1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Maximum_frame_latency

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shaun Clarke, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Question for the Devs.

Every patch you release you change this 0, and I am just wondering why. Since the last update, I have been suffering stuttering and tearing across the screen, in SP and MP. I finally traced this setting ( as it has moved to a different .ini file ) and changed it from 0 to 1, and it solves everything.

My FPS when straight back up, no tearing or stutters, so why when you release a patch you default it to 0, when it clearly helps?

Just asking

Cheers

Fordie

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY does it still work Sep 23, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Question about maximum_frame_latency = (0 or 1) & sli Aug 11, 2015

3. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

mine doesn't change back to 0, this is weird. At least since they changed dx11.ini to graphics.ini, it haven't changed.
    show developer apps however, is reset to "1" after every update...

4. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Mine is changed with the last update but not in the past. In any case you can probably set the minimum fram latency for ac from your graphic card configuration software and not have to check it time by time anymore

5. Nao

Nao Alien

"0" means use system default setting. Ability to change it to "1" or whatever is just manual override for debugging etc.

If you have problems at "0" it means your drivers are not set up properly. On nvidia i's "maximum pre-rendered frames" (possible to set this up on per game basis) and i think it was something like "Flip Queue Size" on ati cards.

6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Just checked my Nvidia settings, and it is set to 1 already, so not 100% sure, but making the change in the graphics.ini worked for me

Fordie

7. Nao

Nao Alien

@Fordman, hmm you could try support forum (i don't follow that one too closely, so idk if it's reported) but forcing "1" for Maximum_frame_latency definitely shouldn't help you with anything if you have it set (and working properly) in graphics drivers settings.
    Especially if it changes your FPS (as you mention it at the LFS forums :p) As it is you most likely have some glitches between the graphics drivers and AC, i'd wish to help but it's working cleanly here ever since first AC release, and changing "Maximum_frame_latency" does absolutely nothing for me. (In theory this option shouldn't have any significant impact on performance at all. If it lags/tears/stutters, it would mean graphics driver is doing something wrong when left on default setting).

Tr51 likes this.
  8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

@Nao I know, it's strange, but it does work. It can't be the drivers as I can play COD Ghosts and Fifa14 all maxed out with no problems.....LFS well that has never been a problem, but that is only DX9, so no comparison really, if it works....I am not moaning LOL

Fordie

9. Tr51

Tr51 Gamer

10. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien