1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Hi, with my aussie servers there is some delay to authorise new MR grades as it has a local cache to avoid join lags that were happening when it was accessing the euro database for MR each time someone attempted to join. This should normally be updated within the hour so quite likely you will get access now.

Good suggestion about the beginners server running stock content and I will change that up soon, Its just hard to even remember what was DLC and what is stock. :oops:

The Jap pack server will be up for a few weeks mostly testing the cars for a future league season, I have just adjusted that server and now the MX5 cup is out with the rx7 and 370z getting a fair bit of ballast to balance them up. The league is xgn.com.au so for any Aussies and Kiwi's looking for some league racing there is a Tuesday nite series and a more casual Thursday nite series that runs each week.

Here is a comparison of my fastest laps in each of them running no ballast.

So these cars needed some ballast to even them out and in theory all cars should potentially lap within .5 of a second or less now. Hopefully the server gets busy again to get some more lap data and see if the ballasts are correct and how it effects more people.

Next week I will change that to Brands Indy to test how they compare on a shorter tighter circuit.

I will change up the other servers after checking what was not DLC content to add to the beginners server, and change up some others that arent getting too much interest.

Rolz likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Nice work Marty! Will be keen to try out the ballast balance... hopefully tonight :)

3. rogueqd

rogueqd Rookie

Good suggestion about the beginners server running stock content and I will change that up soon, Its just hard to even remember what was DLC and what is stock. :oops:[/QUOTE]That was super quick, thanks. I got on and had some fun races with two other guys. It's a whole different game when you're trying your best not to touch anyone. We were all going wide, hitting the breaks instead of sneaking up the inside, wobbling around trying to stay on the racing line and give each other space at the same time. I like it!
    Thanks again for the quick reply/response. I'll see you on the track one day. :)

PS. fwiw here's a replay of my first 'official' over take. I'd driven past people who were off the track before, but this was (mostly) on the track. :)

Attached Files:

martcerv likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just a word of warning to some of the dirtier drivers, the key to my servers is I want it to be somewhere good people can come for some fun clean and fair racing.

I have seen some pretty blatant cheat attempts on stracker with huge straight cuts in chicanes. This is honestly only done by someone that has little interest in being fair so if your blacklisted this could be a reason. Starcker tracks every single lap and shows every line, simply going straight through chicanes without slowing at all before rejoining may be the end of your time on my servers. Sure people make mistakes but its a little different as someone wont do a direct straight line with no loss of speed unless they actually are attemting to cheat for whatever reason they feel thats needed.

Also people with excessive contact amounts may be blacklisted as will any people pirating the game. I simply search for the pirate names in stracker and just add those to the blacklist. I pay for the server if you dont even pay for the game your not welcome.

I will check through contact reports and someone that clearly is a hazard very regularly is getting added to the blacklist. If your one of those you wont like it but at least the large majority that are wanting to avoid people exactly like that wont have to worry as much.

I may end up simply dropping c grade from all but the beginners server but id rather give those guys a chance, most are fine just some are bad eggs. Many are trying their best and sure some contact and accidents will happen just not as often.

Here are a couple of example laps you can see the lap trace and speed through chicane relative to others.

Here is one that got blacklisted for repeated collisions, poor form in general no care for others on track. Then also this gem of the blatant cheat line. See the last chicane line is a little different ;) also the speed trace. Much quicker then the regular line and only loses speed by going through sand. Ckearly not an error but trying to be a prick.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=79872#

It also shows he got a penalty and slowed but in the traditional no care stop entry to last chicane while on the racing line. Another of the things people should avoid in servers. If younget a penalty slow without negatively effecting anyone else, its really not so hard to not be a prick.

Another example here, sorry but anyone doing this and its not his first occasion just wont be back again. Check the line through the last few turns ;), last lap of race beginners server by someone that should know much better. Regularly does venture into this kind of stuff but its just not acceptable on my servers so his time is now done too.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=76894#

I have seen a couple others do similar things and will simply monitor any laps that dont nake much sense.

A fair clean racer wont ever even consider such stuff and I want them to not be scared away by such fools. This should be the same if I am in the server or not, simple rule dont be a prick and you will never have any issues.

Rolz likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

nice one Marty - yeah ended bailing last night as I'd had enough of a couple of Muppets really not caring about trying to drive properly... I think your patience might have been wearing out on them too...

Did u bump up ballast on 370z or find it was ok/balanced in the hands on mortals?

6. Mael 2

Mael 2 Gamer

Hi Marty

I was in that race with BJ and he did apologize for the cut, normally he's a pretty good driver. I understood he lost it going into the corner and just continued with it, maybe expecting a black flag? :cool:

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

BJ is on his absolute final warning, he is quite a decent driver in terms of pace but borderline to be allowed to race and very prone to this sort of crap. The thing is he should know better especially in a beginners server the better drivers should set a good example. Stracker sees all and if he chooses to continue with such crap or other dirty stuff he is prone to do then simply he will be added to a permanent blacklist.

