1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am just gutted that I don't have the financial resources to offer you a figure with "at least six zeros" to help you out with your task ;)

Epistolarius likes this.
  2. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

Well that was a rollercoaster. While I expected VR to win I did not think false starts would be close at all. So in that regard it was an eye opener for me.

You have to love the interwebz sometimes.

Kunos says everything will be coming.
    A massive 70 page debate kicks off. And at the end Kunos says everything will be coming. :cool:

nosebruise likes this.
  3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

lol how epic ^^ start such a poll, watching the community struggle with their choice and fight for their favorites and then: hey chill guys, already working on it :D:D:D

William Sebastian and TTM like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

I see how VR is important, but those votes seem a little high in comparison to the amount of people that currently own/will buy a headset. Still good to see Team Kunos asking the community, thanks guys.

5. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I think the poll was about influencing the order in which it happens. But hey, what do I know, I just look at words and process them.

ears1991 likes this.
  6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You think 1,200 votes are high?

There are no official absolut numbers, but again for comparision:
    - 15,000 Vive units were sold in the first 10 minutes of preorder (official statement)
    - Oculus Rift pre order sold out in 14 minutes (official statement)
    (- Rift Development Kits: more than 175,000 items sold (official statement))

There are a lot of rumors going around, but I think you can count at least with 200,000+ VR headsets (without development kits) being on the heads of gamers next month.

Baj, kalabaleek, Dean Ogurek and 5 others like this.
  7. tabis

tabis Simracer

:)

8. Horus

Horus Alien

How many PC's are there in the world, how many sold in the past year, what type of percent bought VR as well? I think you will find your numbers of take up on VR is very very very small (much like 3D TV take up). Hey! I still want one (Vive more than OR), but I see no need to panda to such a small minority. I bet there are far more people playing with Microsoft wheels than with VR. I am not flaming/trolling only being a realist.

9. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

You're not trolling but you're not being a realist either.

Sim racing is niche. You release a sim racing game, your potential market is limited.

However, HMD owners are looking for experiences, and AC is right up there. Driving / racing suits VR. It's an experience. So AC's potential market widens with VR, to people who own headsets and want the driving experience in the headset, but otherwise, if they just had a monitor, probably wouldn't be interested.

10. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Although AC sold almost 300k units (SteamSpy, Graphs & Spy tab), in the last 6 months you can see an average of nearly 2k daily owners playing it, so 4800 votes - 25% of those for VR - in this poll don't seem to me that little number, I could say they cover the playing base of the game.

11. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I voted Custom championships, because 95% of my playtime = offline.
    Also i'm too lazy to create my own, and the modded custom carrières that i tried didn't work, or need a bunch of track's and car's i don't want to download. :)

I also want all the other options.
    And they are all in development yay!
    Good times:D

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  12. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

The difference here is, the number of people enjoying VR will just go up. We are at the lowest numbers right now as it has just launched, but as the early adopters show other people, they get demo stations out there, etc, the number of converts will exponentially grow. Not everybody will go out and buy one right now because of price, but many will and the rest will jump in when the prices come down as they will already know how awesome it is

If VR survives first gen (and I'm pretty sure it will), it will snowball in less than 10 years

ears1991 likes this.
  13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

We have 5,000 votes in this poll, which means from steam stats numbers less then 10% of the current playerbase over the last 2 weeks. I would say the majority of voters is the more passionated AC gamer and a lot of them already spending a couple of bucks for immersion (wheel, pc, triples, whatever), so the vote result isn't so much surprising to me. Because we (and other cockpit oriented games like flight sims) are the number 1 audience for the easiest VR immersion, we need no special controllers, we need no new game types, we don't need to be persuaded how much more immersion is worth it.

But yeah the finest thing about numbers and statistics is that you can put them into each direction until they proof your own opinion ^^ Some would say "nice and clear result", others would say "only 5k of 50k players voted, so only 2% want VR". The problem is only that the second group takes this argument without seeing that it also applies for all other points in this vote.

And my personal opinion is that when I take the vote participation and going the other way: 1,2k of 5k people => 12k of 50k people
    I have really no doubt that we could have more then 10k glad AC players playing with a VR headset in a couple of weeks, when I think about all the crazy guys I already met in the AC community where my triple screen setup and little rig is a toy compared to theirs.

kalabaleek likes this.
  14. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

I'll place my order for a CV1 or Vive once it's implemented and the bugs are worked out. Can't wait.:)

William Sebastian and Horus like this.
  15. Horus

Horus Alien

It would be good to see how many people really own a VR headset voted compared to those that voted because they want a HMD. It matters little to me as I know I will own one in the distant future but other game functions also help VR as much as the rest of us. So really all I am saying is what is the point spending such an immense amount of time to do something that will only be experienced by a very few people with so much work needed?

I say again I WANT VR support but I know it is not as important as other features that impact the game for all of us.

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys, the word "sample" , means anything to you?
    People voted is a valid sample statistically and as such results are valid too.
    Deal with it.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

But what's the difference between "I have got VR", "I pre ordered it but it's not here yet" and "I will buy one when it's supported by AC"? In the end all of them want it in AC. If VR support brings new players or abandoned players back to AC I'm already affected without having one.

I mean I get your point, but none of the points in the vote are for everyone. Championships? Only singleplayer... False start? Nice for leagues and hardcore servers, but I would bet money that it only will need a couple of days until the first requests for a new server setting to make it optional because of public server... Water temp simulation? Nice to have, but for sure not essential for everyone. Sparks? Eyecandy... And so on.

So in the end it is the same discussion we already had because of singleplayer/multiplayer. Personally I think all this working time for AI and everything around was unnecessary for my AC experience, but it's part of the game and it's one part to be attractive to the playerbase and the success of Kunos. And in the end it's all about a huge and wealthy playerbase (including the console players ^^), because these people are the basic reason of the further AC development. So it's sometimes slow and long time to wait to get what I want, but I must admit that Kunos seems to always take the right direction. And the list of this thread and the comments of @Lord Kunos makes me really happy what we can expect to come, although not everything will satisfy my personal experience.

side note from the steam spy numbers: Kunos is responsible for overall 1,426.5 years of pure playtime pleasure

nosebruise, kalabaleek and ears1991 like this.
  18. c4p

c4p Gamer

too bad the vote is closed!

VOTE for VR!

My vive is waiting for it! Thanks! :)

19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I don't know what you mean! I read all of the posts AND looked at the poll. Nothing what I wrote is wrong! So the only one who is overreacting and attacking other forum members is you!
    Okay, maybe I misunderstood something and the CV1 DOES WORK with AC, then everything is fine...

20. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

But will be appreciated by more people than brake fade or false starts, according to evidence.