1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Lack of Communication/Honesty

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At this point the lack of communication is horrendous. There have been so many bugs reported in this forum and the bug reports forum that have not been acknowledged at all and that are clear bugs and problems.

In the bug report forum, the sticky says that once the bug has been made aware to the dev team, you would mark "reported" next to the thread. There are threads that date back from November and not a SINGLE thread has been marked "reported."

Now the next update has been announced and literally none of the issues being complained about on these forums have been addressed once again (button mapping, missing setup options, online glitches, etc.)

I enjoy this game, as I've said many times before, but how can one overlook this lack of communication and the empty promises? We were told after the Porsche Pack 2 there will be more consistency between PC and console release dates and Porsche pack 3 has taken even longer to release than 2. PC has had it for a month and a half.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    paul_wev and svenvangent like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game shuting down after black screen when launch May 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering and black screens Apr 9, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Lack of BOM in server results files Feb 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from Touge Life 3 Sep 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Black screen crash [Resolved by restored OS installation] Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer 1.8.16 hotfix - Severe lack of servers after update Jul 6, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lack of in game information is off putting May 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Vr mirrored screen black May 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Customer support - or lack thereof! May 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Black mirrors in replay Mar 27, 2022

3. Horus

Horus Alien

LOL Very good. You get an update and the whining starts straight away. Calm down child everything in time.

P.S. Kunos usually give more than they tell, so I would hold back from the dummy spitting and rattle chucking till the update is released.

paul_wev, regingz and SlimCharles like this.
  4. Wow you're something. Come in just to talk ****? That's pathetic.

paul_wev and Traks1 like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Takes one to know one. :p Now calm down and wait for the update, or go and play something else.

regingz likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm with you, on the pc side of things.
    But our console buddies have a well pointed thing here! All complaints, on the console side, are valid.
    Imagine the outrage, if this policy would swap into the pc side of development.
    I can vigorously imagine the posts, that would comment things, in the chit chat room! ....
    Remember, Kunos is not what it used to be in early access.
    See the things as they are, and don't follow an outdated propaganda.
    Peace.

paul_wev, L2D_Gopher and svenvangent like this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

As you know there are issues on the PC side and if an update is posted as coming do you see a bunch of threads going up about this and that that need fixing instantly? You also know that Kunos never tell you everything that they have worked on and as such you get a little surprise once you fire it up. If Kunos spent their time replying to the 'which bugs have been fixed' they would never get anything done. My point is that the whining started by some nearly as soon as hearing there is an update and not waiting for it to go live.

P.S. They never told us a thing all that would happen is a tag would change from issue to 'Known'. 'As Designed' etc etc we never got a full detailed definition of what they were fixing until the updates were released. So nothing has changed there. It makes it far more interesting. :)

8. Dude I've seen you post and you're always ragging on someone for no reason. You've clearly got issues unrelated to anything here that you seem to want to take out on us. If you're no help, then please just move on and leave us alone.

Thank you! I don't think I'm being unreasonable. The thing that tipped me over was if you look in the sticky thread of the Bug Report section, it clearly says that thread will be marked "REPORTED" as they are made aware to the dev team. I scrolled all the way to the last page of bug reports and literally NONE of them had been marked "REPORTED." What can someone derive from that other than dishonesty or lack of appropriate concern?

paul_wev, svenvangent and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, that's a thing with the "now and all" generation.
    But, I think, I made some points, too. And this, not listening to a part of your community, is not healthful.

Horus likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

12. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Unfortunately, we're going to lock this thread due to argumentative behavior between community members.

Regarding the bug reporting system, we're currently working with our Customer Support team to introduce a more effective way of reporting issues to the team. From day one, we've said we do not offer console CS here on the forums as we have a team dedicated to looking after player issues, using a ticketing system that we have in place. However, due to community feedback, we wanted to give you guys the opportunity to tell us about issues here on the forums so we have an overview on what issues may be arising. As a result, last week, we opened a new sub-forum for you guys to tell us about any bugs you're experiencing.

Right now, we're currently working on moving across bugs which have been reported in our Console Lounge, PS4 and Xbox One discussions over to the dedicated sub-forum so we can organize them and mark them as and when required.

As for the Porsche Packs, we're being open and honest with you guys! Please understand that sometimes, issues arise unexpectedly and they take time to sort. Trust us when we say, we'd absolutely love to just be able to press a button and make things happen but unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Things take time and occasionally, delays occur :(

The last thing we want to see is our community upset... Be rest assured!

paul_wev, regingz, Quffy and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.