1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Oh thanks - I've been looking for threads about this poll posted in those places but couldn't find any. Well done for finding them - please could you post links?

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Wasnt me you asked but heres one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4d1d6c/voting_for_assetto_corsa_vr_support/
    This is what one users have typed:
    You dont need to connect your steam account with AC on it to vote apparently.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    xystof likes this.
  3. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Well, TBH I clicked on profiles of some of the people who wrote a post for VR and quite strangely often the have 1 post or 2 posts on forum, something like that...

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, but theres a lot of users registered on the forum and a lot of them have probably not felt the need to type anything but just lurking at most. When there was something they cared about they might have jumped in with their opinion.

Kyo and Mantii like this.
  5. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish Gamer

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, we dont. :/ He do say that he will buy it if they start to support VR. How many of it that is like him we dont know and we dont know how many of the ones voting for VR that have or will buy AC if they do implement it. What we can be pretty sure about is that probably no one would register an account to vote on any of the other alternatives in the poll. :)

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4d0y6g/assetto_corsa_official_poll_on_most_wanted/d1mujje

Not saying the poll is completely skewed. Personally I want VR support too -- while I didn't vote for it and can't justify to buy a VR HMD for these prices so early with the technology still not quite "there" (mainly in regards to resolution and latency as well as PC hardware limitations in regards to performance and frametiming) I want it at least be a long-term goal (and the '1% of the community' argument is something I completely disregard because triple screen support every sim supports is in the same boat). But I think it needs to be accounted for that at least some people voted without owning the game.

8. That's a bit silly. You still have to link your Steam account to get in. Even if you wanted to press the point, discounting the number of votes by 100 or 200 (or 300!) would still indicate a strong interest in supporting VR. I don't think there's controversy in both existing or potential customers saying that they're excited for this.

9. Caylayron

Caylayron Rookie

I voted for VR, have only 2 posts including this one and I am real and owning all AC content ;-) So far I have just been lurking this forum.
    What is "funny" is that on VR sites they push to vote for VR and on other forums they push to vote for anything but VR.
    This topic is probably the most discussed outside this forum.

10. BobTheSpy

BobTheSpy Rookie

I would just like to say that I am also a lurker, and a real AC owner who voted for VR as well! :)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  11. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Confirmation bias. Maybe they should have voting for class of car next? And if people have the indecency to choose open wheelers I will with this logic raise questions of why on earth would you focus on a class of cars I don't use? Why aren't you mad at the console development? That won't help you get closer to stalling your car at the starting line.

12. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Yeah could be also the truth. I also saw profiles of some lads who registered in early 2013 just like me and have all DLCs and still only few posts. Let's be honest - not many grown up guys like us have time to write on some support forum of a computer game... I prefere to write few posts here rather than playing some other game or reading some geopolitical analysis (which would be more profitable to me, let's be honest)...

kazereal, SimDrive and stefanoCasillo like this.
  13. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

Posting on forums eats in to time better spent watching videos of cats falling off stuff.

14. Syndroid

Syndroid Rookie

I'm a lurker and an owner of both AC and a DK2. I always passed by from time to time to see whats new in the mod development section.
    Anyway, I can't get warm with Pcars. That's why I voted here in hope to be able to enjoy AC again in it's VR glory one day.
    AC was one of the few VR apps where I felt presence a few times, even despite the bad headtracking latency in the old SDK integration. ^^

15. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

That, is definitely not one of the issues anymore at all

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's something I said by the way and well yes, I think it is still very much one of the issues and will be for some time. Acceptable and low latency doesn't mean it's where it could be and further advancements in that field will be made. Also, that's not a discussion for this topic. I only said that to reinforce why I merely follow the development instead of owning one just yet.

17. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

DK2 latency was already imperceptible consciously, and only perceived by a number of people subconsciously. CV1 and Vive are below the threshold of human perception, and that's why nobody gets sick anymore using the Vive in roomscale mode

Rift Racer likes this.
  18. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

I choose brake temperature to add to the realism of the simulator. But I think you should be able to deactivate it if you don't want to use it because it will make it harder to drive.
    Don't know what is meant by steerratio. Adjustible ratio if your wheel can't do the revolutions the car can do?
    But I want to buy the Vive so support would be welcome. Without that or triple setup I don't want to join an online race because of not being able to look around you easely to avoid driving into others or blocking others. With it I would value the racebased options more.
    These are selfish choises of course. If I would be a developer for real, and the items don't have a direct connection to each other, I think I would pick what would be the easiest first to get that of the list.

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I politely disagree, but hey, what do I know. Either way, not the place to discuss this. So have your way.

20. nargorn

nargorn Rookie

And as a few people mentioned: the small enhancements are small enhancements but VR is a big one. Why not enhance something that makes a huge difference to the experience instead of fine detail work.
    I think a lot of this discussions would not happen when everybody had experienced VR on his own. I am sure that is not the case.

Let's do another poll when AC is patched VR ready and everybody made the experience with a modern HMD.

Rift Racer and JO_DA_W.E.I.R.D. like this.