1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

LaFerrari vs P1 vs 918

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seanspeed, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

@Tacoscent reading your comments about the unofficial no TC club, I started doing the same, by disabling in the assists option before entering the track, since with factory assist I always just leave it on and don't bother every time to turn it off. But now, I just gotta accept all cars come with no TC :)
    I thought I couldn't drive the super and hyper cars without it, but I can, despite some spins to the wall, is more rewarding and the rear is quite planted, you just need to have some faith.
    In fact that's how I drove in early access, because then only abs factory assist worked on all cars, and tc factory was the same as off unless you forced on.

Tacoscent and Seria17hri11er like this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i didnt realise when i tried to make a comparison the other day but someone said last night the Porsche has MGU modes. in default mode do you get full beans when you hold the KERS button? I'll have to try the other modes but i like the way it was as default. The KERS button should say "push for more understeer"

3. gregack

gregack Racer

Meh, a little TC especially in the LaFerrari (4/4) is pretty helpful sometimes imo. It doesn't interfere "medium" drifts but kind of warns you when you've overdone it.

4. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

All three cars with default setups
    P1 and 918 felt like they need some adjustments.
    Ferrari is the easiest to drive with porche to come second. It seemed that both can reach peak times fast.
    P1 one the other hand.. well... even with a much faster time then the other two, it gave me the impresion that i can do much better and i never felt comfortable driving it. It's hard and untenable. One thing that's realy impresive on this car is the braking. Oh man.. It feels like it uses some kind of parachute or anchor lol

Edit: I can't make the image larger and it looks blurry.
    Monza
    LaFerrari: 1.50.077
    918 : 1.50.068
    P1 : 1.48.599

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Second test with TC OFF.
    Monza
    LaFerrari: 1.48.738
    918: 1.49.217
    P1: 1.48.713

Clearly LaFerrari and 918 benefited a lot byturning off TC with LaFerrari gaining the most advantage.
    P1 on the other hand gave me a hard time. It made the car more difficult then it already is to drive. I didn't even manage to catch my previous time with TC on factory. Well i think this should be a good thing as it shows that factory settings of this car are implemented the right way and that is to improve lap times. On the other two cars it seems that it is implemented just to make the cars easier and safer to drive.
    Oh.. i forgot to mention that all lap times i did was without the use of DRS on P1.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can drive them either way, no issues running them with tc off and setting good lap times. They would likely be a bit boring with tc on but I dont know as I havent tried. I didnt think these were 2002 F1 cars either. Some people simply cant handle the power and so need tc, others enjoy the challenge and have enough feel in the right foot to control the wheelspin and use it to their advantage. :D

I did test the 3 of them at Imola, no perfect lap in either of the cars but the P1 has a slight edge here for me. Just turns in so well and even though its down on top speed to the Laferrari it sets the quickest time of the 3. The 918 being the heaviest of the bunch needs a bit more time to slow down but out of slower corners it kills the other so would likely be the fastest around a tighter track with no real long straights.

upload_2016-10-31_0-9-54.png

Tops speeds on these laps
    918 297 kmh
    LaFerrari 315kmh
    P1 305kmh

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Either tyres really dont make much difference, they are the same type for each car. HR is just a little slower, Trofeo is more track specific so if I was to take one to the shops id use the HR tyres but if I wanted to see how fast they can get around a track Id use the Trofeo's and can also run the HR to see how quickly I could get to the shops if I needed to buy some crap I dont need in a big hurry. ;)

snyperal and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. Well said. I didn't even realize that earlier as it has been quite awhile since I drove the P1.

9. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Wait, so the 918 has a KERS system I need to manually control? I didn't realize this. Figured it was like the LaFerrari and just automatically meted out the power.

10. I can't be bothered with KERS or DRS.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

unless it just increases placebo by about 10000x something happens when you press kers. the battery life bar changes colour, the car feels like it speeds up and if your turning it understeers more. pretty sure its giving more power to the front via the electric motors.

12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

My lord i cant wait for the Egg to make its presence felt.

Red Or Dead and agrip 2 like this.
  13. [​IMG]

nate likes this.
  14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Koenig's egg.

snyperal, D1visor and Seria17hri11er like this.
  15. Seanspeed

16. Dunno. @jsTrecu what is the default mode?

17. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Race Mode is default one, even when you launch a hotlap session.

18. Seanspeed

Cheers.

I suppose that means during longer races, it'll be fairly important to change to Sport mode every once in a while just to ensure the ability to overtake/defend on the straights? I honestly cant really manage that. It's hard for me to reach my keyboard during races, much less hit CTRL *plus* another key.

It's quite cool this is implemented, though. And nice work gathering all the info.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

So nothing happens when you press the KERS button? if so i need to be sectioned :(