1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dan Minton

Dan Minton Rookie

Even if I select an id file I have nothing and that should open up a workbook as far as I know, as fir the colours I'd have to check that. Yes I am using the pro version. cheers

2. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

open first the ACC workbook, then the telemetry file.
    As for my remark on black box on the channels in a graph not displaying anything that happens when the names of the channels are inconsistant with the logged channels. You either have to create channel aliases or select the right channels instead in each graph.
    For the track itself you need to create it from track view, use the track generator, it will ask for a logged lap, select a clean one and you're done.

Dan Minton and rdmracer like this.
  3. ernie wright

ernie wright Rookie

I have managed 25 pages so far, and come across this “ask” twice with no responses. I can in some part understand why.
    I am not asking for alien times , just top race pace. Imola for example is 1-41-0.5 . Is there a telemetry storage area where I can get a Bentley lap of the 1-41’s, that I can compare. MoTeC throws up so many anomalies that it would be beneficial to see a competitive drivers setup and time in data logging terms.
    For example the Bentley damper profile is far from the bell shape, more flat, at Imola. For all I know that could be correct for this circuit, with no references, leaves me with dozens of questions. No answers.
    As someone has already indicated here, again , no response, we are often totally isolated, no team, no one to easily talk to?????
    The correct data logging would help massively in helping someone like ,us, in coming to a swift conclusion, and the ability to ask specific questions.
    As much as I like MoTeC ,it is not difficult to use, just with absolutely no reference points, virtually impossible for us normal joe soaps to figure out. l, at Imola had to completely go to extremes to figure out if the damper flat profiles could, by using the dampers and spring rates, be brought more in line with the conventional plot, made in various YouTube vid’s. Still do not know if it is right or wrong

4. ernie wright

ernie wright Rookie

Some of it sorted.:)

Read from forum 25 , started to find some good info, this kind Gent put Naujoks workspace, so now my damper curves look as they should, or at least I can
    look to work with them.:)

Above comments still stands though,

5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. If you want alien telemetry files then you are going to dislike any simulator community out there, very few aliens publish their personal best telemetry data/setup, because that would give up an advantage to their rivals in league races and hotlapping events. I don't see mercedes sharing blueprints of their engine to ferrari and honda, and the reason is that getting an edge against very skilled competitors is really hard and it takes quite a lot of effort and a lot more time spent trying to understand how to setup the car and practicing to gain those 2 tenths that can make them have a chance to win the race or just barely finish in the podium positions.

In ACC in particular right now we are fortunate enough of having some aliens sharing their telemetry and sometimes some of their setups, but you are not going to find them posting their data here on the forum, go to youtube search wisely and you will find some of them. Tortelinii and Naujols show their replays and post telemetry files of those laps on youtube, Naujols even have a setup section on his discord.

Also take in mind, that their data only is not going to be an apple to apple comparison as they use a different setup to yours and so their car balance/downforce level is different from yours, also ACC simulates track/air tempertures, wind and track rubbering and different BOP and track grip between years. So if you are not driving in the exact same track conditions as them the data comparison is meaningless, as the could had done the lap in colder conditions and different track rubbering. For that reason Naujols always use in his coaching sessions the same setups and track conditions as the coached guy in order to be able to compare setups and be helpful to the guy.

6. ernie wright

ernie wright Rookie

I very much appreciate the response, ( many thanks ) it was a bit of a knee jerk response from slogging through all that information, and expecting an immediate answer.
    Luckily since my writings, I have got everything in focus, even obtaining a MoTeC data alien printout. Plus a setup, which I have found very interesting, basically answering loads of questions I had hanging around in my head.
    Most of what you have responded with I have now managed to realise.:D

Again really appreciate the response.:)

7. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

In terms of helping with Motec and ACC related goodness, Discord groups are very much your friend. I think it`s already been mentioned, but Nils Naujoks' discord group is among one of the best for motec/setup/information distribution and collection. If you're not alreayd on it, give it a whirl. ;)

ernie wright likes this.
  8. Steve Rambo

Steve Rambo Rookie

Hello!
    I recently returned to Motec and to my surprise it doesn't work anymore. What i mean is that every stint/hotlap session etc. counts exactly as one lap. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Motec, workspaces, shuffling telemetry data, verifying ACC files on Steam and many other things to no avail. I thought maybe this is problem only with a recent data but nope because files from August and September appear to be "corrupted" aswell and iirc they worked at that time. By corrupted i mean that if i open .ldx extension file it seems that it's already created with value of "total laps = 1" even if i drove for 10, 20 or 30 laps that session. I've downloaded data from other people and every .ld seems to be working and the .ldx values are right, track generates it's layout and laps are divided as they should be. Does anyone have a working solution?

motec problem.png

9. Sorry to post it here. I can not post in any other threats. Can Mods PLEEEASE resolve the issue. Neither Aris nor pankykapus replied to my conversation.

