1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New virtual mirror adjustment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chazz Ranger, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I wish I had triple screen setup, I think cockpit view is definitely the better option with 3 monitors. I understand what you mean now by correct FOV setup. Honestly though, sense of speed is very important for me, I love that "driving on the edge of control" feeling, knowing that even the smallest mistake can be disastrous... that's when I get the adrenaline rush, the sweaty palms, and have the most amount of fun :D
    I agree bonnet cam is less than perfect, but I've become accustom to it now that close cars and corners are no problem at all. Just like learning a real car's dimensions, it's all about practice and bumping into things ;)
    Also, your written command of english is actually very excellent! :cool:

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

If you learn your real cars dimesion by bumping into things .. you`re doing it wrong ;)

victor86 and Chazz Ranger like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Would be nice to have a larger mirror as many race teams fit extra wide rear view mirrors to give drivers more awareness of cars around them.

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  4. Please dont post things like ''proper'' ''correct'' etc.As for the realism argument is concerned,im sitting stationary in a desk chair ;) -no oculus for me just yet-

I remember a couple of years ago a lot of talk about proper and mathematically correct fov settings.While using triple screens i set them up to a way my eyes found the view comfortable.Then for curiosity sake i tried the automated fov calculators.Guess what,my empirical and not so scientific setting was 2 degrees off the suggested one.

So its nice to try and follow first and foremost your logic and of course we must never forget that we are all here to have fun.

Maybe all of the above makes me a simcade driver ;)

Tucker73 and Chazz Ranger like this.
  5. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

What about a way to rotatet mirrors? Rarely they show me what I need to see. They are almost always looking in odd directions.

6. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

Hey buddy, I was in the same place as you. Next step I took was aligning virtual horizon with my eye level. To do that I had to replace my chair to a lower one. Now I am sitting deeper in a car which translated to feeling plus as a bonus I see gauges thru my g27. Highly recommended.

edit: Since you disabled virtual wheel I assumed you have yours aligned with it.

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Funny and also very true, except if you drive from the roof IRL.;)
    That said it totally OK to enjoy a non realistic POV and FOV, after trying a realistic one for a while of course, as what only matters is to enjoy it.

Very greatfull to have the new view in the mirrors, not played with the value yet, as it looks perfect for me as it is. the old view was one of the few things I did not like about AC, to the point that before 1.1, I had the mirrors disabled and used the look back instead. Much better now.:D:D:D

@Tundra, nice FOV.:cool:

@Snoopy to be able to adjust the mirror, as we do IRL, would be awesome and exclusive to AC ( I think) I always wanted this in a SIM but never seen it anywhere.:)

8. TDS

TDS Alien

THIS!!! Side mirros are aways pointing outwards from where it should be..., we should be able to see a little of the side of the car and the track "right" behind it.

menos | M6 and shiftA like this.
  9. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

rFactor1 got this feature since the very beginning, AGES ago ;)
    There was an outstanding sound sample that cried "mirror, mirror..." while you did it LOL

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

iRacing has it too, you can adjust each mirrors pitch yaw etc. it's actually a very welcome feature when using the DK2.

11. the_prodigy

the_prodigy Racer

You can do that in rFactor 1/2..

edit: got ninja'd hour ago

12. Sean

Sean Simracer

Agreed with this.

13. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

Probably no devs will see this post amongst all the other posts BUT thanks Kunos for taking notice of us and giving us the ability to change the mirror to suit our needs. :D
    Let's give some praise guys.....

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  14. Sean

Sean Simracer

Code:
    [MIRRORS]
    FOV=25
    FAR_PLANE=400

Anyone know what affect Far_Plane=# has?

15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

the rendering distance of what is shown in mirror, past a certain limit, scenery (like trees) starts to disappear piece by piece from the rear view mirrors.

Sean likes this.
  16. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Forgot to mention that in my OP :confused: Bumped mine up to 500 and can barely see any falling away of scenery in the rearview, except on Döttinger Höhe. At 400, scenery quickly disappears into oblivion...
    Also noticed that going above 15-20 on virtual mirror FOV makes rear tyres show up in the mirror in many cars :mad: Kunos states that is "As Designed", yet the pre-v1.1 virtual mirror FOV was far wider and yet showed no tyres...

17. Sean

Sean Simracer

I noticed this yesterday while racing online and I kind of like it. I feel that when I don't see any of my own car in the mirror it feels like there is still a big gap to the object(car) behind. (Eg if I reverse towards a wall or another car, I hit the object when it looks like there should still be room/a gap in the mirror). I would love if we could actually see our own car body in the mirror, that would be perfect. Being able to see the wheels makes me believe now that this would actually be possible.

What do the developers think could you do this? I guess it is not don't maybe beacuse of performance or odd clipping of the car body in the mirror? I hope it can be possible, even as an option that is off by default.

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Totally agree, and it's absolutely possible. It would make the virtual mirror much more... virtual :D