1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Longer Dragstrip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by g4b1bb097, Dec 21, 2013.

?

Could a longer version of the Drag Strip a nice addition to the game?

1. Yes

107 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I'd like to have a longer Drag Strip track, just to check out some top speeds.
    Maybe like a 15km straight line, i know that most of fun comes from turns but sometimes a top speed test is worth a shot.

Does someone agree with me?

To everyone upvoting or downvoting i'd like to listen to your motivations
    Even copy-pasting the same landscape is ok, i mean, no need for ultra-mega details it's just a long top speed test track

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    assetto3kunos and FUORIGIRI like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TX no longer working with ACC Dec 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting I can no longer save - Fatal Error. Sep 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How Much Longer ? May 3, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G29 no longer working on Assetto Corsa Jan 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setup save no longer working Nov 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tracks need to atleast blacken in alittle during longer races. Oct 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiple Race and Qualifying Sessions no longer work after 1.5.6 Sep 20, 2020
    Console Lounge After patch version 1.5.4 No longer able to delete wheel profiles and new button mappings dont save Sep 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Button Box no longer recognised Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game startup/boot time takes longer since 1.5.1 + windowed/fullscreen Aug 4, 2020
    ACC User Interface Can we get longer auto saved replays? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Track Competency no longer showing on HUD Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Base fanatec no longer responds May 16, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI not able to use full tanks on longer races Apr 9, 2020

3. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

Personally I think anything longer than 1km wouldn't be interesting for me, but hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Just FWIW something like a 15 km drag strip should be fairly easy to be modded in ;)

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Atm. non of the cars can hit it's topspeed (gear or drag limited) closest one was e30 s54b32 - ~270km/h just getting in the revlimiter redzone @ 6 gear'
    Fastest car - 599xx = ~335km/h
    Most terrible gear ratios - Lotus Exige roadster V6, - barely getting 5k rpm @ 5' gear (6 gear box)

5. g4b1bb097

By the way the problem will be solved by modders

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

well the drag strip is actually 2k long, i just had my first go and saw the 2000m flag.

7. <*AbdulAz!z*>

<*AbdulAz!z*> Rookie

Man I wish there was a track for topspeeds...

8. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

well... why not? i join the others saying that it can be done in minutes by kunos, or any modder.

i wasted a lot of time on the bonneville salt flats "circuit" for rfactor :oops:

9. g4b1bb097

Yup and the Top Speed Track: 30km of pure straight line

10. 32stopper

32stopper Rookie

I think some of us who like to stretch the cars to their top speed will enjoy the Monza High-Speed Ring if or when it comes out, although (as has been said before) the modders will probably just stack the current track a few times.

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Maybe moders can make some part of the 'Autobahn' ~20km
    6min pedal to the metal

12. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Or MP drag racing

13. Unstrained

Unstrained Rookie

bump, please make a longer dragstrip

14. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

If you want a longer drag strip, just make it... all the information on how to make a track is already on this site. and a drag strip would be a piece of piss to make as its straight. no issues with trying to UV map terrain or roads like on other tracks, as it has no curves. You could literally make it in a day..

Fear likes this.
  15. assetto3kunos

assetto3kunos Rookie

Yes,i agree,3 or 4000 metters for example.

16. assetto3kunos

assetto3kunos Rookie

wil all my respect to the authors of version,at this day 2023 i haven't find an excellent Autobahn track for assetto corsa.