10. Dan Minton

Dan Minton Rookie

Thank you Seb..but late than never .

seb 6th gear likes this.
  11. Dan Minton

Dan Minton Rookie

I know this is an old thread ..
    I have Bentley Motec files of low 1.41s at Imola but I wouldnt say that a low 41 is an Alien time.
    Secondly if you cant do a low to mid 41 without Motec then Motec is not really going to be that much help imo.
    Track time and really understanding the physics of ACC is more beneficial than Motec.
    Motec is more useful if you are doing low 40s and trying to find a tenth of a second.
    Yes totally agree that Motec is pretty pointless unless you have reference telemetry files. Have you got the CDA setups ?, they all come with Motec data files.

12. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

What issue? If it's a bug report, you need to post a proper report with the log files in the correct section - you're not going to get a PM reply.

13. I can not post in any other threads. It is not a bug report. The forum keeps saying "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." . I tried to find an article if new members should do something to fully activate forum feature but i could not find it either. As far as steam forums this is very common here and mods should update the new members privileges. That's why i posted here.

14. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the forum Taylan!

If you look at your profile you will se you are missing the "ACC Licensed" badge.
    There is a verification process to confirm that you have purchased ACC through Steam in order for you to be able to use the ACC support forum.

I believe you have to choose a "Login through Steam" process on this forum once for Steam and the forum to sync your account.
    This is most likely the issue you have.

You will most likely not get a response by direct messaging one of the devs or moderators. They are (no joke) very, very busy people.

To add to the verification process:
    You may get lucky to connect your Steam account for verification on this page in your profile settings:

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 21.46.04 .jpg

15. Thanks Menos, Your post should be pinned for any newcomers like me to see. I tried anything related to passwords and verifications but i did not suspect "External Accounts" as İ do not have Youtube or facebook channel etc and thought it is related to social media sites.

Thanks again

menos | M6 likes this.
  16. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Very nice, I am happy you could solve the issue. now chop, chop, read all of Aris' technical posts about all insights on ACC, hit the public servers, do some CP races and maybe join some community events (there is lots and lots of endurance racing action going on with ACC now) and then maybe join a league or two :)

There is a lot to do with ACC.

rikirk likes this.
  17. PandLcars

PandLcars Rookie

HELP! I'm running ACC (PC) on Steam, and decided to use Motec to help improve my times. Unfortunately, I've been unsuccessful... I used Aris' instructions, installed Motec, copied the Base ACC folder, etc. Of course, when reopening ACC I obviously setup Telemetry Laps under Electronics, and ran several laps.

When switching to Motec, I can easily see and open the Sample files and see graphs. Also, I see my files using File Explorer in the Documents/ACC/Motec folders, along with the Base ACC files. When I open (doubleclick) the largest file for my session in File Explorer, Motec opens, but graphs are empty, unlike when I open the sample files. When I try to open the file in Motec, I get the same result..... no graphs. I can click on the far left sidebar and see laps listed, but when selecting one, I have never been able to see any graphs. Again, no problem with sample graphs.

I've tried the following.... In Motec File/Telemetry, I noticed a checkbox to 'Enable Telemetry' and I checked that. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Motec several times, in case I made an installation mistake (including deleting old Motec folders). I also tried both online in Steam, and offline. None of these changes have helped.

How do I see my data on my graphs?? Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?? Appreciate any help! Thanks.

18. I am new to Motec as well but as far as i figured out the Base ACC Workspace has to be loaded to Motec first. If you directly double click the data without starting Motec and loading the workspace, Motec tries to open the data into its default workspace which is not configured to accept ACC Data. Your data (as lap) should be loaded but as there is no worksheet in that workspace graphs will not be plotted. By selecting the laps. you can create your own workspace from scratch but loading the BASE ACC workspace then loading data is much more easier.

If this will not work, you have to wait for a pro to answer. There might be a bug or corrupted data save etc.

19. PandLcars

PandLcars Rookie

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, and the point/suggestion. I'm pretty sure I have tried to open my files while looking at the sample graphs/data, which I was assuming would then simply open my data in place of the sample data. But that didn't happen. I'll give it another try and post with results. Disappointing that all the Motec installation vids from helpful Sim fans that are on Youtube make it look so easy, while I've spent several hrs. over a couple days trying to get and see my data. Thanks again for the reply!

20. PandLcars

PandLcars Rookie

Update: Yesterday, I worked some more to try to view my data in Motec, without success. But I was watching some other vids besides Aris' about installing Motec for ACC, and I did see that in his original post, Aris said just to copy the 'folder' to Docs/Motec/etc Workspace folder, while others copied both the folder and the file instead of just the folder. I had copied both before I'm sure, but felt I was getting closer to success. So I uninstalled Motec and folders once more, and copied both the folder and the file, instead of just the folder. I then ran laps and with Motec closed, I clicked on my data file under Docs/ACC/Motec, etc. and FINALLY, I was able to see my files in Motec! Not saying copying both the folder and file to the Docs/Motec/etc. folder did the trick, and perhaps I just was making stupid mistakes many times. But I did appreciate response that the Base ACC files have to be correctly installed and opened first, since that helped me see that this has to be correctly done, or ACC data won't display. So I'm finally able to view my data! Only thing I didn't see was the final 'Sector Times' folder graphs. Thanks again for the response to my Question and Problems, since I was about to give up on Motec.
    Rick