1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No Rain? and No Night?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by John Titor, May 21, 2014.

1. John Titor

John Titor Rookie

There's no wetness to come? I can't get true night?
    as it is - is how it stays?
    Maybe one of you know, I kind of assumed it was planned but we are getting close
    to the retail version now aren't we?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA IN RAIN AND NIGHT Dec 1, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No water effects on track in night and rain May 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Driving in the pack, in the rain, in the night... Sep 17, 2018
    Console Lounge Wish me Lights by Night and Rainwippers Nov 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Night, rain and instant replays - we need official response Apr 3, 2015
    General modding discussion Night and rain driving Feb 6, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi EVO2 GT3 Wrong rain light May 3, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Entering into Hohenrain turn Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DD is grainy coggy on Nurburg 24H Apr 2, 2024
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Engine and Powertrain talks Dec 20, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT3 Evo Rain Light Jul 30, 2023
    ACC Physics Heavy front graining with 296 GT3 May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Rain spray visuals Mar 14, 2023

3. iVG

iVG Alien

How do you know we are getting close? 1.0 could be 1 year away.

4. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Your assumption was wrong. It was stated very clearly that weather and night races were not planned for the v1

5. John Titor

John Titor Rookie

Question marks mean questions, is it planned?
    Depends on what world line this is, but yes that's true.
    Could take a year to reach 1.0

6. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not on the cards for V1 but it can be introduced down the road. Remember AC is expected to be supported with new content for 5 years, we have plenty of time.

There's a fair amount of content in AC as it is, I'm finding it hard to get through it all and be competitive. I spent probably 4-6 hours preparing for a lotus 49 race over the course of two days. I only raced silverstone international fairly recently for the first time.

I'm happy enough with the progress and looking forward to any and all updates kunos bring out because I know it will be of a high standard and all things considered I've run into a minimum of bugs, for an alpha it's very polished. The features will come in time, for now we can focus on the skill of driving.

f1webberfan, cerebus23 and Radfahrer like this.
  7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is continuous development with content added drip wise over the next few years as long as sales continue.

The concept of the product being finished or a retail version doesn't really apply. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing AC2, AC3, AC4 every couple of years thankfully.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

content doesn't necessary means features,

the night isn't a small update, it requires lot of rework,
    somebody said that at the moment AC can use only 1 light source, and for the car lights, you will need new lights per car, so this alone is a huge change

will be interesting to see what features will be added, it wouldn't hurt to have some list from Kunos of things that they are planning to do ( even though that doesn't mean they will do it ) but just to have idea of what's to come

Shaddix likes this.
  10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

in 3 years it would be nice to get it if Kunos can/want to develop it.
    If not, its like other racing sims (iR)..

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A feature that will be welcome down the track, but the funny thing is the amount it gets asked for in sims that have it online hardly any serves are setup for rain or night racing so I dont think its as high a priority for racing as some see too think. Mostly its just used for making prety screenshots. ;)

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I really would like to have it but as the dev's say for most people driving in the dark or in the rain will be something they do once.

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This would be a good place to write....

:p

Michael Hornbuckle and djkostas like this.
  14. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Eventually it might come I guess, but it isn't something which would be topped at the priority list. Getting Multiplayer right/supporting it and releasing already announced content or near-finished content is higher up the list. Same goes for AI, damage etc. etc. Just give it time ;) It isn't like we need it right now. I mean, most of the people can't even drive during day-time and you want to drive at night already? Jeez dude :p What kind of carnage would that give during the races; I don't even want to think about it!!! :D
    But just have patience, I'm sure it'll eventually be added but just not right now.

15. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Night is not an important aspect imo, but rain would be nice to have at some point... Would love to tip toe the lotus 98t around a wet circuit. :D

16. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

The devs clearly suggested DLC would be coming in Q4 2014. You can't really sell DLC's if the game isn't finished.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

who says that? These days game devs can do whatever they want

18. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Yup, but Kunos just aren't your regular everyday AAA devs. They've shown they actually do care about the community and so far they stuck to their plan of updating the game every 2 weeks, unlike most of the devs.

Hanzales and Digital Aura like this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Kunos has always been fair with the community as far as I know so you shouldn't worry about that.
    They've said that the Norschleife DLC should be comming out in September if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/nurburgring-news-en/
    And if I remember correctly, they will also be releasing another DLC which will include the McLaren P1. No ETA on that one though. Could be before the Dream DLC (Nordschleife DLC) or after it.

Hanzales and Anuj like this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Finished? What does that mean???

21. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

Commonly referred to as 1.0