1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need help on the Porsche 718 Boxster S w/ PDK

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, May 1, 2018.

1. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

paul_wev likes this.
  2. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I don't have the same car but adjusting the alignment and setting the track to slow produces a remarkable similarity both in feel and lap time. The one thing that still kills me is the lack of g-force. I just don't realize how fast I am trying to corner until the car spins or slides off the track. Careful attention to various queues has really helped. For example, on the long back straight at VIR, noting where the car shifts into fifth tells me which brake marker to use for the slow off-camber turn the at the top of the hill. Until I figured that out I would almost always blow that corner.

paul_wev likes this.
  3. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

In my opinion Gfotce is not a very accurate cue anyways

For ex in real life can you tell if you are cornering at 1.5g vs 1.2g?
    You can maybe tell if you are experiencing more or less g, but not the exact g

You are more than likely to use the visual cue in real life , which is more accurate
    Visual cue as in reference points and sense of speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

That's true but that's really what I'm talking about. It's hard to explain but it is easier to feel my car slipping when I can also feel g-forces than in the sim where I can't. I need other ways to deal with it in the sim and my approach has been to use things I can see to help to determine what I need to do. I would still use those on a track but I could modify it based on how it actually feels.

As an example, there is a slight turn on a track I drive all the time that can be taken at 125mph or more. I can do that in the sim but the g-forces in real life make it feel like the car is about to be pushed off the track, so lacking enough nerve, I keep it under 115. I have seen people try to take it flat out, suddenly get very uncomfortable and lift, causing the car to spin. It's a subtle point but you miss that in the sim, which is probably why I am usually a couple of seconds quicker.

5. IRL or in the sim I just go by when the tyres dont want to play anymore lol.

Any of that tho is directly related to how good your line is and how well you loaded up the car in a corner so eh.

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Arch

Arch Alien

If you want a semblance of a correct driving behavior to compare to your exact IRL car, you would need to make a car mod with identical behavior to your real car. That wouldn't just entail copying the geometry exactly but also tweaking it to actually work in the engine closer to reality. Just copying geometry won't do it. Then you would need to somehow produce identical tire gripping behavior, and on top of that would be things like the differential maybe not even being supported in AC or AC not simulating it well and so on. You can completely ignore things like tire pressure or heating too, don't even try to get those exactly right.

Then when you managed to create that very accurately driving car, the telemetry would still be off due to the simulation being imperfect and running at 333hz and not "infinite rate" as per IRL. You see what I mean?

I would just use AC as a general driver's aid for training overall technique. Not a serious testing and training tool akin to actually driving laps on the track. Even the best sims can't fill that role, I believe.

7. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I think you may be over-analyzing this or think I am. I know, for example, if I run an available car on a track I know, it will behave pretty much the way that car would on that track, but it wouldn't be exact. Here I am dealing with a car that is not an exact duplicate but kind of close. All I am after is kind of close behavior. By setting my alignment and tire pressures and selecting a slow rather than optimum track I get performance that is pretty close, and that is about all I can expect.

Sure, a perfect match might produce closer results, but real car and track conditions change all the time, so it would never be exact. However, if I can get something reasonably close, which I think I have, I can use it to hone my skills better than I think I could by selecting some fabulous car I would never own or, if I did, drive on track.