1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus

Horus Alien

It is not evidence it is a poll that can be manipulated by people joining the forum just to vote. Not saying that is the case but to say that the other features would not be exciting for the VR users as much as those without VR is very poor form. Obviously any improvement of the base game is an improvement for all not just those with expensive hats on.

Again I want VR/HMD supported, but not at the expense of the base game, as it is a minority product at best at the moment. IMHO

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

For who? PCars? I said Assetto Corsa has detail and magic that no one else has.

3. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

That's not what I said. I said the people who voted for VR would prefer VR to be implemented over anything else because they voted for VR to be implemented over anything else.

So are you saying that although people voted for VR, they actually don't know their own mind, and would prefer to have the other features instead?

Jaye, Mike1304 and ears1991 like this.
  4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It still works with 0.4.4. Runtime. You have to unplug hmd.

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I guess I'll have to play around with PCars a little longer because vr doesn't look very good here.

6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I'm pretty sure it will work and look way better than the DK2. You'll have to find the 0.4.4 runtime and unplug it in direct then to extend.

Mike1304 likes this.
  7. AWIEN WE

AWIEN WE Rookie

LoL.

You say that this poll can be manipulated but you don't say it, you say that you want VR but you don't want it, you are difficult to understand :). The argument that VR implementation is not for everyone, I can understand, but VR implementation can allow this minority of player to keep playing a game. Because when you begin to like VR any come back to monitor become impossible (I see myself playing LFS waiting dirt and assetto to become compatible).

I think there is no debate,

People are sadly but mainly into their short time interest.

People who don't have any VR Headset / don't plan to get any don't care for VR implementation.

People who got one including me bought it mainly for vr simulations because when you get into that kind of game it's taking the biggest part of your playing time. And when you can spend 900 dollars on a headset to play racing games you are a passionate and not the man who "just registered the forum to troll a poll".

That's why a vote is usefull ... people just have different interests and just see things from own point of view.

I usually don't take the time to write / participate on forum because I'm ok with every information/content I can get from the game/community in current state .... except with VR ^^

Personnally I think that assetto took the lead of racing sim, and to keep the lead you have to work with the newest technologies to provide the best experience.

But I agree with Kunos, VR implementation must be done with care it's not someting that's come perfect on day 1.

Even if the Vive (got mine 2 days ago) is said to be far better than a DK2 some details can ruin immersion and there is a huge difference between games that were made for vr and the one with poor implementation (screen door, aliasing and low res impact, fps optimisation..). Just test "the lab", "hover junkers", "vanishing realms" with the vive, it just look awesome, try and and tell me it is not the future!

I think it is only the beginning of VR, now perhaps the community is divided (Kunos himself said he was actually not convinced), but in the future (increased resolution / foveal ...) I bet 95% of people here will play with a headset...

When this time will come everyone will be happy to have VR implementation for the past 1 or 2 years with fixed issues and good optimisation....

Ace Pumpkin, Jaye, ZethGAF and 6 others like this.
  8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

It would also be equally as good to see how many voted for brake temps and false starts (despite not having any interest in them) simply to try and stop VR getting the highest vote.

Those that voted for VR may not 100% already own a VR set, but I bet close to 100% of those that already own VR voted for its implementation, because (despite its issues) they know its THAT good and an absolute game changer when it comes to simulations for that 'driving/racing experience'.

gisen, Cote Dazur, nosebruise and 4 others like this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Yes, yes and yes!

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

This isn't a sample of "AC Players" though, it's a sample of "people who read this thread" - to sample "AC Players" you'd need to initiate the poll differently (send it to 500 people who use AC on steam in the last 2 weeks, or however you define 'player')

I'm not likely to get VR until next gen GPUs are out, and either HMDs drop in price to where OR originally hoped (<$500) or I get a well paying job. So I did vote for something else, cause for the next 6-12 months or whatever, I don't need VR.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think most here would love to have all of those things listed in the poll, heck - I love to have an advanced gearbox model with drive-train elasticity added to the list.:oops:

One key difference for VR users is this: what other Racing-Simulation is there for use with VR? None at the moment, iRacing may get support in the next month or so but, most here likely have reasons why they don't play it. No, Pcars doesn't count; there are just too many things that knock it out of contention as a true Sim IMO. I suppose if you're desperate to race in VR, there's LFS. All of the other possible options combined don't equal AC anyway, so most people should be able to understand our reasons for wanting VR support in AC quite badly.

For some here, it's an all or none proposition: AC+VR or why bother playing? I'm not quite in that camp but, I do understand their perspective very well and I have had moments where I may have considered such drastic action.:D Some time ago, I became frustrated with the slow pace of VR progress and purchased triple monitors but, it doesn't replace VR for me; it's a stop-gap for now that others may not have but, the last few months have revealed the strong possibility that more Sim-Racing titles will not get VR support - at least, not anytime soon.

Are AC+VR players desperate? Yeah, probably very much so, . . . but, that's just because we know what we're missing without it.;)

Cote Dazur, Horus and Mantii like this.
  12. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

Sorry, I had to quote any post of yours I could find simply in order to tag you.

I read through the first few pages, so not sure how you got along with better brake temp information, however I just thought I'd share this video for you, it's from the Tech Talk series put together by the V8 Supercars.

Goes in to tuning of the brake system for temp, and how drivers manage the temp as well. The guy talking is Neil Crompton, ex V8 Supercar driver and now commentator. Wealth of knowledge, he shares a lot of info during the commentary too, which I haven't got links for, but it's very interesting.

Another interesting factor he talked about during a race was pad knock off. Basically on a circuit with a lot of kerb hopping, the pads get knocked around and so drivers give the brakes a safety tap to bring the pad face back up to the rotor before getting to the braking point of the next corner, else they arrive there with a long pedal. I don't expect that level of simulation based on the fact that we have no way at the moment of getting that feedback through the brake pedal (I did come up with an idea of a bleed valve connected to the hydraulic system of a sim pedal set that would simulate a long or spongy pedal, but the control of the bleed valve would need to be controlled by the sim itself based of temp fade and knock off, and we are a long way from that!)

AP Racing would be a good source for data, based in the UK I believe.

13. Vertaix

Vertaix Rookie

Most..

I'm honestly really wondering what there is on that list that ISN'T being developed.

sacredaardvark and Horus like this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

My guess:
    upload_2016-4-10_0-7-56.png

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, if you look at what Stefano's said so far in this thread he did not explicitly write that VR won't happen. Quite the opposite. So yes, you're overreacting. Let me quote you again:

But hey, I'm the guy overreacting, right. Calm down.

16. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Some people wants his pony RIGHT NOW!!!

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

RE Sparks/Flashing lights :p

mESCx, Horus and Kopiller like this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

What's the point, no indicators or hazard lights, no spare wheel or warning triangle and the true immersion killer all the cars have the same horn! Call this a sim. :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Nismo, V8_KB, Kopiller and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

One thing which wasn't mentioned I don't think was the shadows within AC. I still get this "stepped" shadow motion when moving along, I can see the shadows chasing as I drive. I guess if it were a simple fix it would have bee done already, however it would be great if this could be improved in some way.

Psit and Epistolarius like this.
  20. of course you do.. can't start a flame without a match right? ;)