1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Learning to drive...fast!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Dave53, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Haha very funny:) the problem at the moment is the other drivers hit my motor too much so I'm fine with the AI until some private lobbies show up

2. Not to drag this on, I seen your additional posts after this one and we all seem to be in agreement.

I just want to say, even if, in your first post you said:

"When you just want to get better lap times, you only need to watch a few YT videos, because the most driving improvement will come from hitting the apex right, using the correct braking point."

I really don't see any value or point to posting that. My perception is that you thought I'm stating to everyone here that "if you really want to learn to go fast, you have to read."

When all I said was:

YT videos are a resource, books are a resource, websites like this - http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/shocktune1.html - are a resource. The user/forum reader is clearly free to choose what resources they would like to use to better their skills, and how serious they want to take the simulation/game.

Key takeaway: take posts exactly as how they are written.

BistoKid and Skemekos123 like this.
  3. dawg

dawg Racer

Already said you were right, mate. You even quoted it. ;)

4. xtro

xtro Gamer

So far what impresses me the most in that game is that its so precise that I dont need to use driving lines anymore. Trying to beat the 7' mark on the nord. I did 7:04 yesterday. Broke a good sweat ... nearly lost it at 3:22

Seria17hri11er, Dave53 and BistoKid like this.
  5. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

You are definitely right, laser scanned tracks, accurate FFB and great physics are wonderful in this game.

I have, since early on in PCars considered that having the racing line on actually hindered you. I immediately turned off the racing line in AC and would do for any future racer. Learn the tracks, use markers for braking, watch YouTube of sim racers as well as real racing and I think this becomes more important than trying to follow an ugly looking line around the track.

I am certainly not the quickest but I know that I am learning and getting better each time!

6. xtro

xtro Gamer

Another thing that's pretty amazing is how much you can feel the handling difference by tweaking slightly the cars setup.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I have to trust you on that my friend, all too confusing for me at the moment but I intend to learn!

Dave53 likes this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It takes a very consistent drive to clearly identify what's changed due to setup or to variations in your driving.
    First you should build your speed and be able to run consistently consecutive laps on the limit before even thinking of touching the setup screen.
    Do otherwise and drown in confusion. ;)

9. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Well said, brilliant game, 54 yrs myself and been gaming many years, just gone and purchased a playseat challenge, thrustmaster T150 (upgrade to t300rs shortly), th8a shifter and t3pa pedals because of this game although still drive like im towing a caravan, I've even ordered PlayStation vr hoping for vr support on here, who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

10. dawg

dawg Racer

Yeah, indeed.

I was messing with the Ferrari 458 GT2 setup, and immediately shaved off a second from my time. Don't understand everything yet, but I will. Genuinely proud of my first setup, I must say. Saved it of course. :)

Dave53 likes this.
  11. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I also bought the playseat challenge, and I am finding it great! I am using it with a Logitech G29.

BistoKid likes this.
  12. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Nice lap there! A noticed a couple of 'moments' ;)

xtro likes this.
  13. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Ok so a couple of years older but nice to see that us old duffers still take gaming seriously and are still passionate about it!

Towing the caravan, highly entertaining, I know what you mean especially when the aliens have landed on the track!

I am there too with the VR, pre-ordered in March and praying for AC VR... what a trip!!

Seria17hri11er and Dave53 like this.
  14. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Wise words and will certainly heed them! Whilst I want to be competitive and have an optimally tuned car, I am having so much fun, with a few frustrated tears learning with a stock car.

Dave53 likes this.
  15. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Yep...still taking it seriously!! Gaming started with our generation...the 'kids' inherited it from us!

xtro, dawg and BistoKid like this.
  16. huzzellio

huzzellio Racer

First time poster here and felt compelled to write after concurring with the opening poster. I've been gaming since 1985 (game of Pitstop anyone?), and have done my fair share of 'sims' including Gran Turismo and Project Cars.

The first thing that strikes me it how I've had to completely unlearn how I've driven other sim racers. Driving this like GT or Project Cars just doesn't work, it's sandtraps all the way doing this. This game seems to be all about delicately turning it and caressing the throttle. It's about braking gently, not locking the wheels, being slow into the bends and fast out, but one false squeeze of the throttle will put you spin.

This is easily the trickiest driving game I've ever played, but I love it! Okay, the presentation is off, the graphics are just passable, but when I nail a half decent lap I don't care about any of that, it's pure driving. It's just a shame I only have a controller to enjoy it with but I've become a little smoother.

It's a rough diamond.

Partaking in geekery since 1985

17. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

So true regarding driving styles, I think I was too aggressive in PCars, that does not cut it here. So I agree this is like driving my car for real, you have to respect both car and road surface and drive as smoothly as possible. It's tough and I am still making mistakes but perhaps not as many!

GoPro see you the track Huzzellio!

Dave53 and huzzellio like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I bet with that attitude you're in the wheel owners club shortly. It's a game changer. Look for a good deal at for example eBay. I bought my first two ffb wheels used and had no problem at all. For 50€ you should be in the park. ;)

19. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

That was meant to be "Hope to see you on the track Huzzellio!"... damn autocorrect!

I have got to agree with Ace, a wheel is going to make this feel sooo much better. T150 is at a fair price even new, can always update at a later stage... it will be worth it whatever you choose!

huzzellio and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. dawg

dawg Racer

Also agree. Wheel is much better in terms of immersion and realism.