1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

lotus 49 feels like an arcade version, lacks tires

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Adrian J., Nov 13, 2013.

1. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

Don't want to be harsh on people but how FFB can be good for High end wheel ( Leo Bodnard(8N.m) /My Wheel(12N.m) ) , Medium end wheel ( CSW/T500RS ( 5N.m) ) and low End wheel ( G27 2.5-3N.m )? there's a huge range difference in torque and mechanical Friction ( High end wheel don't have friction at all ).
    A.C. is a sim that aim to be as realistic as possible, and so the FFB is the torque computed from the steering shaft in the sim, no canned effect ( so far ).
    That's why the FFB feel PERFECT on High torque wheel, Very Good on Medium wheel, and too weak on low end wheel.
    We know ( tweeter ) that Stefano is working on this to have more feedback on low end wheel.

As for the subject I never drove a Lotus49 , so I wouldn't say if RF2 or AC is better, for sure GPL is not, tire model was known to have big flaws.

2. speed1

speed1 Gamer

Intresting, thx for the info magicfr and that would further underpin my assumption and it is gratifying to hear that it's better on yours, even though that with my T500RS not really helps me, it's still good to know it's maybe not too much technical stuff with great effort, at least i hope so. No i won't any canned effects, just those the physic engine treats. You should test a T500Rs, sure you would understand the reason for my intrest.

3. emilblixt

emilblixt Gamer

I can see why those "fake" effects would add to the immersion for some. Not everyone has motion rig/shakers. I think thats why rF2 FFB is so popular, it feels fast because you have to hold on for dear life.

Leemstradamus and Marcel Pfister like this.
  4. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

@emilblixt : It will be no fake effects I think, but boosted "normal" effects, like boosting tire load feedback for weaker wheel.
    @speed1 : I have almost all wheel at works ( Gamedev : TheCrew ) and T500RS has quite lot of mechanical friction, and so, to get best performance from it you must remove all damping effect in the driver ( as the mechanical friction will work more or less like a damping ).
    Also, it's better reducing FFB power in the game to avoid clipping, I set to 60% in game setting.
    Sorry for the OS.

emilblixt, Leemstradamus and speed1 like this.
  5. speed1

speed1 Gamer

@emilblixt

I think there are some misconceptions. Things that we do not feel in a real car steering wheel mostly still exists physically but are not transmitted by different reasons, i already have mentioned to a part. Now if the goal of simulation is the to reflect drive feel 1:1 , then should these canned called effects not exist in the steering wheel as well but we lack other important information in general and as i said, there are no artificial effects, unless these are a outputs of treatment routine from the physic engine. This should be worn directly on the steering column and the information in the strength to each other balanced, so that it's always informative but not acts disruptive.

The only canned is the position of the effects. would you draw directly with the hand on the rack or track rod would you feel the most of the effects, intended to artifically fill the physic engine should treat and output dynamicly itself.

TheDyingScotsman and logos like this.
  6. speed1

speed1 Gamer

Yeah i know, i'm using the wheel without a case at the moment because the fan is dead very young and i noticed lots of flaws in the construction as well.

7. rivaltr

rivaltr Gamer

Thats why i think Rfactor2 is not that realistic at all. To many understeer/oversteer issues and for me imo cars seems way to hard to be handled well. Dont think cars have that less grip real life as compared to Rfactor2

8. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Lol I can't afford shakers, and don't want any, and definitely can't afford a motion setup lol. It's all good though, I get used to it pretty quick, already starting to handle the cars better. Couldn't drive a lap with the lotus 49 without going off track before, just did a 1m30 at monza which is ok I guess

Like I said, this is not the real world, therefore we must compensate. that doesn't mean everyone should have to buy a motion setup :)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. Adrian J.