The main point of the servers are for somewhere people can go without having to deal with such fools, it has nothing to do with how fast someone is but simply showing respect to all others and doing their best to be clean and fair. I remember warning BJ multiple times at other tracks so quite simply if he does laps on the server I will take a look and any other such rubbish wont see him there ever again. This is the same to all others so I provide the servers at a pretty reasonable cost to me in both time and money, all I ask is people to show some respect for all others in the server at all times. If they cant do that their access to the servers will be ended, everyone has the choice and they can do whatever they choose they want. I also have the same choice to remove anyone thats a nuisance or hazard or the type of bad sport I really dont want to have to babysit or monitor these people.

I will also at times monitor who has excessive amounts of contacts so beyond MR especially to allow ABC servers to remain those that cant drive relatively clean will be added to the blacklist.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just had another guy in the server, he drove me off the road in a race. I was just making a basic pass and gave him a warning, on the restart I went to the back again and tried driving close to him to see what he would do. He left too big a gap this time and couldn't even hit me lol so then he proceeded to do donuts for who knows how long 30s to 1 min on the start finish line.

Its the first time Ive seen the guy in the server but its also the last time, he made the choice so good luck to him. People need to understand they are a basic guest in other peoples servers, come in and show no respect then your open invite will be taken away. The servers are open to all that can get access via the minorating system, this still doesnt give a free pass for Muppets and so they need to be removed.

In terms of the people blatantly straight lining chicanes, reasonable people simply wont do this so at least it points the cheaters out and so can easily be dealt with. Maybe its time to put Monza back up so a few more put their hands up asking to be banned. ;)

GLENNYBOY1 likes this.
  9. Roscoe

Roscoe Gamer

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

One of the league guys got these also I think. Look pretty good I just hope I can keep up with you now using my stock g27. :eek:

11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

nice Roscoe!

With all the epic PC hardware Marty u have I am surprised u haven't looked at upgrading the wheel/pedals.

I certainly love my DSD pedals :)

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I havent really ran many laps on the beginners server but just checked lap data and blacklist being applied. bjmatho is clearly out of chances and he wont be seen on my servers again as will all the others that have done this line on their best laps.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=87717#

Added a few to the blacklist from this data.

From this data 4 of the people will be added to the blacklist for being blatant cheats, so they can have fun elsewhere no longer on my servers.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=88401#
    http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=87717#
    http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=88416#
    http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=89555#

Be a fool in one of my servers it means banned from all 6, blatant cheats are not welcome in any way so do the same as that and if I see it in stracker data you also earned yourself a ban.

The cheat laps have all been invalidated too but luckily they stay up top to make it easier to find people.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Rolz likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here was BJmatho's second fastest lap, and this after he was warned about doing it last time. :rolleyes:
    http://52.62.170.191:50041/admin/lapdetails?lapid=88414#

He apologized ;) and just kept on doing it so you can tell him hes not welcome back.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I was in the beginners server (was that one Magione with the Levante?) and honestly it was a lot of fun, there were a lot of contacts, too. The Levante seems pretty sturdy and it's a SUV so invites going offroad.. The guy seemed a little over the top at times cutting corners and exchanging hits with his friend I guess, but he somehow fit in the kind of racing the Levante offers, which is quite "physical" but fun. I am afraid the Levante is not a car suitable for Minorating.. but it makes for some fun racing.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Encouraging close racing will get guys the ratings they do deserve, people straight cutting chicanes like those doesn't matter what combo I simply wont tolerate those. So if people want to do that then fine have there fun while it lasts until they are not allowed back, I did add a note to the welcome txt regarding this so the rule is fairly clear. Stracker tracks every lap by every driver, they wont exactly be noticed unless they set a pb but then its just a big flag. Anyone setting a PB on a massive cut will be added to the blacklists and really only those willing to cheat or have fun doing so will do so.

The server is mostly up so guys can get ratings but if people want to have lots of contact then its just going to effect what other servers they can get into. Stracker monitors contacts too and if I see someone have an excessive amount then I will also add them to the blacklist also to keep hazards away. Ideally an auto kick after a certain amount of contacts would be good in case someone joins the server and is a total wrecker. Their minorating will go to W but can keep going until they leave and notice trying to rejoin they wont be back again.

Rolz likes this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

That is a good idea Marty about the boot after x contacts (or something like that).

17. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ah Marty one thing I wanted to say is I think there was some issue with stracker because sometimes my position was not shown correctly in my ptracker. I saw there is an updated version of stracker out,

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

there is an issue with p/stracker ATM... it's doing a few weird things for me. neys is looking into it.

Guidofoc likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I am running the latest 3.2.10 stracker build, you will need to run ptracker 3.2.9 or newer to get connected in my servers. Possibly the real old ptrackers some were running may have caused issues so I made it only accept new ptracker builds now.

20. Another name for your blacklist, Marty.....hazardious15. He has just been deliberately wrecking on your unrated Maserati Levante S @ Magione server.

Rolz likes this.