1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

Wait until you try it, it might surprise you and change your mind

PoisonHeadcrab likes this.
  2. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I do not understand the "pit stop strategy" option. There is already an app that lets you prepare pit stops with different options. And at the end of the day I have not yet seen a race with viable alternative pitstops strategies because the performance gap between tires is so big and the time cost of changing tires is so small.

3. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

My question?
    If you mean on my post ... what is their main priority?
    Is it something that is still missing from their first plan?
    Just a question...

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

doesnt the e92 m3 have 7gears... I know its paddle shift but when was the last time you used 7th in that car?

...ok I just read on from your post, I think mine is probably a little unnecessary

5. As Shakespeare said in gamescon... To VR or not to VR :D

Sent using Tapatalk

6. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Could you imagine a world where Gamepad would be the standard for simracing ?

But you tested the wheel, loved it - damn so much fun – and bought one. Unfortunately the Gamepad mafia guys are like : no need because wheels are expensive, get damaged, tires me, takes too much place in my room, my wife find me stupid behind it ... Let’s favor a features which would benefit as all.

How would you feel ? Here we are.

VR headset is that much of a deal for the one who can afford and accept the (still existing indeed) drawbacks. PC screen suffice but feels stale.

I guess in 3-5 years from now it could be a no-brainer choice (my 2 cents).

The only real question should be : Does Kunos can afford the workload and risks to be an early adopter of VR without cutting in the other features ?

rayuki, kalabaleek, Neawoulf and 4 others like this.
  7. nargorn

nargorn Rookie

@Eldar well spoken!

I started with AC using a standard monitor, then projector, then expensive monitor with 3DVision, which was truly amazing!!

But using the DK2 with AC let me just didn't use my monitor or projector at all for this game.

From now on i could see, how strong the topography of the Nordschleife really is. Something that you never can feel just staring into a flat or 3D Screen.

Therefore VR forever!!

8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I don't get the argument against VR that it is not a future tech and nobody will talk about tomorrow. Doesn't really matter. I would buy VR just for driving AC. And when its implemented you can use it if you want, like others use their triple screens. Most players dont have triple screens. Same with VR. Doesnt matter if triple screens would be a future technology or not, it gives you a better driving experience and thats the reason you want to use it..
    Next thing is, you dont need to have a VR device to vote for VR implementation, because you still dont know which one you should buy because you dont know which one will be implemented and how well will it work.

pika4u likes this.
  9. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

I don't think this is what its about here. There's no question on how cool VR is especially with racing games, and that it will be a future technology which might land in most simracers homes. The question is whether we want to prioritize either this or important core features that are more essential to the driving experience than any other screen technology could ever be.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

10. Voted:
    "Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation". Something I would like to see in AC!

Kopiller and mistery like this.
  11. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Maybe because that app doesn't (and can't) cover the full potential of "pit stop strategy"?
    Some of the options below is what comes to my mind and could add more fun/excitement to eg. league races:
    1. Option for forced tyres/ change tyres as in eg. F1.
    2. Forced max. fuel = xx liters.
    3. Forced pit stop in any race (EDIT: Maybe option to include "xxx+ laps" only) :) ;)
    4. Penalty for crossing the pit lane (the new stuff in Python allows that now I guess?)
    5. Get rid of that #@%%&¤¤#"! "escape to pit" in online races.
    6. Warning light when a car (on track) is about to pass the pit out.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  12. kazereal

kazereal Racer

There's some racing series (STCC, swedish touring car championship, for example?) that don't have many laps in one start but there's requirement to have pitstop and change at least one tyre?
    In second start the top 10 order is reversed similar to WTCC I think.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

ChokDK likes this.
  13. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I hope a lot of what's in this thread isn't about people being AGAINST VR, but people who personally prioritise other features of AC above VR, because they have no immediate plans to get a headset.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who voted false starts who would like to see VR support arrive sooner or later, at a time when any doubts they have about the technology are allayed or the overall cost reduces making obtaining it more viable.

I think VR is too advanced to be called a gimmick now. And I think racing sims stand to benefit more than most other genres should it become affordable and accepted. I think sim racing communities need to be making a concerted effort to help it become established whether or not individuals already own it or have immediate plans to buy it.

There's a real potential for it to revolutionise the way we play.

14. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

Sorry (and I LOVE Swedish touring tracks btw ;) ) - post edited ;)

@ears : I guess there's a "natural fight" to get "my option first" but I totally agree: all options are welcome, I wouldn't mind if the VR people get what they want ;)

15. We have SteamVR/OpenVR that supports a major fraction of the headsets that were anounced. And their support for Oculus is good, they needed 2 days to get from Oculus SDK 0.8 to Oculus SDK 1.3. The downside is that you loose some functions from the OculusSDK majorly Asynchronus Timewarp. Valve did implement interpolation, but it's wonky at the moment if you don't hit the targeted framerate of 90.

At this moment SteamVR supports the Vive, the Rifts and OSVR. FoveVR promised to use Lighthouse and will probably use SteamVR.

16. Dajonaga

Dajonaga Gamer

IMHO

VR development will only satisfy 34-35% of the voters... while every other choice will go to the 100% of the community/customers.

For the record... I'm not against VR, I'm pro VR since Virtuality in the 90's... I'm not a peasant, I can afford it...

Just my 2c...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    gregack and Forestier Mickael like this.
  17. nargorn

nargorn Rookie

Compare this way of thinking with elections and that would be the end of democracy...;-)

The poll has VR as an option, so if anything else might seem more interesting to anyone, he might vote for something else.

Guido Trampe and ears like this.
  18. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

Actually if you read the whole thread you can see a lot questioning

Jebus and sacredaardvark like this.
  19. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

So right now it seems that the community is pretty focused to get a push to the racing aspect of the game.

Apart from VR support and brake temp (driving aspect of the sim, but big impact on races) people is focusing on the racing aspect: false start/engine stall, pit stop strategy and custom championships.

I voted for VR but i can't wait for the incoming patches on that list. Reading some comments i guess some of you guys didn't get the point. I spent tons of hours creating championships and i will really really welcome those additions (as any other before these).

I mean, it's not an àut àut, i just think that VR will bring more benefits to the game popularity in less time.
    Moreover, they clearly stated that all those features will be in the game at some point, so i can only sit and wait.

VR or not VR, our races will be better. Can't understand this harshness...

Guido Trampe likes this.
  20. Dajonaga

Dajonaga Gamer

Fair enough...

Compare this way of thinking with a bunch of people that have drinks and food, and are looking for a way to party hard... and a nation of people that doesn't have water...

In the end this is not a democracy... we're just pretending to be the AC LEAD DEV... What would you focus on?... and why?... There's my answer ... right up there.

Have a good one.-

nargorn likes this.