1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Odd with the drift server and also having no fltering or mentioning it in the server name. The MR messages should work still and I assume as someone racks up so many contacts will be getting a few messages to them so it wont be exactly hidden.

However I have never been on a drift server and from those cp numbers it looks more like the aim is to hit others not drift so I am not missing much. :rolleyes:

Im averaging 0 to 5cp per 1000km usually so at that rate in the server it would be well over 400 per 1000km lol. If I have 3 or 4 its been some messy racing recently so cant imagine having much fun in a server with that much contact unless I was playing wreckfest and wrecking on purpose. :D

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually, we did a MR-guarded drift session on ALOOG1 some time ago.
    But that being ALOOG1, it wasn't really like there was too much contact despite the drifting. :)

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Those numbers are not really surprising. They usually do attempts to parallel drifting trying to drift through corners as close to the other car as possible.
    Which – as I'm sure you can imagine – is much much harder than just driving through corners side by side. No considering that many people even fail at the latter …

4. I would suspect that most people who join Drift servers can't drift to save their lives, so high levels of CP are not surprising to me.

Rolz and martcerv like this.
  5. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Just do what everybody else does: follow a buddy around Monza at a half-decent pace for 20 laps. Instant B or A rating.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

You still pop in for a moan I see...

7. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Although MR based drift server & keep a grade of A is a proof of true skill.

8. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

If a driver is willing and capable of driving around another car for twenty laps while at least trying to avoid a crash, i think he is on the right path.
    Being on the right path he should be able to join others that start to see the benefits of racing cleanly.
    I can see nothing wrong with that.
    Some seek AAA+ levels of cleanliness, while we struggle to get a single A PUBLIC server full, well it is possible to get into AAA+ racing...
    Join the cleanest league.
    Welcome back, Parminio.

9. jonnag

jonnag Rookie

Thanks for reply! if it's alot of work for you, dont bother too much. I already got back into C rating after a couple of races :)
    I know i should have seen those messages ;) but tbh i didn't know of system until a couple days ago..
    Anyways thanks for your time!

Minolin likes this.
  10. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

Pissed off. I have has a C rating for a while. Recently I have joined severs with inexperienced drives as I keep getting punted off the track while going about fair racing. Tonight while racing I got a message after another bloody collision and demoted to rating D. At this rate I will be never playing AC except on my own

Very very frustrating!!!

11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

there are a few MR "D" rated servers about... jump on them and do laps... lots of laps to get you back to C then GTFO
    It's not hard to bring level back up... having collisions with other people happens just note who the potential noobs (or wreckers) are and avoid them.

12. Ralf thenso

Ralf thenso Rookie

it would be necessary to restrict to two levels in all the servers, example:
    AB
    BC
    CD
    etc.

evil_overlord and Andy-R like this.
  13. magzire

magzire Alien

Does MR make the server CPU work harder? I'm getting lags on f1-only server and seemed to start since that app was installed on the server.

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Depending on where server is located there can be lag spikes when people joined if it's say 300ms away from auth servers.
    Minolin provided a local auth cache for people to install locally that were a long way away (Australia for example) so that MR would check this authcache to minimise these lagspikes when someone would join

magzire likes this.
  15. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Use your head a bit more than, and don't fight wheel to wheel with inexperienced drivers...

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I doubt anybody would set up a CD server.

Tberg likes this.
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Imagine that lol

Really excited to see how ACC handles servers.

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

There are maybe a few hundred or thousand D players? I recon there would be a few if server grade restrictions were imposed (yes I know it wont happen :p)

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Reading the other thread, I hope you will find a way around the GDPR to keep the MR alive. I rarely play nowadays since not much is going on (on servers I'm interested in) and if MR goes down I might as well uninstall AC and pack the wheel in the box.

20. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

That would be terrible! A great combo running BC grade would mean an A grade driver gets punished for being A grade.
    If you can’t keep your A grade even when racing on non A grade servers then perhaps you should practice on your awareness and mirror use!!