Adrian J. Gamer

I don't think people need motion setups or vibration units to enjoy a rich & in depth experience from the physics & ffb from a good simulator
    Basic equipment is good enough if the sim software is good enough

People keep referring to the YouTube vid of the guy driving the lotus 49 around a track,
    I'm not claiming I'm a top sim racer or anything like that but I could do a similar video with either the Iracing or the rf2 version and not fly off the track, like the chap in the YouTube (real life) video I've practiced and got to know the car I've built up my speed as my confidence has grown etc

None of this is needed (building confidence/respecting the car etc) in the AC version it feels like (at this stage) a very basic or arcade style version, it seems to only have about 20% of physics depth to it! there really isn't much going on.

It would please someone that would like a title such as forza ( absolutely no offence here, although titles such as forza etc are not for me they brought pleasure to many and are big successful titles )

Visually it does look lovely though (the best yet in any sim) & amazing to watch in replays.
    AC blows me away on how extremely good it looks.

I'm really just the hardcore sim type, I think myself & others who are also this type are sitting on the fence wondering which way AC is going etc, I hope I don't seem to be a forum troll

I've mention "at this stage" because I have my fingers crossed AC will receive physics/ tyre model / ffb updates in the right areas

10. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

@ Adrian j It doesnt seem like we are playing the same sim.

11. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

By no means do I believe you are acting like a troll. A difference in opinion doesn't equate to trolling. I wasn't trying to say everyone has to have a motion rig (although the world would be a better place) but that as our expectations rise, we will need to increase our environment effects. Take for instance the majority of us got in to racing games using a controller. As our expectations of the experience grew, we upgraded our equipment to bring our physical environment closer to what we want.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Adrian J. and M/\DH/\X like this.
  12. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

Very true but if you start adding the cost's and the motion sensor is not going to be easy on your bank account. I started from controller then a G25. I now have a T500RS and a wooden rig which I built myself. I'm planning on making a steel rig as my brother is a welder and then after that who knows, maybe i'll be able to attach a motion sensor to my future rig or even make a motion sensor myself.

Adrian J. and Leemstradamus like this.
  13. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

That's the beauty of our hobby and why we live pc. We have options and can upgrade as we are fit. I had the same path you did except I had a g27 and now clubsport wheel and pedal set (still waiting on my shifter). Base shakers I saw for as little as $20 a peace. Yup get what you pay for though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nahkamarakatti and M/\DH/\X like this.
  14. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

Hmmm...... I might look at a base shaker option for my wooden rig

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Gamer

The fact that there would need to be separate support for rumble strips, bumps and grass effects says a lot. I sure hope it's not canned effects like so many "sims" of the past. If it is truly physics-based FFB (as with rF2), then I have no idea why so many of the expected feeback cues are not there or are very weak?

I also enjoyed the comparisons of the Lotus 49 in rF2 vs. AC. Can someone tell me where to get the Lotus 49 for rF2???????? It's not in rF2 as far as I know. And no, the Brabham in rF2 is not a direct comparison. Even in the ancient GPL those two cars felt quite distinct.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  16. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

@Marc Collins, I'm pretty sure that it is the Brabham that people are talking about.

17. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

so what sort of lap times are you guys setting at Monza? I did about 6 laps (not a lot I know but still fiddling a lot with FFB) and managed a 1m30.3 so far....

18. (removed)

(removed) Guest

Finally, someone who talks sense!

MapleHamwich likes this.
  19. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

Really? And what else are you?

20. sosna

sosna Guest

Mr Gek there is no point insulting each other.I happen to have almost the same view as Adrians as far as the L/49 is considered and as you probably remember i was a big fun and enjoyed netKar,cause i thought offered an unrivaled driving-fun experience.

So to summarize, as beta testers we state what we like or not and what we find weird -or we perceive weird- in this beta state of the software.We arent developers,we dont have the numbers.We just go by feel -at least i do-.I may be wrong and i may have done some wrong ffb adjustments.Isnt this the right place to discuss with maturity the ''issues'' or bugs we find while gaming?

Am i a troll also?