy 45 FPS...

Mr Latte and mms like this.
  14. mms

mms Alien

Just a clarification, with ASW you'll get the 90 FPS in the headset (the game outputs at 45 FPS), the rift will insert the missing frame, the disadvantage is that it might introduce artifacts.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Chris

Chris Racer

Just keep saving those pennies. You're going to have to get one eventually, I'm convinced that VR will rule sims in the short future. If you want to wait until a higher resolution HMD comes out, that's up to you. Just know, resistance is futile...

:)

Cote Dazur and morpwr69 like this.
  16. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

It would be worth the beating...;)

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I finally got my clubsport wheel all set up, it's really increased the immersion even more. It's in a different league altogether from the forza wheel I came from (which was probably pretty broken towards the end). I wasn't expecting it to be so smooth having a belt system, but I can't feel the mechanics of it at all, it all feels very natural.

I can see now how adding motion to the seat would make things even better now.

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Yeah, I tried ASW. I still feel a big difference between 45 and 90 FPS... So for me it has to be 90 FPS, even if this means that I can't use full grid (despite my good hardware).

bondyboy likes this.
  19. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Potentially. But maybe not. Motion rigs, especially consumer available ones or DIY setups, are not necessarily all they're cracked up to be with very jerky and unnatural motions. I can actually imagine it has the possibility of hurting the experience when everything else feels so real.

20. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

I think its down to individuals perceptions.
    So far most of my time in AC has been with 45 FPS being forced by the Oculus Tray Tool, even though its 50% lower frames it's constant and not jumping around for me (even with limited VR mileage) things seem fine.
    I've spent more time so far with AC this way.