1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

PM'ed you

Totally random ;)

No exception, any session type

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yep exos won the OW vote, was my last choice of the 5 options but car is a bit of fun. I see you were in the server must have been just after I left though so sorry I missed you. Was nearly 2am by then. ;)

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't want open a can of worms here, just want a second opinion. :)

I received a MR cut warning (along with a 10s slowdown by AC) for this, but I thought I backed off enough to at least don't get a MR warning.

I didn't watch my delta, but I don't think I gained time by it.

4. R8 Gordini

R8 Gordini Rookie

All rennsimulanten.de servers updated to 2.4.0
    Thanks for your work :)

5. Minolin

According to the mirror you didn't, but also didn't really lose as much. MR should assign you CPs very little CPs though. Regulars maybe should try to get rid of the warning soon so they can see the penalty.
    Overall I think you could/should cut a little bit more. You lost it, it's not "ok" to come back without having an advantage - at least for a system that tries to do this automatically. Unfortunately I can't see what CPs you would have scored (or if any at all) until I active the whole thing.

Schnipp likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think its much like contacts your not always going to avoid it. This is obviously not your normal line so it shouldnt be much of an issue if you get the odd cp for off track. Iracing gives a cp for any off tracks and works ok.

I think if it means people need to drive more in control then overall racing will improve. I havent had a warning of any sorts yet but only ran a few laps in the new plugin so far. If from here you re entered and caused a collision I think a bigger cp hit is a good move. Lots of contacts are caused by careless re entries from such places, MR may possibly have more of a positive effect here then I thought it would. Your clearly not trying to gain time but a mistake has been made and I dont think that would be 10cp if it wasnt a warning.

People shouldnt get scared of racing or driving in mr servers because of this, but they may try to avoid doing sketchy lines and sketchy passes they regularly cant make which wouldnt be a bad thing I think.

Its fine to take chances and risks but you need to be able to pull them off more often then not. People say Maldonado was bad and in terms of f1 drivers hes not great. But many wont go off track many times in a weekend. They also likely will only have a few contacts all season which would be very low mr points contacts per km and cuts per km.

Maldonado may have had a contact every second race but thats 300+ km in f1 traffic including practice and qualy so maybe 1 or 2 cp per 1000km. ;)

What people say is the worst f1 driver would be considered pretty darn good by many in a lower quality field.

As with contacts the odd one is never an issue, if your racking them up heaps then its either a drop in grade or a change of driving style which is what MR should aim to do. Improve drivers and general driving standards rather then just punish people that are poor. Anyone can improve their grade by simply avoiding too many contacts and trying to stay on the actual track more where they are less of a hazard to everyone else.

Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, I have missed the turn again and this time really slowed down and lost time (have a look at the guys behind), but still got a warning.

As I understand Minolin's intention for the system is to only punish intentional cuts with gaining time, but this is one IMO is just wrong.

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You are right, but I knew there wasn't somebody around I could have hit with my rejoin and I'm careful on rejoining.

9. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Yeah there should be an additional check if the cut decreased laptime or not before applying the penalty. Using runoff area after mistake shouldn't be penalized (when time was lost).

Schnipp likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Tricky thing is that part of track is prone to abuse, you shoudnt be there anyway and soon will be out of warnings so we can see how many cp you would get for minor off tracks. :D

I dont mind the irating system of counting all off tracks personally, even if the systems main aim os to stop blatant cuts if as I said above it helps people stay on track more its better for all.

Dont you find it hardest to race with people going off the road then rejoining and many of them keep it floored usually ending in a spin and possibly take out a few other cars. It would be interesting to see how many cp it gives for such things so keep going off track. ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

TBH, I'm already thinking about just to cut a 3rd time to finally see what penalties are given. ;)

Are the cut and pit exit just messages so far or do they count already for the profile?

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thats why you need to keep doing it to show how much mr will award for this.

I dont think thats so easy to code, how do you check against laptime? What lap time and what if someone cuts every lap, would they only get 1 warning then be free to go as long as they dont cut as much as their best cut lap. ;)

PLP does use a system with a red and green light that shows if you can rejoin without a penalty or not after going off track, if you want to avoid the track cut wait for it to go green before rejoining.

That could would need a client side app working with MR so maybe too much work and not many would even use it.

13. Minolin

Your are right and I'm thankful for the posting. As Marty says this is quite an abusable corner, speeds and so on won't differ much.

Once you have a reliable delta everything is totally trivial. Neither Kunos nor myself would guess around with anything else.
    Getting there is the hard point, and at least for MR this is not achievable. Totally off the design.

Yeah please :) Especially because I'm not sure if you see no warning when MR doesn't put points.

Cut no, pit exit after the 3 warnings

14. Just my opinion about this: I'd prefer to penalize only these cuts where the driver gained a really clear advantage (maybe even only in race sessions, because we already have the KS penalties in qualy sessions).

There are also situations when you are forced off track by another car (to finally avoid contact) - in these situations the penalty is even given to the wrong driver then.

Andy-R likes this.
  15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I'm afraid not even mighty iracing has managed to pull off to pick the guilty party and assign penalty only to him.
    Any off track is penalized and the system doesn't harm good drivers in the long run.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Not sure if I got the big warning message on top of the screen, might have just been the one in the chat.

I'll have a look at my next warning.

17. Minolin

I prefered this as well, but my infrastructure is absolutely not capable of measuring deltas. Also the question for the reference isn't well solved (first lap = free cuts?).
    But in fact I spent serious (=most) effort to detect accidential offtracks. Please keep reporting if you find yourself in situations where you get CPs for nothing. That's why we only simulate the cut part - need feedback.

There is only both. Any server message will appear on top and in the chat. No I meant I'm not sure if the warning is given before or after the calculation. So it could be you do a 0.03 CP cut (won't do anything below a certain threshold) and still see one of the 3 warnings - but after the warnings you did't see anything in this situation.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I only got:
    'Warning x: Don't cut turns' (or something like it) and that was it.

19. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Has it already been mentioned that since the update we (at least I) don't get any incident messages anymore, although /mr incidentinfo is on?

20. TDS

TDS Alien

i can confirm this happening here too.