1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I normally run extreme performance street or r comps, but I have driven on slicks a few times.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Generally, Direct-drive refers to systems using a wheel that is in direct contact with the FFB motor shaft; no belts, pulleys or gears driving a secondary shaft. While the CSWv2 is a nice upgrade in FFB wheel from the more common main-stream wheels, it still can't compare to a true Direct-drive FFB steering system in several key aspects. The overall dynamics of DD is something one needs to experience to truly understand why.

When I changed to Direct-drive, it turned my definition of good FFB on it's head pretty quickly. AC FFB was my favorite before DD but, iRacing/rF2/AMS all feel better to me now. It's all subjective so I won't go into all the reasons why but, if you get a chance to try different wheels, you can feel the differences.

3. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

But most people who think FFB is good in the other sims are using much lower end wheels. Not to many have a $2k wheel and even less have a 2k wheel and spend a lot of time in RL on track. I'm far from an expert, but at least I can compare my sim setup and various sims back to back with time driving in real life. Most people seem to be comparing sims only based on other sims. Just because something feels better doesn't mean it's more realistic. Just like people say it's so easy to catch cars in AC. Well it's easy to catch cars IRL too. :) The defining difference is there's a lot of fear and nerves in real life and that has a direct effect on driving performance.

Seria17hri11er and Glaurung like this.
  4. bud01

bud01 Racer

awd *&^*^&

full 590hp in a RWD format

5. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I've changed the thread title to something neutral. iRacing also has an AC discussion thread, and a rather civilized one as far as I remember, let's try and match that.

6. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

capture-20160611-205011.jpg

Nice one ! :)

7. bud01

bud01 Racer

that's really great, this is the year of amazing race simulation with VR, suitable GPU technology, it is looking like Logitech is going to be shipping direct drive wheel.
    I have a lot to learn about good race driving.

2016 summer of love for automobile through virtual reality simulation. Enjoy people these are the promised days reached.

ZethGAF likes this.
  8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Oh, I ment RWD of course :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  9. bud01

bud01 Racer

formula Renault, imola.

Has to be said, love the wing mirror work, beautiful, ability to scope the mirrors MORE than makes for the fairly short head throw? (cv1 in obutto, own stand external for ir tracker)

don't remember any car in AC with mirrors as active as those iracing mirrors, correct me if im wrong, those mirrors balance in just the right spot and narrate jut the right angle depth distance (980ti, hovering around 83fps).

very nice, recommended show piece racing right there.

10. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

What laptime ?

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So is viewing YT your real life track experience, or that's you driving in the official RUF video. ;)

Seria17hri11er and Kyo like this.
  12. D1visor

D1visor Alien

A drove areal car once and mot even close to fast, iracing feels glued to the ground until you push too hard at which point the car's dampers/suspension in general loses it. I tried it for a month and played for less than a week. I also tried RF2 which inferior FFB wise regardless of settings (could be my settings obviously). So I can't compare any of them to rl, but iR makes no sense. Talking about realism without actually driving a race car or street car at the limit is pointless too.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  13. Right. Well one of the "harder" cars to drive in Assetto happens to be the Ferrari F40 Stage 3. Drive it completely stock with full boost (press 0 on your keyboard).
    Second hardest is the 98T. Be sure to drive without aids aswell(Turn TCS, ABS and stability OFF).

Drive those two on the tracks of your choice then get back to me about how much AC is a toy.

However I will say this. Iracing's tracks do kind of blow AC's track out of the water. Sure both are laser scanned and both look realistic but Iracing has a much higher level of detail in the road surface. Iracing's track detail is simply the best you can get in a simulation.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

My "harder" car of choice , would be the Lamborghini Countach .

15. I haven't got the Dreampacks. You should try the F40 a handful at full boost. Short wheelbase doesn't help it. I'd bet it is significantly harder to drive than the Countach.

16. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I was generally happier about the physics in Assetto for about a year ago. I dont know if I have changed or the game. Maybe a little off both. I have one thing
    that I dont like in Assetto and that is the general lack off mass/weigt feel in the cars. It can snapp so fast and the weight can turn in different directions so fast that the
    general feel off mass dont seems to be there. Also the way the suspension behaves (mostly roadcars), its like it has no resistance in the springs combined with the lack off mass feel in the cars.
    And you have the old violent recovery off gripp problem that generates crazy weightshifts in the cars. Assetto have probalably top notch culculated physics but you have to
    translate this to a simulation that lacks many inputs that you have in real life. Sometimes you maybe have to adjust the physics to compensate these parameters but
    still maintain the simulation. I still hold Assetto over Iracing becouse the simulation in
    the limitzone is much better. The tires dont overheat in the way it does in Iracing wich makes you
    a passenger many times instead off a driver. Becouse off this I never feelt confident driving the
    cars in Iracing.

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I don't think anything changed about physics mass in any of the updates in the last year or two, or ever. Where you notice differences in how you move or balance the car is mostly about tyres. Then comes suspensions and aerodynamics. In 1.5 it was updated the yaw sensitivity calculations and aero stalling depending on each aerodynamic surface. This introduced more difficulties in controlling the car when swaying the front end from side to side. While you may manage to catch the car when it oversteered to one side, it becomes more unstable when it goes to the other side. Then you also have the tyres regaining grip suddenly in a recovery/drift and it sends you the other way. This last part of the tyre regaining grip happens more violently since 1.5 and is hard or too hard to recover from or to hold it.

SidewayzShuffle// likes this.
  18. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

PR-IMSA2015 for 3 months for $5 - New members only though.

There is a button you need to bind at the very bottom of the control list called "Reset HMD"

Once you bind and press that button, you're head will be centered around the correct position and you can fine tune it by moving your head and pressing the button again.

Then you will be able to move around the cockpit without the world shifting with you, however you won't be able to go too far... this is a cheat prevention thing by iRacing to stop people making a roof cam, bonnet cam etc. and force you to stay in cockpit view.

ears1991 likes this.
  19. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

There is always free or very cheap offer for new members. I got more than half of the road content and irating to be always on the top split. Being rookie without content is not an option. ;)

The Moose and Rift Racer like this.
  20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Something isn't really right in this sentence.

Also I read someone telling that DD wheel is coming from Logitech, I think you meant Thrustmaster.

Rift Racer likes this.