1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Level 50 Drifters? Drifing Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bluenote10, Dec 7, 2013.

1. bluenote10

bluenote10 Gamer

Is any of the pro-drifters in the mood to give a small drifting tutorial? Would be interesting to see all steering and pedal inputs during these extreme drifts. And maybe you have some tips what helped you to improve your drifting? For instance, would you recommend to practice more on the inner circle of the drift circuit (slower drifts) or rather go for some high speed drifts immediately? Currently I'm struggling a bit, and I'm still far away from level 50 in drift mode. Guess my drift angles are just not yet extreme enough, but if I try to drift more wildly, I mostly end up spinning. Anyone actually reached level 50? Would love to see that on youtube.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Green Grip Level Apr 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Difficulty level per track Feb 26, 2023
    ACC Audio EVERY TIME I OPEN THE GAME THE AUDIO LEVEL GOES TO 100% Feb 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Change difficulty level in championship Nov 20, 2022
    General modding discussion Tell me about grip level in mods Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    General modding discussion Where to set up headlight aim control (leveling animation)? Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How is my level calculated for running with my peers? Aug 19, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres More TC & ABS levels for cars May 28, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Open season championship skill level not working Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Gameplay brands hatch grip level Sep 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI braking on apex when level is below 100 Mar 2, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Rating CC on 100 level Feb 28, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How to reliably pick an AI level for a close, hard race? Feb 21, 2021

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I've not been able to reach level 50 yet (my best is 30), but I did a writeup recently in another thread. Since then, the new update has come out, and I cannot recommend the E30 Drift enough. Best car for drifting in the entire sim.

I might consider making a drift tut for YouTube? Dunno, perhaps sometime. I'd like to get a TH8 RS first so I can demo handbrake techniques with the then-vacated DFP bump shifter.

4. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

If you put the front of the car up against the pit wall before you start and do a burnout until the tyres are warm enough to hit the limiter in second gear (E92). You can do this without setting the timer off if you are careful. Also hand brake makes everything easier, it's like a safety net for when you don't want to do extreme drifting. Instead of having to flick the car fast to do a transition, you can just transition lightly and pull the hand brake just as the weight shifts to the other side, it makes it much easier for beginners, you can just drag the *** around the place instead of committing to extreme feint or clutch kicking entries.

I personally like to use the outside track and stay in 3rd gear all the time, but I take a route I don't see anyone else use in videos yet. I go clockwise and cut across at the straight bit that joins near the first corner by the wall. That way you can keep the most speed and angle for the longest time possible on this track.

Sorry I don't have a video, I'm not very good at the interwebs.

Ethan Dean likes this.
  5. pclipse

pclipse Racer

I got to level 25 yesterday with the new S54 E30. But I started getting tired, that's why :p

6. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

That thing is such a beast, I'm so pleased with it. I found the E92, even in drift spec, tended to bog down a lot. None of that at all with the new E30. I got to level 30 earlier today and my shoulders still ache :D

Dori likes this.
  7. pclipse

pclipse Racer

Ahaha I know. The E92 is bogged down in third. Second gear drifts are do-able, third gear drifts are hard to achieve unless you have really long wide turns, that's about it. The E30 with the new S54, just like you said. Absolute beast. Too bad AC didn't just come out with an E46 M3 instead :(

tombax338 and Ethan Dean like this.
  8. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I love the drift E30 too, first proper drift car in AC, the way you can just throw it up to 3rd gear in the middle of a slow corner and it keeps going. I'll probably never use that E92 again, it's such a pain how it always bogs down. Maybe they should change the engine in the E92 drift to the M5 engine with twin turbos :D

9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

e92m3 bogs because it's heavy as ****, e46m3 weights 1549kg, it will be slower and less satisfaction to drive than 1150kg e30m3

I hope later moders will make stock e30 pre faclift model with small bumpers and bmw e39m5 s62b50 v8 engine or better LS7 7.0l v8 and then we can burn rubber in every gear
    It will happen it's just a meter of time...
    [​IMG]

Dori likes this.
  10. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I much prefer standard body style than M3 too, though I prefer facelift without the chrome bits, like 318is. There was a guy here with the E30 M3 engine in his and it could melt tyres in 3rd gear no problems what so ever.

11. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

If you want I can try uploading my replay of getting to level 100, it might be more useful than watching a video on youtube. It's nearly 200mb.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?
    It's not what I would call extreme drifting, I was being careful and using the hand brake a lot, but I guess it's all relative.

12. FenixGTR

FenixGTR Gamer

I got to level 50 (look at my profile on Steam to see the achievement). I started off by comboing in the oval on the drift track. Then I just took it around the track by linking up Combos. I found that before level 20 every 10k points got me 10 levels.

13. bluenote10

bluenote10 Gamer

An replay would obviously be great, though a youtube video would probably do as well (and you would be the first drift king on youtube :)). I can pretty much keep almost non-stop drifting now (in the inner circle). However, I simply do not get enough points for that. I don't really understand the scoring system and since I'm playing with a Rift, I cannot see the scoring GUI elements :(. Maybe it's because I'm too slow, or maybe it's the drift angle. I saw some other tips in this thread and tried to do some manji drifting: With that I even can't go beyond level 2 (okay, so far I try not to use the handbrake, since it would feel a bit unrealistic binding it to a wheel button).

14. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I think you need to see the GUI, it tells you how much time you have and how far to the next level.
    When the timer is still going it doesn't matter if you spin or go off course, you will lose what ever points you had for that drift, but you can keep going.
    If you run out of time you must keep drifting until you get to the next level, or else your go is over.
    You have to stop drifting every now and then to bank your points, otherwise you will lose all your score if you spin or go off course.
    The higher the combo and score you get the more time you get rewarded when you bank your points.

The driftking achievement doesn't show up in the replay, so it would just be another video. Also if you can watch my replay you can see any view you want and turn on pedals app to see what I'm doing there.
    I use an old ps2 joypad as my handrake and it works with xpadder. You can probably use any controller you want as the handbrake if you use something like xpadder. You'll just have to find something you can use comfortably with your setup. It's very hard to do with out the handbrake as it can really help you out when you make mistakes.

Edit: I can't upload my replay on here unfortunately, sorry.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  15. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

16. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I just drifted around aimlessly and had fun with it until I got bored, (level 51). So long as you keep the car sliding and avoid mistakes it doesn't matter if you do big drifts, small ones, fast ones or slow, just keep the car sideways. You probably have to be a little more efficient to hit 100 though due to fuel, but I'd had enough by the time I hit 40 let alone 100. It seems that from 40 onwards (ish) you need to avoid mistakes as each level takes longer to achieve than the amount of time granted from the level.

17. Juutas

Juutas Racer

I barely got level 10 at drifting. With real car i have drifted all my life in different conditions. My biggest problem now is my MoMo Racing FF Wheel. Just 240 degrees turning and hard to maintain steady slide cos steering is so fast ratio... I guess that if i had G27, i got much better results. Dear Sa(n)tan Clauss, bring me new wheel!

mistery likes this.
  18. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I have to agree with Juutas, very difficult maintaining a proper drift with the Momo. Have to hunt for Sales on a G27. Never going to own a CSR unfortunately, that thing is way too expensive for my level of involvement not to mention for my pocket. :)

19. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

You get more points for faster drifts with big angle, that's why I recommended this route as you can do the highest speed and angle for the longest time. It doesn't mean you can't do it any other way, especially now that you can do it with infinite fuel. If you try to get combos between 50 and 100 it will increase your time much more than doing smaller combos, it helps when you get to the higher levels. You can get about 10 minutes on the timer for a big combos near the start, which helps later on.

20. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

21. Does anyone use T500RS? I need some tips on how to setup the FFB, every slide ends up in uncontrollable tankslapper and its frustrating to even try...