1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think Vive will let you walk around with sensors placed out in the room so you actually can walk.... to walk in game.

2. ShimSim

ShimSim Gamer

The fact that VR is leading substancially makes me lol. Especially considering how Kunos has treated implementing VR support. It's almost like they want to ignore the obvious, PEOPLE WANT YOUR SIM IN VR. It's BETTER that way.

3. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Err ... do you crash a lot?!

It's the present. I can't remember the last time I played a game on a monitor. I think the real popularity of VR has crept up on people because they believed the '1%' claptrap that was being posted on these forums whenever VR was mentioned. Nobody had any statistics to challenge this, so nobody did. Now I think the story is different.

Or second to .... driving your vehicle on VR with the HTC Vive?! I remember one of my first VR experiences in AC with VR - I ran out of fuel at Imola, on the pit straight, in an online race with lots of different Ferraris in it. I just pulled over by the side, stood up and watched, and listened to all the different cars flying past me. Wow.

I think my wife prefers me in mine.

4. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Oh my goodness, you really need to grow some self esteem and/or learn your girlfriend some manners if she can't accept you wearing a VR HMD.

This is by far the silliest reason I've ever seen for not tapping in to another dimension. Even my parents is all over VR and asks me every day if it's shipping soon so they can come try it out. And I'm 35.

With a gamer girlfriend.

PoisonHeadcrab likes this.
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

nice .. still space and inability to see surrounding could be limmiting .. I thing static position with looking around is enough at this generation of VR (and I don`t wanna be strapped down to that "walking circle thingy" in my living room) .. thats why it is perfect for racing, flying, etc ... well I guess you moving with controler would be kind of immersion braking but it wouls still look cooler than walking with controller and lookng at screen :)

ears likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol, my post was a bit sacastic tbh. GF is perfectly aligned with my hobby...if she wasn't it would actually be an exclusion criterion ;-)

But yeah, it's a bit above my level of nerdiness to wear a VR device and also way too soon. I tend to buy technology reliable and reasonably-priced. Plus I'm super happy with triples...no need to ask for more atm.

7. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

But... Both the Vive and Rift are both reliable and reasonably priced. They cost less than a TV and about the same as triple screen. Or a csw. Much less than a motion rig...

But to each their own.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

How something that isn't out yet can be reliable? o_O
    I thought it has to be around for a (longer) while to prove that.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. I disagree. I use a flight simulator (P3D), and if I want to look around, I just use the hat switch on my joystick. I don't need TrackIR or any fancy VR headgear to do it.

Yes, but he already has the triple screens! If he is very happy with the experience as it is, why spend even more money just because someone says that VR is even better? There are times when good enough really does mean good enough.

Look, I understand the excitement regarding VR. It may very well be the best thing since sliced bread. However, some of us are already enjoying ourselves immensely in Assetto Corsa. I am quite prepared to believe that I would find the VR AC experience to be superior to my single widescreen monitor with "incorrect" FOV :p However, the key here is that I am not looking for an even better experience at the moment. What I have is good enough.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

It has been out with developers and some select enthusiasts for half a year while manufacturing has been going on. And it's the fifth iteration from devkit to what it is today. And the tech is reliable as there is no new inventions, just a new combination of things with alterations made to them. So it's not entirely new technology which means they know what each piece do.

So everything involved has been tested thousands or millions of hours. It's not like it's dropping out of a clear blue sky with zero precedence.

gisen likes this.
  11. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

If you let your GF try VR with the hand controllers, she might be the one not letting you use your HMD because she wants to use it herself. It already happened to people who already have their CV1s, and they don't even have Oculus Touch yet

Yeah, nobody NEEDS VR to play sims, but once you know what a gamechanger it is, you WANT it

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just like with cars, eh? There isn't any rocket science in an average car, the technology used is there for decades. They also are tested for months and once they leave the prototype/testing phase they go to production line. But somehow that doesn't necessarily mean that they are reliable as the life shows later on. Either right after leaving the factory or couple thousands km later.

I don't have anything against VR nor I'm "fed up" that any other option isn't first. I just think that it's too soon for such statement.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  13. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

When you set up the vive you walk around your room and map out your play space esentualy mapping out your own custom holodec ( it does not have to be square)

When playing a game as soon as you get close to the holodec wall it shows a warning outline of your play space/ holodec wall fadded on-top of the game-play, if you then go past that it uses the camera to show you a tron like view of the real world inside of VR using the camera on the front of the vive.

At any point in time with the VIVE you can push a button on the controller to see the "tron" view.

You can of course just play sat in a chair as well :)

Cote Dazur and LeDude83 like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That was pretty much how i have understood it too but nice to get a better explanation about it.

15. ....which is precisely why I prefer not to try it!!! I don't think that some of you are getting my point here. If I tried VR and loved it so much that I had to have it, then suddenly I would have to spend lots more money, and also beg and plead with developers that those games I liked implemented it. I prefer to simply remain ignorant, save my money, and still have a thoroughly enjoyable time!

gandlers, Kyo and sacredaardvark like this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I wish there was a vote to fix the clutch/drivetrain/engine sound... whatever it is that makes accelerating in AC feel very disconnected and sterile. its by far my biggest annoyance with Assetto, and I know it can be done as iRacing have managed it.

Instead I just voted for the non VR option with the highest vote %

ouvert likes this.
  17. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

Well you are lucky if you completely lack the imagination to know how much more fun you would be having in VR vs flat screens. If you had a gamepad you would probably understand how much better it would be to have a steering wheel. VR is a bit harder to imagine but not impossible, I wanted to try it the second I knew it existed. Then again I have more than enough money to afford it, so there's that

I've been waiting for nearly 2 years now without competing waiting for consumer VR because I couldn't enjoy racing on flat screens anymore. Even then, I don't regret VR ruining my ability to enjoy regular simracing, the hype produced by the fact that I know how awesome everything will be when it gets here is more than worth it

Christopher Low likes this.
  18. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

I would like to add a theory. A lot of people got their VR-dreams for 2016 broken when the price of Oculus Rift was revealed. I was a bit angry myself for a few minutes before I decided to order the CV1 anyways.

gisen likes this.
  19. Mike350Z

Mike350Z Rookie

18 months trouble free use on my DK2..... I sold it in december but AFAIK its still going strong.

its essentially a mobile phone screen and a camera, so its hardly new tech. no moving parts so not really much to go wrong.
    CV1/VIVE is a little more complex with 2 screens, so more points of failure... but again, still no moving parts so i do not see why it would not be reliable. I just hope they have a good dead pixel policy.

I totally get why some may want to wait for the next gen, esp those used to 4k.... Though I think the vast majority who experienced DK2 or better find that once you get the bug, it is so hard to go back. gaming on a monitor is just so.................... flat!.

20. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Why so much hatred against VR ?
    Our community lacks a bit of empathy isn't it. But sorry to warn you, the movement is on, it grows, and dinosaurs users will in the end mostly evolve or perish ;p

PoisonHeadcrab and gisen like this.