1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to AC and think its brilliant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by flanders010, May 29, 2014.

1. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

Oh yes you are right Mr. Hornbuckle , i forgot about these .

2. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Wow! You kept the manual!!!

3. Emin

Emin Racer

picture is not from me :) I have no idea where my manual is :D

Dick Forrest likes this.
  4. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

I originally was looking for a 'Drag racing' game on steam when I came across Assetto Corsa.

Little did I know spending that $30 odd dollars would be small change as I got sucked in deeper and deeper... In a good way. :)

Yep, I played Assetto Corsa with a keyboard for about 3 hours total. That was enough to see it wasn't anything like I've tried before.
    Started researching SIM racing deeper. Saw iRacing and thought that's way over the top and a full on money sink. didn't look anywhere as pretty as AC either.

So I went a bought a cheap $60 Thrustmaster and feel deeper into AC. The Thrustmaster lasted about 2 - 3 weeks before I wanted more immersion.
    Then, I busted the budget and got the "everyone must get one" Logitech G27. Immersion jumped up 10 fold. Just felt much more in control.
    Then came the $400 playseat so I can transport my rig around to my friends places.

So, yeah AC has hit my wallet, but I have found a hobby I will enjoy for a long time coming.

Now Shrubbo's post about the Fanatec Clubsport wheel has got me thinking of my next upgrade.....

João Monteiro and Emin like this.
  5. Emin

Emin Racer

I started to play AC with wheel yesterday, man, it is awesome!

Dick Forrest likes this.
  6. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

He's got the Bug, :)

Dick Forrest likes this.
  7. André57

André57 Racer

This is mostly guesswork as I can't find any way of displaying the ingame framerate, but I just watch for judders and the suchlike.

Hopefully, around December, I may be able to get some upgrades and play the game properly. :D

Use render stat app in the app bar (right of screen) to monitor.
    I change my video card recently, my PC is not much than yours except for ram 4g but with a better card it goes realy well. Much improove. i had a GT520 now have GTX650ti.
    good luck and welcome

8. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Rookie

I got my first part of the upgrades this month, so I can play the game fairly smoothly now. Just waiting a week or so and I can get my new GPU which will boost the framerates significantly.

Thanks for the tip about the hidden menu - that is a much easier way to check the fps.

Asetto Corsa is still great fun and it still needs a MINI! :D