1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Looking for Racing Char

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Vinzaye, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Vinzaye

Vinzaye Rookie

Good day,

I'm looking for a good racing chair for most sim racers out there. I've been looking at wheel stands and found Wheel Stand Pro or GT Omega to be good picks. But for racing chair's I have no idea where to look. What I'm looking for is either info on the Playseat Challenge or recommendations.

I'm located in the EU so has to be bought through local store or easy to get. Price range I'm looking at 100 to 200 euro's. Don't want to go too crazy on budget.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Looking for our Racing Commentator Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room AC Racing League - Looking for Drivers! Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Over30Clan ACC Racing Series looking for drivers. Mar 1, 2021
    Console Lounge Looking for UK/Europe Racing Group/league to join. Feb 11, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room onlinesimracing.net looking for more drivers Oct 27, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LATE NIGHT RACING IS LOOKING FOR ALL SORTS OF DRIVERS Oct 24, 2020
    Console Lounge looking for a racing community May 17, 2020
    XBox One Discussions New to ACC and looking for some good online racing on xbox Dec 12, 2018
    Console Lounge New to Sim Racing, looking for wheel settings (XB1) (G920). Nov 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Looking for someone named Goodsmile Racing Sep 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room *HELP ME* Newbie looking to enter sim-racing Feb 17, 2018
    Console Lounge Clan n00b AC racing Events & Leagues - Looking for racers Aug 21, 2016
    Screens & Videos Best looking track in sim racing? Mar 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Looking for casual/friendly ac racing club Jul 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 4 men from the uk in there mid to late 40's looking for some online racing on a friday night can any Apr 23, 2015

3. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

only used the seat stuff sold the rest

[​IMG]

4. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

aargh to late to edit out lol

seat sits good good backrest
    bought it used, only "thing" is the springs in the seat are a bit squeaky when getting in
    kept the seat seat rest and gear shift holder

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

My playseat challenge fits like a glove, love it. I am 5'6" athletic build so not sure about the bigger gents out there as far as comfort. Bought one of those cheap cork slant boards for physical therapy and placed the pedal shelf on there for an angle. I dont fold it up, but you can to get out of the way.

DD_Friar and LeDude83 like this.
  6. McGregor

McGregor Gamer

IMG_1111.JPG

Obutto Revolution. Absolutely love mine. Extremely sturdy and comes with absolutely everything included (unless you plan on running triples).

Edit: I guess it's more of a full on cockpit but for the price it's tough to beat

2nd edit: Sorry, should have read the whole post. It's probably quite a bit more than you're trying to spend.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I have the Gt Omega pro and it's only OK. It also comes with the racing chair so you don't need to worry about that, although it's a pretty narrow chair, my arse is on the limits of what will fit into it.

While you can adapt the rig to fit you it's not easily adjustable for other people. Everything is fixed in place with screws so if you want to adjust wheel position for example so other people can play it means unscrewing things. There is a lack of thought in certain places, you can't use all the adjustability of the rig due to layout of holes, it can be like a puzzle trying to find a layout that will work and they included a practically useless drinks holder for no good reason.

For the price I guess it's a decent sim rig, I just felt like if they put a little bit more effort into the design it could have been a lot better, but it's cheap and does what it's supposed to do.

8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I also have the GT Omega Pro (cockpit with RS6 seat); can't really disagree with any of the above.

I also will say that for the price, I am very happy with it. I couldn't really expect more without paying a lot more money.

However I must stongly disagree about the drinks holder - (even though I managed to break mine off, after fixing with some discreet cable ties it is stronger than before) - it is amazingly useful to be able to swig a beer on the straights. Beer holder fits normal 330 / 440 / 500 ml cans perfectly as well as 330 ml bottles of beer.

9. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I also have a playseat challenge with Logitech g25.
    I am just over 6 foot (2m) and it is very comfortable and folds await neatly when not in use. I play on the family pc (all be it I have it specked up) I have to clear away when my wife wants to use the PCs.
    When I want to race it's open up, plug in the power and connect up 1 usb and I am good to go.
    I paid £135 about 2 years ago and have clocked up over 1000 hours with the majority done in the chair and no sign of wear.
    Salute

10. Turk

Turk Alien

So reckless. :p It won't fit a cup of tea so I have to have a separate shelf for that.

11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Haha true, true, to be fair I have the shelf attached to the monitor stand to my left which has my speaker control box sitting on it, and plenty of space for coffee if doing morning racing B)

12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I see in the video reviews of the Playseat Evolution that the pedal plate seems to flex a lot. I've modded my brake pedal so I need to press harder than default.
    I'm planning on buying this seat so I hope it will hold up to the abuse. Is the wheel plate compatible with the DD motors on the market? And is it strong enough for 28 Nm? :)
    https://www.inet.se/produkt/6607907/playseat-evolution-svart (swedish)