1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

BAH INCORRECT!!!!!!! 2Dof motion can be had for under 600$ if you can weld and have some material kicking around.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    LeDude83 and Blamer like this.
  2. Please add some dirt / loose surface model to that list :)
    iracing is coming with the dirt stuff for real (unless the april's fool thing lasts 3 days...)

3. Lol, did you argue that a motion rig is more accessible than the expensive VR headsets because a motion rig is $600 if you know how to weld and have the materials sitting around?

(!)

Maybe I'm a filthy casual, but the welding part puts it out of my reach.

4. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

I can't care any less about false starts or stalling the engine. So it's not 100 percent for everybody. Everything is never for everybody.
    obviously talking about off the shelf here :)

5. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I am looking for Brake temp simulation, and brake wear also if possible. Would be nice to add it as an "option" set to false by default, so people would not think the simulation is all broken :D

Abusing the use of brakes is similar to the way a driver can abuse the use tires and pay for than later.

6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

there's always lumber.......

Nothings out of reach with time and effort put in.

7. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

I went for brake temperature.

As cool and immersive as VR is, I think the fundamental simulation aspects should come first. If you've ever thrashed a car for extended periods of time in the real world, especially older cars, the brake fade can be massive.

Also, cold brakes can be equally as horrible.

8. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Hardcore Simmer

pitstop strategy and time race...

I twitted about two months ago, 'Don't allow back to pit and add retire option in MP race' so
    Stefano Casillo said 'I will try to add it as server option :)'

but.. where is that option????? :D

9. Kyo

Kyo Racer

I agree VR is the future and this being only the first generation, the technology will only get better. But my computer is just not ready for it at the moment. :D

10. ONDR4.cz

ONDR4.cz Gamer

So 800 people on this forum alone have a VR kit and a graphics card capable to run AC in such high resolution and FPS? Impressive. Sadly I can't afford that stuff so I went with engine stall as that will hopefully bring more realistic clutch simulation, as well (as Stefano showcased with GT86 at Eau Rouge in one of his streams).
    As for flashing lights, it would be really cool to have working indicators on street cars for the ultimate Touristfahrten experience at Nordschleife and tracks like Lake Louise. Moreover, modern street cars also automatically turn on hazard light under heavy braking (see video) which would be an awesome little detail to see. OK, OK, keep dreaming...

11. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Everyone who is already running full hd triples is in a good performance range for running VR. It's only a matter of how much money you can and would spend for your hobby... I always count it in bucks per hour and with more than 1,000 hours the overall costs for new equipment isn't that much, especially compared to real life racing.

12. Pirhana-A

Pirhana-A Gamer

Dear Stefano,

I don't want to offend you because I like your sim so much that I upgraded my rig to a more expensive than my real car one !
    And I consider you some kind of a coding Genius, following you from your demo to the final build is just incredible !

I voted off course for VR, being for me such a revelation when I first tried the DK2 with LFS... than with AC...
    Giving me so more racing informations like sense of speed, depth, scale... in one word: immersion !
    it's impossible for me now to play anymore on my triple screen...

So I was positively surprised to see this VR suggestion in your poll after all your tweets,
    so like many others I could finally politely vote for something I think will become more and more important.

But let me ask you just one question, can you please answer it honestly (or try):

Are you really personally not convinced by VR ? or is it only a matter of priorities (and messy coding complexity with multiple SDK) ?

and why ? (except resolution/clarity, and perhaps price I don't see any downside...)

I know about your mafia jokes, I know about stupid whinning angry VR people everywhere... but seriously... with all my respect ?
    (you can PM me an answer, I promess I won't say anything.)

Thank's in advance,
    I wish you full succes for the future.

Guido Trampe, norbs, nargorn and 2 others like this.
  13. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I guess VR because that's the thing that excites me most in the future.. Being realistic though my PC could not handle VR nor can I justify the costs.

14. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Hi pirhana,

He in fact already answered this question a few pages before, stating that he found VR underwelming and did bot see him spending a long session wearing it. That is terrible for us :) still not so rare a feedback in this current VR generation though (he used DK2).

Pirhana-A likes this.
  15. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Tired of this war VR not VR .... this was not the purpose of this thread .... so I won't follow it any longer.

Everything's been said about that more than once ... :(

Sure Kunos's team can manage different purposes and progresses at the same time .... and this will make all people with different tastes and wishes ... happy in the future.

VR is of course an important aim for the next future .... but that's not the reason why the rest should remain aside and untouched. ;)

Leagues Admins's server configs and possibilities is also an important thing ... but I don't wish spoiling this thread with our requests.
    So let's take what's coming and hope it will fulfill all wishes of all drivers in different directions. ;)

16. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

None of the options in the list will have a positive impact on every player. None of the options will go to 100% of the community/customers.

Wrong again. None of the options are a fundamental requirement for human existence. Nobody will die if sparks don't start appearing under cars.

nargorn, Robyn and stefanoCasillo like this.
  17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Voted VR support although I won't buy VR device at least this year. I think this can make it easier for Kunos to grab some fast cash so we can have more stuff coming in. Also when you implement other things like brake temp, there will always be people complain it's not realistic, or complain for example Miura and Coutach have "copy-and-paste" brakes.

I don't think engine stall is some "easy" feature. It can be done pretty bad. For examplr if you check PCars, it has engine stall but doesn't have engine start sound, which is just pathetic. I think it might take quite a bit of work to record every car's engine start sound all over and time how long it actually takes them to start, to make the experience really realistic and feels polished. Please don't rush this feature and do it like what SMS has done.

With more and more historic cars coming to the sim IMHO it might be more and more interesting to introduce such features. It might look like an extra and unpleasant burden on the driver, but when people are racing against each other it's a very nice extra challenge. Same can be said about brake temps.

18. Excedrin

Excedrin Rookie

I bought AC specifically for VR, at the time (around 3 years ago?) I supposed that I could simply play any game in VR and didn't realize all the changes needed to support it well.

If I had two votes, I'd vote for pit stop strategy as my #2 option.

Stalling and brake temperature are neat, but rFactor 2 has both and it doesn't add that much to the overall experience.

19. Hi, My vote is for VR , thanks for this great sim :)

20. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

I'm not exactly sure if you can vote without a valid AC license, but the poll was shared on things like the Oculus Reddit, SimRacing reddit, and who knows what else. As someone else also mentioned, VR support will be for only VR users, while the other features will be for everyone.